October 2016 Moms

Breech Baby Updates

2»

Re: Breech Baby Updates

• I had an ECV this am; baby girl did really well before and after but unfortunately it was not successful. I'm sore but better than expected!
  • Loading the player...
  • @LGW2015 Aww I'm so sorry you're having to go through this- I know it must be so frustrating & you must be experiencing a million different emotions. But yay for baby coming on Monday! Hope everything goes super smooth!!
  • @LGW2015 You have a birth date! I'm glad you have some time to adjust to your new plans but, again, sorry it all came about this way. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Guess I'm part of this club now.  CNW that I saw Friday thought that baby was head down but scheduled a growth scan for me today because of my GD and because fundal height was measuring way ahead.  Growth scan today showed that baby's size is totally normal (petite even), but .  .  . baby is not head down.  Not even close.  Head is way high up (I knew there was a reason I was still having trouble breathing!) and baby is sort of diagonally transverse with feet up and butt more or less down.  Not sure what to think at this point -- I would really like to avoid a C section, but at the same time I don't know if I'm comfortable with the risks of an ECV, especially given that they don't always work.  So I'm guessing I will get a call from my OB's office once they get the ultrasound report and will discuss options then.  @annabenanna @Kaessi Both of your babies flipped naturally, right?  Were you guys doing the spinning babies stuff or anything else to encourage turning?  Anybody else have any insight on what my chances are of getting this baby to turn on his/her own at 36+ weeks?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DH and I:  Early/mid 30s
    Married 7/15
    TTC #1 as of 8/15
    BFP 11/21/15 -- MC confirmed 12/1/15
    BFP #2 2/18/16
  • @simcal18 sorry to here baby is breech! Sound like the same position mine is in  :s

36 weeks I'd say you still have time. Do look up spinning babies stuff (even though their website is terrible) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @simcal18 I did A LOT of walking and some spinning babies stuff. I would lay with my hips/legs on my bed and the rest of my body on the floor, supported by my elbows. (My bed is about a foot & a half off the floor). I couldn't do this for long, but I tried for about 5 minutes a day, usually in the evening. I read to do something to distract you while doing this so you're not focused on the pressure so I usually just browsed stuff on my IPad. I have no idea if any of this worked, but she was still breech at 35 weeks and flipped sometime before my appt at 36+4. Good luck you - I hope your baby decides to flip too! (If it's any encouragement my doctor told me that she had a patient last week whose baby flipped at 39 weeks, so it's possible!)
  • @littlewillie2016 She'a gorgeous! Glad all went well :)