February 2017 Moms

FFFC!! 9/30

2»

Re: FFFC!! 9/30

• AfKash said:
    AfKash said:
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm pro LGBT, pro choice and I try to be racially and culturally thoughtful. 
    I sometimes feel like my generation is just offended by fucking everything. 
    Spicy, is this your FFFC or are you responding to something? 
    I feel like I missed a post somewhere.  
    Not something here. 
    Ah! Yes, I know what you're talking about now.  
    Um, how if it's not something here? 
    Isn't it the girl convo going on in that other thread? The one about how people will be handling daughter and sexuality and going on dates? I just assumed ....and I really shouldn't.  

• I keep trying to convince DH to pull down all the christmas stuff, so i can start figuring out what (if anything) I want to add to the decor this year. I will have the house and tree decorated and ready to go the week before thanksgiving and turn everything on Thanksgiving eve :) 
    he isn't going for any of my excuses to bring the boxes down :( 

• Loading the player...
  • @Munchie2.0 We're going to do the same thing, except our roles are reversed, DH is ITCHING to get the Christmas stuff out, but I told him he had to wait until November.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • AfKash said:
    AfKash said:
    AfKash said:
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm pro LGBT, pro choice and I try to be racially and culturally thoughtful. 
    I sometimes feel like my generation is just offended by fucking everything. 
    Spicy, is this your FFFC or are you responding to something? 
    I feel like I missed a post somewhere.  
    Not something here. 
    Ah! Yes, I know what you're talking about now.  
    Um, how if it's not something here? 
    Isn't it the girl convo going on in that other thread? The one about how people will be handling daughter and sexuality and going on dates? I just assumed ....and I really shouldn't.  
    No, I meant not on TB.
  • krobkrob member
    edited September 2016
    @Spicyweiner i hear ya. i think it's a function of being in a more diverse/global society combined with social media allowing everyone's passing thoughts to be broadcast to the world. 

a lot of times I don't understand the offenses either. you likely did the right thing by venting about it here. kudos to you for not responding. 

as someone who unfortunately is often the brunt of the offense there is nothing worse than being told that thing isn't offensive. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • krob said:
    @Spicyweiner i hear ya. i think it's a function of being in a more diverse/global society combined with social media allowing everyone's passing thoughts to be broadcast to the world. 

a lot of times I don't understand the offenses either. you likely did the right thing by venting about it here. kudos to you for not responding. 

as someone who unfortunately is often the brunt of the offense there is nothing worse than being told that thing isn't offensive. 
    Yeah, I wouldn't tell somebody that their offense is ridiculous, because that's not my place. 
    I just read the status, or stupid mommy blog and roll my eyes privately. 
  • @AfKash Yes, delegating! I like thinking of it that way.

I feel torn about the way everything we say has the potential to be super offensive. I'm also pro-LGBT, pro-choice, and all that, and there's a part of me that loves this transparent world we live in. I don't want to hurt people, ever, if I can help it. So I like being given the information I need to avoid inadvertently hurting somebody. I like that the previously voiceless now have a voice. But there are some hurts and offenses it's hard for me to put much stock in (you can be sensitive without being so bloody delicate) and I do my fair share of eye rolling. 
  • @yogadevil man, that's a bummer. I do like gas since you can have a fire quickly. Fingers crossed for an inexpensive fix. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My FFFC: I hate computers. 30 of them on my bench right now, I'm the only one here, and I give zero fucks at the moment. My back hurts so bad, and braxton hicks are super intense because I can't step away to drink water. Literally just ran to the bathroom for a 2 minute meltdown. Lols.
  • I think the whole clown situation is getting out of hand. The local high schools went into lockdown because there was a threat a clown was going to terrorize one of the high schools in the district. 
    It's ridiculous. My son's elementary school phones were ringing off the hook, I felt so bad for the ladies in the office. 
    There are so much bigger issues going on right now, that people who are stupid enough to dress up as clowns and terrorize kids is asking to be shot on sight. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think the whole clown situation is getting out of hand. The local high schools went into lockdown because there was a threat a clown was going to terrorize one of the high schools in the district. 
    It's ridiculous. My son's elementary school phones were ringing off the hook, I felt so bad for the ladies in the office. 
    There are so much bigger issues going on right now, that people who are stupid enough to dress up as clowns and terrorize kids is asking to be shot on sight. 
    This is just a hoax! it's all fake! omg ffs
  • I agree that our generation does get offended by everything. Knots had to close down an interactive maze because of a complaint that it was insensitive to mental health. They have always had asylums and never a problem but because one person was going to the media it got shut down. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I agree that our generation does get offended by everything. Knots had to close down an interactive maze because of a complaint that it was insensitive to mental health. They have always had asylums and never a problem but because one person was going to the media it got shut down. 
    Oh ya, I heard about that!

• My confession is: last night I stayed up til 2am reading labor/PP stories off the December 2016 BMB.

