October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

1234568»

Re: Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

• @Schell2013,I can imagine how that felt,ouch. Hope you are feeling better. I believe I will be fine,baby just gave me a few jabs,lol. Thanks for the concern
  • +1 for loving Gilmore Girls! And also for hating April. Ugh. I felt like they were seriously reaching for straws adding her in. I didn't feel like she added anything to the plot other than to obviously foil the Luke/Lorelai relationship, and by that far into the series it's like...stop trying to play us!  

Im so excited for the new season!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited September 2016
    Totally doing that @CopperBoom86!  I wanted to make so much fun of him last night, but after reading @AllyTheKid's reminder I'm glad I didn't make fun of him.  

Still, DH needs to chill because he's gonna make my BP shoot up.  

I should just go for a nice long walk and eat chinese food, that might make the baby come sooner. ;)  
    Make sure you quit your job too. Sound advice, methinks.  

;) 

but actually, your plan sounds great right now. 
  • @ashleyp625, yep!  y'all are nuts!  why aren't you quitting your jobs yet? i'm gonna go in labor as soon as i quit. ;) 
  • Wednesday leaving the doc's office, I almost bit it stepping off the curb. I was texting DH about the appointment and walking at the same time (probably not the best idea, in hind sight...), and thought I was on the ramp, but apparently not and stepped right off the curb onto a twisted ankle. Luckily I was able to stumble around until I caught my balance, but at first I thought for sure I was going down. Of course there were people walking by and then they were being very sweet, asking if I was ok, but it was super embarrassing and all I wanted to do was get to my car as quickly as possible lol. Glad you ladies are ok @bimbolaoyin and @Schell2013!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @ashleyp625, yep!  y'all are nuts!  why aren't you quitting your jobs yet? i'm gonna go in labor as soon as i quit. ;) 
     :D  :D:D

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• It is strangely quiet on here today....hmmm 
  • kmyers228 said:
    It is strangely quiet on here today....hmmm 
    Last minute nesting? Haha. Surely they're not all having their babies today!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @amye102485 yea maybe everyone is being really productive today, I'm definitely not!
  • kmyers228 said:
    It is strangely quiet on here today....hmmm 
    That's what I said earlier. Been a weird day! But with less Bumping, I finally finished my continuing education so I don't have to worry about it when I come back in January. Woohoo! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @CopperBoom86 Yes! I got to an episode and they kept saying "Copperboom!" And I was thinking "wait a minute...."

Also not a fan of April. At all! But I'm also binge watching the series before November and the new episodes! 
  • OrangeEv said:
    @CopperBoom86 Yes! I got to an episode and they kept saying "Copperboom!" And I was thinking "wait a minute...."

Also not a fan of April. At all! But I'm also binge watching the series before November and the new episodes! 
    I've watched most of the series but never really got into it or even paid much attention, so the Copperboom reference still goes over my head. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @MrsHudson2014 It's what I had for dinner, so approval from over here :)
  • It's snowing here. I just finished crying my eyes out cause it's really setting in that I'm having a c section soon and even though it's my 3rd (you would think it wouldn't be a big deal now) I wouldn't be scared AF but nope I just finished having an anxiety attack that has made me just want to leave him in there, forever. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @schell2013 SNOW? DO YOU LIVE IN THE NORTH POLE? Oh my gosh.

re: falling- I panicked in the middle of the night trying to get out of bed to go pee because it felt like my body/joints were frozen and I was like "oh! if I fall my floors are just solid concrete!" but I didnt fall. But who would have though extreme fear of falling is part of pregnancy?! haha

re: work - At this point I'm basically free to make my own schedule and I decided I can't handle going to work today. It's mostly my commute, it's so hard (2 over crowded mini-buses and a motorcycle taxi). Plus the Dr put me on medicine for my BP and it makes me feel so tired. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Any BTDT moms have an opinion on the Wonder Weeks app or other baby development apps?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kmolleltz almost at the North Pole! Naw all jokes aside northern BC, we have some wild ass weather up here. 
  • @lgw2015 the wonder weeks app was the only one I downloaded and I really liked it. I also had a very fussy baby for the first 3 months and he wasn't a great sleeper- so a lot of what the app said made sense to me. I found developmentally he was right on track with what they were saying. Maybe a coincendence- no idea but it helped me change the way I thought about his fussy periods and no sleep periods! 
  • Re- wonder weeks app

