Pregnant after 35

GTKY

hey there,

seems like this board is pretty dead. I thought maybe we could do a GTKY since it looks like there might be some new people joining.. hopefully we can liven it up a bit!

here are some basic questions we could answer

Your age:

where are you from?

do you have any other children?

is there a reason behind your username?

have you done anything fun this summer or have plans to?

Me: 37
DH: 36
Married: 08-25-07
DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

Re: GTKY

• I'm 37

Ontario, Canada

I have one DS who is almost 7

well, I've tried to change it but it never seems to work. but it's just Liss was taken all put together in one word. creative, I know ;) lol

nothing huge planned for summer. just being a workin chump lol. we did go away for a few days to a cabin and that was awesome. and next week I'm going to a music festival with a friend for a couple days but we're staying in a hotel and "glamping" it haha my type of camping!

• I am 38

I am in Florida

I have an 11 year old DD and 6 year old DS (and found out this week that I am having twins so my kids are about to double!)

I like butterflies and am due in 2017

Spent time with my kids this summer..but sadly summer is over..I am a teacher and already started back to school trainings today :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • I m glad you guys are here! There was a big group but they all were pretty far along so I think they moved on.

Your age: 41

where are you from? I live in LA but my partner and my family are from Toronto

do you have any other children? Nope! Well my partner, he has a 3 yr old who is awesome 

is there a reason behind your username? I love cornchips

• I'm 39. 

Live in California.

my husband and I have a cool 3 year old son.

nizzle is one of my nicknames.
  • LynnNJLynnNJ member
    I'm 42 and from NJ. This will be our first child. I'm using my middle name as my username.  

I'm working part time this summer and doing  all that I can to get ready for the baby while I have  time. 
  • glad to meet you all! How far along are each of you?

• 11weeks 4 days!
  • I'm 7 weeks today

• Liss how are you feeling? Do you have a lot of symptoms?  This is my first and my symptoms have been mild.  I've been reading about others who have really had it rough.  
  • Hello!  My name's Melissa, I'm 38, (39 when #2 will be born), DD is 2 y/o, screen name.. It's my nickname since Melissa means honeybee.  We had plans to go to Aulani, but when we found out I'm pregnant, we canceled our vacay.

DH: 39 Me: 38
    DD 6.14.14

Pregnancy Ticker
  • i have been exhausted. i'm tired all the time and my chest has gone up a size already. i have to constantly eat because i feel sick if i have an empty stomach. but we found out this morning we're having twins!

• artemis618artemis618 member
    edited August 2016

Hi ladies!  I just got here - really hoping I get to stay!  I'm only 4 weeks, 5 days - first pregnancy.

Your age:  38 (39 in two months)

where are you from?  Central CA originally, but have lived in SoCal the last 21 years (Santa Monica for the last 13 or so).

do you have any other children?  Nope, first for both DH and me

is there a reason behind your username? Artemis is a goddess of childbirth (and she also had a twin brother and was an ally of the Trojans) - just got married 6/18 of this year (6/18 is also the date of the first time I soloed an airplane 3 years ago).

have you done anything fun this summer or have plans to?  Well, our wedding was pretty fun :). Our honeymoon was super fun (Australia - Melbourne, Cairns to get some last dives in, and Sydney).  We're also shopping for a house, which isn't exactly fun, but kind of exciting.

About me:
    Married 6/18/16 (Me 42, DH 44), TTC #2
    ***TW***
    Natural BFP 8/10/16 --> mc our NIPT-normal little girl at 11w5d on 10/1/16 :(
    As of 12/2016:  AMH 1.42, FSH 6.1, AFC ~10
    Self-benched Nov-Dec 2016 for
    IVF #1 Jan-Feb 2017 (OCP, testosterone primed antagonist w/HGH - ER 2/2/17 - 12R, 7M ICSI'd, 3F, 0B)
    IVF #2 Mar-Apr 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 4/8/17 - 10R, 8M, 8F, 5B, 1 PGS normal)
    IVF #3 May-Jun 2017 (testosterone primed agonist/luteal lupron w/HGH - ER 6/4/17 - 14R, 5F, 3B, 0 normal)
    **New RE**
    IVF #4 Sept 2017 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 9/28/17 - 33R, 18F, 10B, 4 PGS normals!)
    FET #1 (medicated) of one PGS normal 4AA XX 11/2/17 - Beta #1 11/11/17 (153), Beta #2 11/13/17 (324), mc at 5w1d on 11/19/17 :(
    IVF #5 Dec 2017 - Insemination of 9 frozen eggs from 2012 (8F, 1B, 0 normal)
    Jan 2018 - Natural cycle ERA (normal/receptive) & stimming for
    IVF #6 Jan-Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/3/18 - 17R, 6M, 4F, 0 blasts)
    IVF #7 Feb 2018 (natural start microdose lupron flare w/HGH - ER 2/26/18 - 19R, 9M, 9F, 4B, 2 PGS normals)
    FET #2 Apr 2018 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 4AA- XX 4/5/18 - Beta #1 4/14/18 (67), Beta #2 4/16/18 (231)
    Rainbow baby girl born 12/16/2018 (via c-section, induced at 39 weeks)

-----
    TFAS!
    FET #3 Dec 2019 (natural cycle w/o trigger, w/P4 support) of one PGS normal 3BB XY 12/16/19 - Beta #1 12/24/19 (139), Beta #2 12/27/19 (482)

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Welcome!!

• Welcome and congrats Artemis!!!

@Liss_37 omg twins!! How exciting and intimidating.  When do you find out genders?
  • hisqueen78hisqueen78 member
    edited August 2016

Your age: 38

where are you from? VA live in MD now

do you have any other children? 2:14,8 ..boy and girl

is there a reason behind your username? No I've only been on here a few times and so I haven't changed it yet

have you done anything fun this summer or have plans to? My summer was spent at the pool. My kids swim competively so that's all they wanted to do all summer. 

I'm due in March

• @cornchipLA not for a while yet but we will definitely be finding out!

• I'm 16 weeks and 3 days.  I guess I last wrote 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I'm basically feeling good. 
  • Lu19Lu19 member

Hi ladies :)

So excited to join the board! Just found out less than a week ago, so guessing I'm close to 5 weeks. I have few symptoms, which is making me really nervous (TW: also have history of loss), but also know it's still pretty early. 

I'm 37 (38 in a couple months), I have a toddler DS, and DH is 43. 

Before this I was on TTC after 35 and those women are so welcoming, supportive and awesome.. can't tell you how appreciative I am of that board, esp on those days I felt so defeated.   

Hey @artemis618! So excited to see you over here - official CONGRATS!!! to you :)

Congrats also @liss_37!  How exciting to find out you have twins!!

• Yah!! good to see you moving over @Lu19! congrats on your BFP!!

I had very few symptoms until weeks 6-7 so try not to worry too much!

• Yay @Liss_37, @Lu19, @artemis618! Recognize you all from TTC after 35. Congrats! Glad y'all are here too!

Your age: 38 (39 next month)

where are you from? Georgia

do you have any other children? Yes. DD- 8 and DD- 7

is there a reason behind your username? Old name from The Knot when I was getting married.

have you done anything fun this summer or have plans to? We did several days at the beach and a few day trips.

Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• yay welcome @KT&John!

• So glad to see more people here!
  • Your age: I'm 39 will be 40 when LO gets here

where are you from? Nashville, TN

do you have any other children? I have 2, and DH has 2....oh and 2 grandkids

is there a reason behind your username?nope, just our names mashed up

have you done anything fun this summer or have plans to? We went to Isla Mujeres, MX for our anniversary trip. Think this LO is the product of said trip. 

• Hi all!  Congrats to everyone expecting their bundle!  I'm 37, soon to be 38 later this month.  I live in Miami and I have 2 boys (10 and 20mos). I'm currently 10 wks and this will be my last pregnancy to complete our family of 5 that I always dreamed of.  I hope everyone has a happy healthy and nausea free pregnancy!