April 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/28

late post! What are your symptoms this week? Those of you approaching the 2nd tri, have your symptoms decreased or gone away?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/28

• I honestly hope I don't jinx myself by saying this but the last two days I have felt really pretty great! The only "complaints" I have right now are peeing what feels like constantly in the middle of the night and being STARVING almost all day long. I could eat a big meal and feel stuffed and a hour later feel like I haven't eaten all day. Thankfully the nauseous when hungry feeling has stayed away though. My headaches have let up the last two days and I have actually had energy in the evenings after work to get a few things accomplished that have been on my to-do list for waaaay too long. Excited to hopefully be in the "honeymoon stage" of feeling great in the second tri!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had constant pain on the right side and sometimes the left basically from implantation onward. It seems to have faded now and is being replaced with shooting pains instead haha. But I'll take it. 

Nausea got better in weeks 8-9 and is now worse in 10-11. Still only able to eat certain things. Looking forward to wanting to eat healthier things again. 

Insomnia from constant peeing, late night nausea, and restless legs. 

I'm also with @mylittleirvz in that I'm starving all day long. Haha.
  • I'm still touch and go after drinking liquids, but I wanted to be a cheeseball and thank you all so much for being supportive. I've been pretty pissy the last few weeks from feeling so awful, but it's been nice to know I can go somewhere and get good advice (or at least sympathy). 

On a related note... Anyone on diclegis planning to ween? How are you going to go about it? 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Definitely feeling some second tri symptoms - round ligament pain (especially at night) and headaches especially. Nausea is better, but right now I'm fighting a cold so not so much. :(

@kcasset Not yet but I'm planning on it once I get over this cold.  Right now I take one mid-afternoon and one right before bed (two at bedtime made me feel like a zombie!).  I will probably cut out the nighttime dose first (nausea is worst in the evenings so I'd like it in my system by then), see how that goes, then try going off completely.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • My nausea is definitely better and I can eat a bigger variety. some days are still bad, but overall a definite improvement!

But I can't sleep very well. I wake up every night between 3.30 and 4.00 and am done for the night. So then I'm dead throughout the day.

The last few days I've been having more ligament stretching pain to the point where it stings when I walk. I also have more cramping and lower back pain lately which kinda freaks me out, but I've had so many ultrasounds lately and everything is fine!

• Things have been getting better over the last week or two.  I have more energy in general, but have found that it is impossible to nap after school anymore.  I used to have no problem with this.  I have definitely been going to bed early every night and that helps me keep energy throughout the day.

I've also been getting sore gums the last few days.  But I suppose if that is my worst symptom right now, I can deal with that.
  • I don't have a lot of chances to eat during the day with my schedule but now if I don't eat I feel super nauseous and like dry heave occasionally. Then when it comes time where I can finally eat, I don't want to anymore :/
    Daisypath - z1at
    Baby 1 - November 2009
    *loss* - March 2010
    Baby 2 - January 2011
    Baby 3 - June 2015
    Baby 4 - April 2017
    Baby 5 - May 2019

• @Tinkerbell413 try carrying a granola bar ( like a crunchy almond or other protein type) or a meal replacement shake. 

@wagnerw the sore gums are the worse. With DS I developed pregnancy related gingivitis and it was nearly unbearable. So far I'm in the clear but I definitely feel for you!
  • @hgrich I have just started to get sharp pain on my right side within the past week. I think this happened in my last pregnancy, but I really can't remember. It is driving me nuts.

I have also started to get lower back pain. I guess from stuff moving around inside...not really sure. I haven't really gained weight so it's not like my back hurts because of that. I am worried about the back pain and possible sciatica. I had that with my first and I think it was for most of the second and third trimesters. Hoping the back pain is unrelated!
  • I actually was feeling slightly better for a couple of days around 12.5 weeks, but then it got worse again at 13 weeks so I decided to start the diclegis. I know I started it much later than I should have, but I was doing the OTC version (unisom/b6) so I figured it would be the same. But now I have been on the diclegis for about 3 days and I woke up today feeling pretty good! I was able to make myself breakfast and open the fridge without gagging...that's a big deal for me lol. However, because I started it so late, I am not sure if it's the medicine or just progressing to 14 weeks....so I think to be safe I will stay on it for at least another couple weeks, since I have the 30 day supply now.  

@kcasset I didn't realize you had to wean off it. My doctor didn't mention this, but I guess it makes sense to reduce slowly to see if you get sick before stopping altogether. I am taking 4 a day now, so ill probably reduce by 1 a day and see how I feel before reducing further. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kitkat8387 - my didn't either, but I would personally prefer to not take it my entire pregnancy.  That being said, my nausea is so bad at night I don't think it will be soon for me. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @allybadry  It has not been fun the last few weeks.  I'm going to try to get in to the dentist soon to get a check up and cleaning and hope that helps.
  • @kcasset mine is terrible in the evenings as well. When I do eventually try to wean off, I'll probably reduce my bedtime dose first, then morning, and save afternoon for last, since I think that one is the most crucial for me as it keeps my evenings semi-ok. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've been feeling a lot less nauseous these past few days, which has been nice.  I do get the occasional intense queasiness, but it's been tolerable.  I have a feeling that it'll hit me like a bus again at some point, but for now I'm going to try and enjoy not feeling like complete crap :)

My boobs have been crazy sore since yesterday.  They were initially sore from before I got my bfp until 7 weeks when the pain completely disappeared, but holy crap they are more sore than ever now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • schef070911schef070911 member
    edited October 2016
    Sorta random, but has anyone else experienced nosebleeds? I'm 13w5d and getting over a cold (hoping it doesn't turn into a sinus infection!), and whenever I blow my nose there's blood coming out as well.  Kinda freaky, although a quick Dr. Google search told me it was pretty normal when PG and sick!

@kcasset I'm now weaning myself off the Diclegis - stopped taking my evening dose but am still taking afternoon.  Like you and @kitkat8387 my nausea was worst in the evenings so I'm saving that mid-afternoon dose for last!
  • Anyone dealing with lower back pain that wraps around into your hips? I have been for the past 2-3 days. I tried to sleep with a pillow between my knees, which didn't help. It doesn't hurt when I am laying down, but when I sit and stand it feels like everything is on fire. I am not really sure what to do about it...and know it will probably just get worse as I get bigger...

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• My nausea had started getting better the last couple of weeks, until this weekend.  This weekend my nausea came back with a vengeance!  I have lost track of how many times I have thrown up.  Really hoping it starts to get better again!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @schef070911 Last week I woke up with a little bloody nose 3 mornings in a row.  I found it a little odd since I have not had a bloody nose in years!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @schef070911 I had them with my first pregnancy. I've only had one so far but it must have been allergies + pregnancy because I don't usually have them. 
  • @ebloom3 I have had back pain for about a week now.  It all started with sitting in a crappy chair with no support and now it won't go away!  I find that if I exercise followed by stretching it helps a bit and I also remember using a heating pad on my back when I was pregnant with DS.  I have yet to dig that out, but I did turn on the heated seats in DHs car the other day to temporarily relieve the pain!
  • @HGRich @Pinkpeonies Yeah, I can't remember the last time I got a nosebleed either so this is strange! Glad to know I'm not alone though. :)
  • OMG, I have nosebleeds all the damn time :(

• @mrsbakes Sorry, not fun!
    EDD 4/15/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Nausea is on and off still.. one good day.. two bad.. today was bad.. and of course i had an ultrasound and couldn't keep the water down! My head constantly feels like there's soon much sinus pressure and I'm super sensitive to heat near my face..
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17