3rd Trimester

Kitten peed in nursery:( help!

so our kitten (who has never had litter problems before) was declawed/neutered and had to use a vet prescribed litter for a week for sensitive paws while healing. It is not clumpy like his normal stuff and made of recycled paper and my hubby and I were crossing our fingers he wouldn't have an accident but wouldn't be surprised if he did since it wasn't the nicest litter.

well, kitten did pee and of course in the nursery:( I'm due any day now with baby #2 and can't locate the smell exactly and need to get it taken care of obviously before baby is born. I found some on my toddlers bed (baby and big brother will share a room) so I washed the linens on it with vinegar and our detergent we use. Debating even washing it again just to make sure it's all out (even though I can't smell anymore). Also going to take vinegar to the mattress itself with a carpet cleaner too. 

but I'm pretty sure our kitten peed on the carpet too. So we are renting a carpet cleaner and going to go over the whole room with vinegar and then sprinkle baking soda to leave on and vacuum. I'm basically going to clean like a freak...possibly repeating this process on all things 2-3x...

has anyone had this happen in their nursery? What did you do for cleaning and did the cat ever pee there again? We will be keeping the door shut to the boys room for a while either way so we don't risk it becoming habit for kitten. Our kitten is def not jealous and he absolutely adores our son so we know he def did this because his litter is sucky (as this was never an issue before). 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Kitten peed in nursery:( help!

• There's a product you can get at Petco. It's called Nature's Miracle, amor there's another one called Simple Solution. It's a spray that you use, and it takes the smell of cat urine right out of everything. I adopted a male cat once, and he peed in everything, it was disgusting. That stuff took care of it though. 
  • Loading the player...
  • so our kitten (who has never had litter problems before) was declawed/neutered and had to use a vet prescribed litter for a week for sensitive paws while healing. It is not clumpy like his normal stuff and made of recycled paper and my hubby and I were crossing our fingers he wouldn't have an accident but wouldn't be surprised if he did since it wasn't the nicest litter.

well, kitten did pee and of course in the nursery:( I'm due any day now with baby #2 and can't locate the smell exactly and need to get it taken care of obviously before baby is born. I found some on my toddlers bed (baby and big brother will share a room) so I washed the linens on it with vinegar and our detergent we use. Debating even washing it again just to make sure it's all out (even though I can't smell anymore). Also going to take vinegar to the mattress itself with a carpet cleaner too. 

but I'm pretty sure our kitten peed on the carpet too. So we are renting a carpet cleaner and going to go over the whole room with vinegar and then sprinkle baking soda to leave on and vacuum. I'm basically going to clean like a freak...possibly repeating this process on all things 2-3x...

has anyone had this happen in their nursery? What did you do for cleaning and did the cat ever pee there again? We will be keeping the door shut to the boys room for a while either way so we don't risk it becoming habit for kitten. Our kitten is def not jealous and he absolutely adores our son so we know he def did this because his litter is sucky (as this was never an issue before). 
    @mrsbenjamindaniel

Sounds like you have a pretty good handle on it. Like PP said, try a couple different types of litter. Also, make sure his box is cleaned often. Some cats get mad if the boxes aren't cleaned out regularly. My neighbor has to scoop hers out every night.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• You may want to keep kitty out of that room now. Our one cat peed in my DS' room once and now, everytime he sneaks in there, he pees on his bed.
  • I was going to comment how I'm lucky to only have a dog. Then I remembered the other day when he (dog) got mad that I put the baby gate up and he couldn't get in our room, so he shit on he stairs. Pets can be such assholes.