I used it a bit with my second baby, it was kinda neat. Sometimes it was bang on and sometimes it wasn't. I just took it with a grain of salt. It was something to read in the middle of the night while BFing.
  • @noraaurora totally get your take on the wonder weeks app! And I agree with it! I think that for me having a fussy one, it made me think that okay, he's being fussy because he is learning a new skill! Haha it is totally what you take from it! 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited October 2016
    Omg @NoraAurora... Your poor pup! I'd have been in tears too. I wonder if it's a heat rash. So glad your pup isn't acting like it's bothering him. 
    Also, stay away from the chloroform you crazy scientist!  :p

Eta- I can't believe the groomer didn't say anything to you about that!
  • NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited October 2016
    bnsmith85 said:
    Omg @NoraAurora... Your poor pup! I'd have been in tears too. I wonder if it's a heat rash. So glad your pup isn't acting like it's bothering him. 
    Also, stay away from the chloroform you crazy scientist!  :p

Eta- I can't believe the groomer didn't say anything to you about that!
    I was looking through my amazon history because I thought I'd remembered her doing this same itchy thing last fall too, and TO THE DAY one year ago I bought anti-itch oatmeal cortisone doggie shampoo along with spray cortisone. So I'm thinking she has some kind of seasonal allergy (plus it's pretty cooled off where we are). So I've also added benadryl now. It's like she gets in this cycle and something has to happen for her to stop.

And I'm *hoping* the groomer didn't say anything because she hopefully just developed it in the last few days. Otherwise I would be seriously upset :(

eta- just realized I didn't mention anything in my previous post about the dog itching- which is a separate issue from her neck wound. So yeah, she's been going crazy scratching herself for a couple weeks too, which maybe contributed to her neck? No clue. 
  • @NoraAurora chloroform!!! jeeeeeeeeez! What a crazy situation. I hope your pup starts to do better.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @NoraAurora Aww poor pup! I would've cried too! Mine had a hot spot type raw area on her leg earlier this summer that I was putting medicine on everyday. It was in a small metal spray can..one day I doused her leg in the medicine, went outside for something, and then came back in the house and starting thinking, why does it smell so good in here...oh crap!!! I had sprayed my poor pup's open/raw wound down with air freshener that was in a similar can on the counter. She was furiously licking at her wound and I freaked the eff out! Immediately flushed & washed her poor leg but I was bawling and felt like such a horrible mom! Thankfully all was well though! And at least she smelled good...

As as for your chloroform - who knew, lol?! I have plans to bathe pups later today & bleach the tub after. I have now noted to keep the rubbing alcohol away!! Haha 
  • @NoraAurora omg what a crazy story!! Hope your puppy recovers quickly, I would be upset too :( I seriously can't believe about the chloroform! Haha so crazy! Glad you ran out right away!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @NoraAurora - dog skin allergies/itching are things I know A LOT about. 2 things you can do that will help quickly (not that you asked, but I can't help myself):
    1. steroids- this may be all you really need if it's a short term thing for your pup. One round (usually 7days) will take care of the itch and are cheap at the vet
    2. Apoquel- it's a new med that treats the itch and usually starts working writhing 4 hours of giving the first pill. This is if it's a more long term issue and you'd use instead of steroids. We use this. We don't know what my dog has become allergic to within the last year and this is the best option for treatment, for us. Basically, it mimics the results of steroids without the systemic side effects. 

Both will require a vet visit but it's totally worth it.
  • @copperboom86 i'll be the resident bitch. i give zero fs
  • @mrszoess - I wish we could just agree as a community not to even respond to them.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just am so tired I didn't even open them. 

DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @bnsmith85- thank you, that's actually incredibly helpful! Her neck wound is looking loads better with daily cleaning and antiseptic cream so we were debating going to the vet today- but the generalized itching is still a problem. And it's definitely seasonal- it seems like it gets worse every Fall. I will call and ask about the steroids, and also whether we should wait on them til her neck is fully healed. 
  • That's how my dog's started @NoraAurora... As a seasonal thing. And then it just became constant so the steroids were no longer the best option. Good luck and kisses to your pup! 
  • MRSCORKER said:
    I am 100% going to regret the fiber one bar I just ate. 
    I say that EVERY TIME I have one! They're so good!