I'm really scared, guys. I feel very ill-prepared, I don't have a birth plan and I'm questioning my tolerance for pain.
    Don't feel ill-prepared. For DD, I had no birth plan just a loose idea of what I wanted out of birth. Good thing I didn't have my heart set on anything, because it went to shit at 37w. I had pre-e, had to get induced, put on mag for seizures, got the epidural, and was about 6 hours away from an emergency c-section, just to have DD's heart rate drop while pushing.

I'm not scare you or anything, because obv DD was fine, I was fine, and it worked out. You can plan as much as you want, but don't feel like you have to. Odds are, your plans will go right out the window and you might be disappointed with how things go if you have set expectations. Goals are always good, but sometimes our babies and bodies just have different ideas!
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
    This is just a hoax! it's all fake! omg ffs
    My husband was just telling me about the whole clown thing. What about it is the hoax? Did it start as a hoax? I don't know anything besides what my husband has filled me in. He said in an area we grew up around, trouble makers are dressing up and threatening people there too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I won't argue about people actually dressing up as clowns and chasing people, because I don't know for sure that it is true. But the threats are unreal. This is the latest arrest semi near me, but it's not the only one. I think it's ridiculous that people are even threatening it and keeping people on edge. 
    https://www.wrcbtv.com/story/33139028/update-local-law-enforcement-release-statements-regarding-clown-sightings

• Is that a serious thing, that they are shutting down schools in your areas for clown threats? Because in my city, the nice area of town with the good school district has been shut down 5 times this year alone for bomb threats. So I thought the first time I read your posts that was a typo.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited October 2016
    This is in my state, but not my local area. 

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/ohio-district-closes-schools-reported-clown-attack-42476111

Idk, according to Google, it seems like it started off as no big major thing, but now idiots across several states are starting to actually make false threats, and it looks like maybe someone in Pennsylvania was actually stabbed by a "clown"  I don't really know though, it's not going on in my close area.

@WinchesterGirl  that sounds scary to have the school shut down for so many bomb threats!! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I know that the clown stuff started because of Stephen Kings remake of the movie "It."
    We have the creepy ass clowns here in Chicago, too. 
    I have no idea why my sisters let me watch that movie when I was so little.  I am terrified of clowns because of that movie. And if any of these creeps shows up where I'm at, I WILL beat the crap out of them as much as I can.  No regrets.  Their fault for creeping around trying to scare innocent people.  

• @Spicyweiner Have you watched Patton Oswald's latest stand-up? he has a bit in it about people taking offence that is really good. He talks about how Ru Paul, fucking Ru Paul, was taken to task by the Tumblr-verse for using a word they deemed offensive when talking about trans issues. I believe he described it as pissing all over the person who had laid down on barbed wire to make the way easier for the next generation.

It was gold. 
  • The conversation around taking offense reminds me of an article I recently read on The Atlantic titled "The Coddling of the American Mind" (https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/09/the-coddling-of-the-american-mind/399356/). The article looks at microaggressions and trigger warnings in academia. For the record, if anyone chooses to read the article, I do see a difference in offering a trigger warning before a post on the Bump and trigger warnings in academic classes, course listings, syllabi, etc. 
  • @poetryandoceans Patton Oswalt is amazing and that stand up is great. I cried so hard when his wife died.
  • @Patience7150 I don't think it was a joke. I've heard so many women say they were "ready" because of whatever reason. I personally have never felt that way. But i also didnt really have fears. Honestly the main fear I have about labor and delivery is the contractions, because I know what's coming, and it sucks lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Late to the game here, but I read something (may have been a joke?) that late pregnancy is SO miserable that your desire to no longer be pregnant overcomes the fears of child birth.
    For me, it definitely did. I had such bad heartburn, that I would wake up in the middle of the night throwing up in my sleep. It was horrible. I would give birth 5x over vs having to be pregnant for 9mo. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way..
    BFP #1: DD born on 08.25.12 BFP #2: 09/08/15 miscarried at 6w BFP #3: DD2 born on 02.07.17
  • @Aussie45 ew! That sounds horrible! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Is it weird that I'm not thinking or worried about labor pains? I have no idea why.  Maybe it will sink in later for me, like month 8? 

• kswiger06 said:
    @Aussie45 ew! That sounds horrible! 
    It wasn't very pleasant :( Although, I did use gaviscon a lot and that seemed to help quite a bit. I'm sincerely hoping that this pregnancy there is no over the top heartburn. We'll see!
  • MommaBean said:
    AfKash said:
    Is it weird that I'm not thinking or worried about labor pains? I have no idea why.  Maybe it will sink in later for me, like month 8? 
    Not weird. Don't bother worrying yet. Or at all, actually, bc what good will that do you?
    I agree, it's not worth worrying over.  It's better, in my mind, to just accept that it sucks.  Honestly, I think the fear and build up is worse than the actual event itself.  

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker