June 2017 Moms

**Please Read FIRST*** Daily Threads/Board Organization

swanbroonerswanbrooner member
edited September 2016 in June 2017 Moms
***I have "borrowed" this thread from May 2017 just so we can get some daily threads happening and get us started. If there's any changes anyone would like to make let me know in the comments and we can discuss them.***

Some links that you may find helpful:

For those of you that are new to TB since you got your BFP, the threads below are standard threads to all boards. Anyone can start these threads, just please do not duplicate! Some work better if one person volunteers -- feel free to do so in the comments below! If you do accidentally start a duplicate thread, that's a great opportunity to start a GIF party!

*****The community of this board encourages giving support as well as receiving it and prefers threads that benefit the whole rather than the individual.  A wide range of topics are covered in our regular weekly threads, and we also have two catch-all threads for questions/comments/discussions/announcements: “Pregnancy Chatter” (pregnancy/childcare) and “Randoms & Spam” (non-pregnancy/childcare).  

If you have a specific question you’d like answered for yourself or announcement about your situation, please post it in one of the weekly topics or the chatter threads.  The exception to this is confirmed loss - please update us if you are comfortable doing so in either your own thread (for which you will receive response notifications) or in an existing relevant thread (which you will not unless the responder directly tags you).

If there is a discussion for the community that would be better served in its own thread, feel free to post it!  A good example of this may be a GTKY (Get To Know You) question or, as we near April, a thread about what people are planning for their hospital go-bags.

Daily Threads: (please add the date to the thread title)

• Ticker Changes (when your weekly progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Friday, that's the day I participate).

MONDAY
  • Monday Ticker Change 
  • Weekly Appointments 
  • Weekly Randoms/Spam 
  • Weekly Pregnancy Chatter & Questions 
  • Meal Plan Monday 
  • Monday Bitchfest 
TUESDAY
  • Tuesday Ticker Change 
  • Twatwaffle (TW) Tuesday 
  • First Time Mom Check-In 
  • GTKY 
  • High Risk Pregnancy Check-In
  • Moms of Multiples Check-In 
WEDNESDAY
  • Wednesday Ticker Change 
  • WTF Wednesday 
  • HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
  • PGAL Check-In 
  • Second Time Mom+ Check-In 
  • Symptoms Thread 
THURSDAY
  • Thursday Ticker Change 
  • Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday 
  • Exercise/Fitness Check-In 
  • TTGP Grad Check-In 
  • What My Pregnant Self is Eating 
  • Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 
FRIDAY
  • Friday Ticker Change
  • Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC) 
  • Why My SO is an A-hole
  • Why My SO is Awesome 
SATURDAY
  • Saturday Ticker Change 
SUNDAY
  • Sunday Ticker Change 
  • Stupid Question Sunday 

Monthly Siggy Challenge: Beginning in October 

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like sex announcements and birth announcements.

Re: **Please Read FIRST*** Daily Threads/Board Organization

• Thanks@swanbrooner!
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @swambrooner!  I am reading all things like an old head newbie shall ;) 

My two cents - I'm for organization but also hope no one becomes the board police and makes it dull.  Its nice we have tagging now so that makes threads easier to follow and join in on.  :relieved:  

And a question - Whats the feel here? Are we going to assign people or whoever starts the thread, starts it that day?  When I was briefly in the Oct16 BMB, they were "calling dibs" on starting... 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I'll second the "whoever starts it that day starts it" thread.  I know if I volunteer to intro a daily thread, I'll forget... a lot. HA!    

I don't think we necessarily need a weekly questions thread.  I feel like many would miss a bunch.  I know we are the early birds here, though!  Lots of input to come in the coming weeks

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• ^ agree with above in the whoever posts it, posts it. Maybe we can have a general questions thread pinned to the top of the page- so all questions are in the same spot and everyone can read through questions before posting- perhaps there won't be a ton of repeats and someone wanting to ask a certain question can have it answered without needing to post! 
  • I feel like the symptoms thread should maybe be at the beginning of the week and dated so people can use it all week.  Or maybe I'm thinking more of the pregnancy chatter thread. Im not as familiar with that but I like that idea. 
  • @JessyKV maybe we could make Pregnancy Chatter and Symptoms a combined weekly with a date like you suggested? I like the idea of it being a weekly as opposed to a daily. 
  • @momma2char - thats a good call on the pinned "ask here in case its been answered post" 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• @NamelessAria, I think that makes sense and would be useful as a rule of thumb. Would be useful if whoever starts the post titles it something clear like you said "Morning Sickness" or "First Dr Appt". Thanks for the idea! However, sometimes it gets confusing or someone just preggo brains it, so no hard feelings if occasionally it doesn't work out.  :)
  • When do the ticker changes start? Are we waiting for more ladies to join?

