February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (9/26)

Re: Weekly Randoms (9/26)

• Well, last night when I went to bed, it was 80°F. When I woke up this morning it was 40°F... I don't know what happened...

Also team no tats. I've always been such a weenie about it and I don't like anything enough to commit it to my body forever and ever.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've always wanted a tattoo... I'm really glad I didn't get when I was 18 though, because I'd surely have some lame stars on the top of my foot. H hates tattoos so I've just gotten quite a few piercings over the years - kind of the same satisfaction lol. BUT a couple of years ago I made a plan for a tattoo for my son on my ribcage and decided to get it regardless of H's preferences. I wanted to lose some weight first, though. And now I'll need to rework it to incorporate #2 ;) 
  • I also have 3 tattoos. I used to have a lot of piercings in my ears and face and belly button but took most of them out years ago. 
  • @Janefelicity you should totally get one! once you do though you'll want more!

I have 4 tattoos. My first is a tree on my ribcage, the second is my hamsters paw prints on my foot (I have kept adding on so I'm up to 8 paws from 4 Hammies), the third is the one ring inscription around my thigh, and fourth is a dragon on my other thigh. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @fourPsinapod I don't picture you with tattoos either! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @scifichick09 love your tats! I'm a huge star wars fan too :-)

I have 2 other tats-- one on my lady parts that I got when I was 18 and a sparrow on my back. I want others but want to finish my back piece 1st. Hubs has 2 tats- a banner on his chest with that saying "never let the bastards get you down" in Latin and buzz lightyear on his leg. He wants more, but man they are expensive!
  • kswiger06 said:
    @fourPsinapod I don't picture you with tattoos either! 
    I'm a sneaky rebel. Most are hidden ;)
  • No tats here!
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have 4 tattoos. I have one on my toe that hurt just as much as the big one on my side. I have a few more in mind that I want to get after this baby comes out. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You deserve a massage @lfrank12!

• I'm on @lfrank12 team of wtf did we do?!? Walked a 4 mile parade route this morning, and now I'm at work 2 hours into my 8 hour shift on my feet all day  :s
  • At said wedding and I literally know no one.. camping out in the bathroom until the bridal party comes to the reception and I find out where the hell I'm supposed to sit .. feeling incredibly awkward 
  • Today is my half way point. I feel like this pregnancy is kind of flying by. We had a bday party for both kids yesterday(both oct bdays) and I'm still feeling pooped from it. This definitely is going to be a recovery day- for my house and my body. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @lct2008, I feel like that too that this pregnancy is flying by so quickly. It's the same exact thing for my kids (one late sept, one near Halloween) so I always combine their parties too. Our is next weekend so I feel your pain lol wish me luck. 
  • @Jab3 good luck! It really was easier to just have one party though instead of two one or two weekends apart. I have an oct 1st and oct 28th. Last year I did more in between the two, but this year the 1st just worked out best. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My SIL just texted me and asked me if I were planning a 12 hour trip to Florida to see them before our baby is born. I said no, why? She just didn't want to pay for shipping on a baby gift...
    Dafuq?? Most registries have a policy that $__ comes with free shipping. BRU is only $19. 

• AfKash said:
    My SIL just texted me and asked me if I were planning a 12 hour trip to Florida to see them before our baby is born. I said no, why? She just didn't want to pay for shipping on a baby gift...
    Dafuq?? Most registries have a policy that $__ comes with free shipping. BRU is only $19. 
    Oh no. She had a baby in January. She wants to send me her hand-me-downs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My SIL just texted me and asked me if I were planning a 12 hour trip to Florida to see them before our baby is born. I said no, why? She just didn't want to pay for shipping on a baby gift...
    Lol! Doesn't hurt to ask ;)
  • varimamavarimama member
    edited October 2016
    MommaBean said:
    My SIL just texted me and asked me if I were planning a 12 hour trip to Florida to see them before our baby is born. I said no, why? She just didn't want to pay for shipping on a baby gift...
    Lol! Doesn't hurt to ask ;)
    Yea I don't think it hurts to ask though I guess it depends on the context of how she asked. I live 8 hrs from my side of the family and we'll often try to line up presents with when I'll be back in town to avoid shipping. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• I guess it doesn't hurt to ask but I think it's kind of weird and the way you said it in your post, made it sound like she was being ridiculous.  

• edited October 2016
    No it certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but the thing is we don't visit each other and her message was literally "I'm just trying to find a way around paying for shipping." Lol the last time I saw her was the first time I met her almost a year and a half ago for her wedding. She doesn't make any effort to visit us or talk to us. She's DH's half sister so they didn't really grow up together so we don't really know her like that lol.

I don't think she realized us paying the gas to drive down there, food, a hotel, and back would be much more expensive than her paying shipping.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger i would agree, given that they are hand me downs much as theyd be appreciated why should it cost you money! The money you would spend on the trip you could buy new stuff instead! 
  • Late to the party as usual, but I'm team all the tattoos. I would be covered by now but they are ridiculously expensive. I'm almost done with full sleeves.
  • No it certainly doesn't hurt to ask, but the thing is we don't visit each other and her message was literally "I'm just trying to find a way around paying for shipping." Lol the last time I saw her was the first time I met her almost a year and a half ago for her wedding. She doesn't make any effort to visit us or talk to us. She's DH's half sister so they didn't really grow up together so we don't really know her like that lol.

I don't think she realized us paying the gas to drive down there, food, a hotel, and back would be much more expensive than her paying shipping.  

Yeah I think that's pretty freakin rude.  Especially since the "gift" is hand-me-downs.  She doesn't want to pay 7 or 8 bucks to send you some of her old shit?  I would say thanks, but no thanks.
    I'm picturing, "you don't happen to be planning a trip to see us by any chance, do you? No? Ah, well." which I don't think is rude. A funny story, but not something to get bent out of shape about (which I didn't think you were, @livinglavidaginger). I would also imagine that shipping is easily $50+ if we're talking any kind of sizable box. 
  • Late to the party as usual, but I'm team all the tattoos. I would be covered by now but they are ridiculously expensive. I'm almost done with full sleeves.
    I knew you had to have lots! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kswiger06 said:
    Late to the party as usual, but I'm team all the tattoos. I would be covered by now but they are ridiculously expensive. I'm almost done with full sleeves.
    I knew you had to have lots! :)
    Haha it's the avatar ;)
  • @Gretchypoo that's great! I just started mine this week so I am no where near close. It is all so overwhelming. So many choices!
  • @Gretchypoo
    That's impressive! I haven't even started. Did you do it all in one go? Online or in person? Did you go from a list? Give me your secrets.