April 2016 Moms

Let's Talk Teeth

I thought out 4 month sleep regression/wonder week was just lasting a really long time. Upon further investigation, however, I found at least 4 separate teeth buds coming in. Yes, at least 4. It looks like T is getting everything but the molars in the bottom all at once. DD didn't get her first tooth j too really late-15 months. He's uncomfortable to say the least. 
Anyone else getting teeth??

Re: Let's Talk Teeth

• edited August 2016
    The pic below is a screen shot from a video from when my son was 2.5 months old, you can see where his two bottom teeth are breaking the gum a bit. They're a little further along now, but very hard to photograph. No clue about the top teeth. 

He's very drooly, shoving his entire fist into his mouth constantly, and rejects all traditional teething toys. 

• DD is drooling like a fountain and has been since about 2 1/2 months. And she chews on EVERYTHING she can get to her mouth. I thought for sure she'd have some teeth by now. But nope.

DD1 started cutting teeth at 4 1/2 months and got them really quickly, one right after another. DD2 started at 6 months and got them all pretty quickly as well. 
  • Loading the player...
  • DS has been drooling like mad for like three straight months. No tooth buds, but he does gnaw the crap out of everything he can get his hands on. (Including his hands) Fiancé's mom made a huge deal about him having teeth by the time he was three months old and telling me that LO will probably do the same. I'm so glad that didn't happen :astonished:
  • Lol... I read this and it reminds me of "Let's talk about tweedle beetles..."
  • korpatch said:
    Lol... I read this and it reminds me of "Let's talk about tweedle beetles..."
    Those darn tweedle beetle battles are the bane of my existence.
  • korpatch said:
    Lol... I read this and it reminds me of "Let's talk about tweedle beetles..."
    Those darn tweedle beetle battles are the bane of my existence.
    "When tweedle beetles fight it's called a tweedle beetle battle"
  • No teeth yet, but LO has been drooling like crazy and gnawing on anything he can get his little hands on. We're in the middle of the sleep regression, too, so it's a fun time at my house. 
  • My little guy is a drool machine and loves gnawing on toys, his hands, other peoples fingers, and pretty much anything else we'll allow for him to put in his mouth lol.  I think he's starting the teething process, but I don't see any little buds popping up yet.
  • Has anyone noticed an increase in bowel movements with teething?
    LO has started teething in a major way this weekend. On Sunday, he pooped 4 times which is VERY unusual for him. No temperature, but his gums are definitely swollen/irritated. 
  • linzoirv said:
    Has anyone noticed an increase in bowel movements with teething?
    LO has started teething in a major way this weekend. On Sunday, he pooped 4 times which is VERY unusual for him. No temperature, but his gums are definitely swollen/irritated. 
    DD2 gets diarrhea when she's teething. I think my babies have an acidity change in their saliva when they're teething because latching always feels uncomfortable at first (and not due to biting). Acidity change + more drool = diarrhea.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • linzoirv said:
    Has anyone noticed an increase in bowel movements with teething?
    DD2 gets diarrhea when she's teething. I think my babies have an acidity change in their saliva when they're teething because latching always feels uncomfortable at first (and not due to biting). Acidity change + more drool = diarrhea.
    Did you give them Pedialyte during this time? What was your remedy for the diarrhea? How long did it last?
  • @linzoirv - It never got to be a dehydration thing, but definitely feed when baby wants. The diarrhea never lasted more than a couple days. In fact, she has a 2 year molar coming in right now and had nasty diapers today.
  • @kielpinskim Thanks! Hope both of our babies get through this teething phase smoothly and a little less poopy...  :)
  • LO popped two bottom teeth this weekend! We knew she's been teething for quite a while, so it was exciting to see those little teeth finally make their debut :smile:
    That's so exciting! I can see 4 buds on my son's bottom gums as well. Hopefully, they come sooner than later. He always looks like he's chewing gum.  :D
  • We officially have our first tooth emerging and another tooth bud directly to the left of it. I had seen the buds, but really noticed it was coming out when he bit me! Ouch! So excited though!
  • When L woke up this morning her lovey (her bunny that she sleeps with) had blood on it. Pretty sure it was just from her gums since she's teething and she bites/sucks on it but oh man did it give me a scare! 
  • Babes got 1 tooth at 4.5 months and we didn't even know it til he bit dad's hand. The next one came a month later and my friend actually pointed it out. I feel like the top teeth may not come in so easily though!
  • DS had two teeth come through yesterday! I didn't have a clue until he bit me when I was wiping off his gums/tongue. I guess it's toothbrush time. 
  • linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited October 2016
    DS has two front teeth that have officially broken through the gum yesterday. They look so cute. I've taken a million pictures of them.  :D

ETA: not front teeth, the bottom two. Sorry.