February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

124»

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

• edited October 2016
    [Dirty Delete cause I thought I was on randoms lol]
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I thought someone mentioned their nips hurting especially when they got hard, but I can't find it now.... but I was going to say that all day yesterday and now today, my left nip has been driving me crazy. All day, hard or not. And if I tough it, it feels sore, like I just finished pumping. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @Afkash I'm sorry to hear it will get worse, but I'm SO happy it wasn't anything bad! I've found that eating fruit (for me, especially pineapple!) and drinking a decent amount of cold water in a shorter amount of time also gets baby moving a lot if the heat becomes too much (this is me reporting from Virginia where it is currently still 80+ degrees weather and praying for a fall chill haha)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good to know about the scar tissue! I've had 2 c-sections and sometimes it feels like I could die trying to roll over or when I get out of bed!
  • I'm also full of scar tissue and it blows. 
  • OMGGGGGGGG Sciatica pain.... I think?!?! Whatever this is, I almost started sobbing my eyes out at one point tonight. It basically is rooted in my tailbone and shoots into my left butt cheek when any pressure is placed on the left side of my body and is just horrifying and paralyzing!!! Anyone have this? Any help or suggestions?!? I'm getting a prenatal massage on Wednesday and I'm praying he can do some magic! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 yes yes and yes. DH is actually rubbing my ass nerve right now in an attempt to provide some relief. I had him find some videos on massage for sciatica on youtube and that helps a lot. Also, don't bend at the waist. Like ever. Bend at the knees because if you absentmindedly bend at the waist to pick something up like me, you'll get stuck where the nerve is pinched and it'll hurt like a bitch to stand up. My OB told me to consult a chiropractor or acupuncturist and I'm seriously considering it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 do you have a foam roller at home? I've never had sciatica but I think if you roll your butt out, it should help release the nerve. This helped me in 1st trimester when I had pain in my tailbone. 

• @Livinglavidaginger, I was babysitting and the little 5 month old was screaming. I sat down on the floor with him.... bad idea! It took me a good 10 minutes to figure out how to try to get up before DH finally just picked me up like I was a two year old throwing a tantrum! I've been having him rub my ass all night too! I've never been to a chiropractor or acupuncturist before, so I'm nervous to start with one during pregnancy! Have you been before?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 I have not yet been! I don't think I'll go to a chiro, but I'll probably go get a prenatal massage and just have my lady focus on that area. It's amazing how the seemingly tiniest things will cause it and send that horrible shooting pain all over your butt cheek and down your entire leg. OB said it'll go away after the baby is born so there's a light at the end of the tunnel! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @teachermom2517 @LivingLaVidaGinger This is me as well exactly. I can't sit on the floor with my kid unless I want to be stuck. It's awful! It got worse when I had been attempting to exercise by taking long walks so I've stopped but now I feel like a potato. 
  • @PerraSucia What was the outcome of your appt Friday? Everything go okay? 
  • Glad to hear...Hope that's it as well, even if 20 weeks of being swollen sounds miserable, it's better than the alternatives!
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger and @homemake, I pulled out some of my old Thermacare heat wraps from period cramps and stuck one to the back of my undies where the pain is from my tailbone down the left buttcheek... I won't say there is relief, but the pain is a little less piercing and there are only like 5-10 trigger spots instead of a good 5,000! It definitely helped the overall pain for today!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AfKash I'm glad you were able to get answers! It sucks that it'll only get worse, but at least you know what's going on now and don't have to worry about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited October 2016
    +1 to weepy. I cried because my dog was so cute.

I also cried because my baby brother left for the Navy today which is a totally justifiable reason to cry so that doesn't count!

ETA: This was supposed to go on the 10/3 symptoms thread but idc enough to change it so..
    BabyFruit Ticker