February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

167891012»

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• @Gretchypoo I'm the opposite, nothing on our registry yet but I've finally picked out our stroller and car seat. Haha. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @floatingelephy I did babyli.st so everything is one place. I went to stores to see what I liked and took advice on brands from here and reviews.

I mostly knew what I wanted and I was able to just add stuff to babyli.st using their app and a button on my browser. You can also register in store and add the whole registry to babyli.st. That is a good option if you want to get the benefits of registering in store :-)

I also went simple: eat, sleep, poop and play necessities.
  • Loading the player...
  • @marriedhamstermom how did you pick?!?!?! I'm so overwhelmed!
  • lfrank12lfrank12 member
    edited October 2016
    @Gretchypoo I started with the car seat and looked up reviews and recommendations online based on the safety ratings, comfort, etc. After that, I looked at what strollers coordinated with the car seat. There were only a few options there so I read reviews again and looked at each of their features. That made it pretty easy for me at least! We ended up going with the Chicco Keyfit 30 car seat that goes with the Chicco Bravo stroller. Good luck!!
  • ^we chose the same car seat and same stroller. 
    Except we went with the keyfit 30 zip (we liked that the little boot cover could be removed and washed) and went with the bravo LE stroller (it has a bigger canopy)
  • @gretchypoo I'm putting stuff on babylist too but I hadn't looked into it extensively yet. When I add something to my registry is it just a direct link to the item and then the person orders it from the particular website I.e. Target, bumgenius?
  • We're going with the keyfit 30 too. I loved it for DD, and even though hers is expired now I still have the Snap N Go so at least I can use that with it!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • homemake said:
    @gretchypoo I'm putting stuff on babylist too but I hadn't looked into it extensively yet. When I add something to my registry is it just a direct link to the item and then the person orders it from the particular website I.e. Target, bumgenius?
    Yes, or they can mark they've bought it on your online registry if they buy it in the store. The downside is you can't go into a store and ask for the registry if you've done everything online.
  • MommaBean said:
    No it certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but the thing is we don't visit each other and her message was literally "I'm just trying to find a way around paying for shipping." Lol the last time I saw her was the first time I met her almost a year and a half ago for her wedding. She doesn't make any effort to visit us or talk to us. She's DH's half sister so they didn't really grow up together so we don't really know her like that lol.

I don't think she realized us paying the gas to drive down there, food, a hotel, and back would be much more expensive than her paying shipping.  

Yeah I think that's pretty freakin rude.  Especially since the "gift" is hand-me-downs.  She doesn't want to pay 7 or 8 bucks to send you some of her old shit?  I would say thanks, but no thanks.
    I'm picturing, "you don't happen to be planning a trip to see us by any chance, do you? No? Ah, well." which I don't think is rude. A funny story, but not something to get bent out of shape about (which I didn't think you were, @livinglavidaginger). I would also imagine that shipping is easily $50+ if we're talking any kind of sizable box. 
    @MommaBean right, but that's not what she said happened!  She said that the girl literally told her, "I'm just trying to find away around paying for shipping."  That's messed up.

Also, first class mail is cheap.
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    @NiceyMeany how do you make a link, but have it say what you want. For example the above link just says "cheap" and is not the long http ..... whatever else it would have.

I'm not exactly all that great with computers or basic modern technology lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger haha just type the word you want, highlight it, and then click the link button on the text editor menu (it looks like a little chain link - right next to the smiley face).  Then paste your link into the box that appears and click "ok."
  • First class mail is cheap, but only goes up to one pound. Shipping can definitely get expensive with heavier items, but It's still ridiculous for her to expect you to drive that far and pay for a hotel just so she can avoid shipping costs. I agree with one of the PP's I'd just say no worries, I'll find my own stuff. You can totally get stuff at yard sales or on FB buy/sell/trade groups for cheap if you don't want to buy new.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo for the stroller I had it narrowed down to 2, the Baby Jogger City Mini and the BOB Revolution Flex. My SIL has the BOB since she had a baby last September and she loves it and let us try it out. We were sold. Then I read that BOB had bought Britax so we are going with the Britax B-Safe 35 car seat. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @yogadevil  OMG no way!! Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @yogadevil Love the quote! I'll have to remember that!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Husband hasn't seen the movie World War Z, yet.  So I went to the library and checked it out for him cuz it's such a great movie.  
    What the freak was I thinking?! 
    Now I'm sitting here in the dark, bumping, because my God, I can not look at these creatures while pregnant! What is it about pregnancy that makes you so weak? 

• @AfKash girl same here. I'm so squeamish now I gag at the bloody scenes of Grey's anatomy. Which makes me sad because it's my absolute favorite. :(
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • AfKash said:
    Husband hasn't seen the movie World War Z, yet.  So I went to the library and checked it out for him cuz it's such a great movie.  
    What the freak was I thinking?! 
    Now I'm sitting here in the dark, bumping, because my God, I can not look at these creatures while pregnant! What is it about pregnancy that makes you so weak? 
    I'm so glad you said this! When I realized I could go to the library and check out just about any movie I could think of, I never went back to a video store. I used to get all weird on people when they said they "rented" a movie, I'd get distracted and be like "why didn't you go to the library!!!" And then they would just stare at me like I was a science experiment lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 totally! We don't even have many video stores here anymore.  We have Redbox everywhere.  But still, I luckily live in an area where we have a beautiful large library with a great collection.  So yes, the common sense thing to do is to check out stuff! But I guess people still like paying for things they could get for free.  

• My library charges $1 for movie rentals. Good price I guess, but free would be better!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My library charges $1 for movie rentals. Good price I guess, but free would be better!
    That's nuts! I've never been to a library that charges for anything besides late fees, and print outs. Oh and I sent you a pm.
    Pregnancy Ticker