December 2016 Moms
Options

Three Things Thursday

Name three things you're thankful for.

Challenge - for some variety, leave out family or cooler temps or babies to be.
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Three Things Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. My DD just killed her standardized math test- and math is a particularly hard subject for her- like REALLY hard.  She struggles so badly in math that the teacher emailed me just to tell me her grade on this test.  I'm so incredibly proud of her. She's worked so hard on math this year!!!  when I found out- I cried.

2. My DH comes home tomorrow from a work trip- cue the happy dance.

3. Today is my "Friday" and I'm off tomorrow while the kids are in school- so I'm getting a manicure and working on the baby's room!!

• Options
    @LinziLoo09 If there was a way to love your post more than once, I would have done it. 

1. My Bible study is meeting at Which Wich tonight! I love sub sandwiches with an unhealthy passion, and I have been cutting back since the BFP. But Which Wich's website says it will toast your sandwich! Score! 
    2. DH and I are on a tight budget these days. Usually, the last days of the month involve a lot of turning down dinner invitations and digging through the back of the pantry. But this month we did so well! Two days to go, plenty of food in the fridge, and nearly 20 dollars to spare! YES!
    3. The new maternity sweater that I paired with one of my favorite necklaces today. This top makes me feel pretty and womanly, unlike the top I wore two days ago, which made me feel like Mother Ginger from The Nutcracker.
  • Options
    @LinziLoo09 that gif just made my day!!  :D

1. I'm super grateful that my boss is on vacation because I am doing absolutely NOTHING this week. The last few weeks I've been working non stop and the next two weeks I'll be working like crazy so it's nice to just sit around and twiddle my thumbs for a week.
    2. I'm grateful that we can finally decorate for fall!!! 
    3. I'm grateful for my DVR player who has been working overtime since my DH watches football and is cutting into my tv time. 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    Take that, @slartybartfast !

I'm coming for ya! <angry cat sounds>
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    I'm grateful that:
    1. I got to go to DS's school today and see how the school uses guided reading to get kids reading. I learned how they teach it, got to observe his teacher in action (including DS participating), and get some face time with other parents/school administrators. 
    2. DH is a rockstar. Seriously. He is such a great stepdad, dad, and partner. I don't know how I managed without him before, he is my anchor for sure. 
    3. I am teleworking today and tomorrow, I just snuck out and got a gel mani (I get one every other week...but I've been struggling to squeeze one in this week and my shower is on Sunday), and I'm hanging on the couch catching up on my DVR'd shows while plugging through some end of month reports. I've been feeling really overwhelmed lately and I need this down time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @linziloo09 - that gif of you trying to provide me a birthing ball is sooooo sweet! I am so thankful! Oh darn, I guess that's a fourth thing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    1. My boss and supervisor will be out of the office all of next week.
    2. I kinda pooped? TMI. I'm just miserable in that department right now ugh.
    3. I've been sleeping all week, unlike the two previous weeks.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    1. Today is my Friday!
    2. There is a new Wegmans by my house and their bakery is amazing!  I think I'll stop there on the way home and get more cookies.
    3. I'm getting my hair cut today - the split ends are out of control.

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• Options
    1. I found the energy to make pretzel buns and chocolate cake this week and am feeling no guilt about eating them like I would pre-pregnancy. 
    2. My sewing machine, which has allowed me to craft stuff for the nursery instead of spending a fortune on custom items on etsy, because I am picky but also a cheapskate. 
    3. Compression socks & swimming pool at the gym, without which I would likely never see my ankles due to swelling. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    1. Work has been insane this week, but it's because we've won four new contracts. Go team!
    2. I'm taking a 4-day weekend and I plan to be as lazy as I wanna be.
    3. I had a really delicious donut after lunch.
  • Options
    1. Cooler weather. Our high today is inly 75, and tonights temps are mid 50's. A welcomed break from the 90's.

2. All the people who are coming to our shower Sunday. I'm always in awe of just how many people love and support us.

3. My caramel macchiato.
  • Options
    1. That my bridesmaid dress fits nearly perfectly! Wedding isn't until November 12, so here's to hoping my boobs grow a little so I can keep alterations down to a simple hemming. 
    2. I'm grateful that my H is adjusting well to his new job and is really pleased with the change of scenery.
    3. COFFEE. 
  • Options
    1. Finally getting my hair cut & colored tonight after many months of being overdue
    2. The cheap skinny maternity jeans I ordered online fit perfectly - bring on the boots (but of course, not he weather)
    3. I drank half of a beer last night and enjoyed every drop of it
    Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    1.  Work was super slow today so I got a bunch of random administrative stuff done in preparation for leave.
    2.  It's almost Friday and we have very few plans for this weekend which hopefully means sleep and relaxing.
    3.  DH is the best in so many ways.  I feel so lucky to be married to him.
  • Options
    1) the chocolate/peanut butter cookies that I made on Sunday

2) I had my best ever semi-annual review today. Polar opposite of what I was anticipating given how much work I had to miss the first half of pregnancy with my hyperemesis.

3) Tomorrow I'm taking a half day so we (SO, DSD, and in-laws) can drive up north to spend the weekend with my friends and family... and celebrate my baby shower! I have only seen my family 3 times in 2016.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    1. Tomorrow is my last day of massage until after Ana is born. I've been exhausted so the break will be nice.
    2. Having a remote control bed so I don't have to sit up on my own. Laziness at its finest.
    3. $5 Walmart leggings to get me thru the next few months. I tried on my pre/early pregnancy ones earlier this week and that was a definite no go.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    1.  Gymnastics, or more specifically watching DS1 (4) loving every second of his Gymnastics class.

2.  We're having a home renovation project completed to convert the screened porch, which we never used, into a legitimate sunroom/playroom.  We're on week 2 of 3, and the contractor is staying on schedule.

3.  Football season...both of the college teams I root for are doing well, though one has barely been able to eke it out.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    Oops. I just realized that apparently I didn't even bother to the read the challange part of the opening post. So, here's my new list.

1. I'll still say my caramel macchiato.

2. That school starts back Monday. I love my DD, but she has been out of school all week for Fall break. She is the kind of kid who needs structure or activities to keep her busy all the time. I can't handle entertaining her all day for much longer 

3. My Poppy got placed in a really nice nursing home that he loves. He was completely against the idea in the first place, but there is so much for him to do in this facility, that he has repeatedly said that he loves it there.

• Options
    @phoenix870509 my husband LOOOOVES Portillo's. You're lucky you had one open nearby. He'd totally franchise it himself if he could.

• Options
    1. I was in charge at work today and nothing went wrong. 

2. This weekend is October so I can decorate for Halloween. 

3. DH and I crossed a few items off of my "declutter" list and a few items off the "nesting" list. It feels good to throw away underwear that is 10 years old and had seen better days. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Options
    @cayaylonglegs remote control bed - jealous!!! 
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs. Omg, are you naming your daughter Ana??? How did I miss this? That's my eldest daughter's name. I'm gonna go cry, I don't know why. You'll be happy to know that she never runs into other Anas, it's not a common name. 

• Options
    @kattyc - I honestly don't know how I would get through this trimester without it! Pure magic!

@yellingbanana - Well technically we are naming her Anastasia, but FIL can't pronounce that and mostly everyone refers to her as Ana so I'm not going to fight it. It is a pretty name, does your DD like it?

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs yeah for real, I need a remote control bed! I have to like slowly roll up lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been sleeping on the couch for (among other reasons) ease up getting up and down. I WISH my bed was remote control!