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Yailani23 said:
    When do the ticker changes start? Are we waiting for more ladies to join?
    Whenever someone starts them!
    TTC #1 since May 2014
    3 failed IUI cycles
    Oct '15 - IVF 1 - 10R, 3M, 0F
    Sept '16 - IVF - 12R, 11M, 5F and 3 perfect day 5 blasts - MMC 7w5d
    Jan '17 - FET 1 - BFP, EDD 10/14

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Bump!

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• @BumpAdmin @BumpCaitlin ; please pin!

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• @Yailani23 I was planning to start Ticker Change Friday this Friday. Last Friday almost no one had found their way to the board yet so it didn't make sense to have a ticker change thread for the 2-3 people that would have participated. Hopefully this Friday we'll have enough people for it to make sense.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @NamelessAria I wasn't going to do today's but figured I'd start for familiarity as well as funnel some random traffic that way. 

I was going to start the high risk thread but I figured majority don't know yet if they are. Or maybe they do (like me). I dunno. I didn't want to start that one quite yet because I figured I'd be talking to myself. 
  • That makes sense. I just wanted to be sure before starting anything. I know a lot of women are still joining. @NamelessAria thank you

DH: 35 | Me: 29
    BFP #1- 07.25.12, EDD: 03.24.13, DD born 03.26.13
    Surprised BFP #2- 02.25.15, EDD: 10/29/15 |*m/c 7w4d, D&C 04.02.2015 
    BFP #3- 01.21.16, EDD: 09.29.26 |*m/c-blighted ovum 2.19.16 8w1d, D&C 03.04.16 
    BFP #4- 05.24.16, EDD: 02.04.17 |*natural m/c-  07.08.16, 9w1d
    BFP #5- 09/25/16, EDD: 06.07.17 GROW
    , BABY, GROW! 

• Please @BumpAdmin pin this for us.

It would be sweet if this were more like The Knot and they allowed a Board Moderator from its members with SOME capabilities...like pinning and closing posts, etc.  I mean this is pretty ridic right now.

• @delujm0 once upon a time that was a thing around here. 

Buuuuuuump. And pin, @BumpAdmin, @BumpCaitlin
  • @MotherofDragons I do remember those days.  They were the good old days.  What I don't understand is why The Knot still does it and The Bump does not, given that they are owned by the same company.  WHY IS THIS A THING JUST PIN THE THREAD FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.
  • Thank you @BumpAdmin and @BumpCaitlin <3
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• AugustSkyeAugustSkye member
    edited October 2016
    Posted in the wrong place, moving to Intro board now! 
  • Hi! I'm new to this thread and I tried clicking on the links you posted and they don't work :(. I want to know what all the abbreviations mean!!
  • Never mind I figured it out  !
  • I've noticed that some of the other BMBs have a google doc spreadsheet for all the members organized by EDD. Is that something that we will do a little later once more people join?
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • @wifeinraleigh28 It looks like some
    of the other boards started their's right away. If anyone wants to volunteer to tackle the spreadsheet, we can start it whenever. 
  • I feel ancient since I've been around here off and on since 2010, but when did this type of posting start? It seems tedious to scroll through disorganized conversations on these huge weekly posts. I know there were always issues with repeat posts, but they usually worked themselves out in the first month or two. Genuinely curious, not trying to incite drama.
    I had the same question. I just posted in the wrong "weekly chatter" thread and really was fearful about having missed my same question on an earlier page and didn't want to make people grumpy. 
  • I feel ancient since I've been around here off and on since 2010, but when did this type of posting start? It seems tedious to scroll through disorganized conversations on these huge weekly posts. I know there were always issues with repeat posts, but they usually worked themselves out in the first month or two. Genuinely curious, not trying to incite drama.
    I think in the past two years? My first 2 pregnancies definitely not (2010/2012) saw a glimmer of it in my 2014 BMB. There was a mass exodus I think beginning of 2015 where most of the oldest regs left. That happened multiple times since I first joined in 2009 but that was the biggest one I saw. Coincided with the app/forums accessed through the app and TB admin cracking down on TOS. I think it was the new wave of regs that wanted a change in vibe and more structure. BMBs have always taken the boards more seriously than the open tri boards or the old parenting though.