Adam Levine's daughter's name

Gingermom15Gingermom15 member
edited September 2016 in Baby Names
Dusty Rose

ugh

Re: Adam Levine's daughter's name

• Options
    Errrrr....lol

Mother of 4 beautiful babies - soon to be 5!
    Mikey - 11/08/2000
    Eden - 02/23/2003
    Alora - 04/07/2006
    Elsie - 07/08/2015
    Expecting a baby girl 11/01/2016!!

• Options
    Dusty could be a cute nickname,  not an actual name.

But that girl is never going to have to work a day in her life, so it won't hurt her (probably ]
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I saw a comment somewhere that it's a common name for a particular shade of blush.  I didn't like it at first and that really did it in for me.
  • Options
    My grandma loved Dusty Rose. Her carpets, counter tops, fake floral arrangements, throw pillows... All dusty rose.  That's Dusty Rose.

Its an awful awful name... 
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• Options
    My grandma loved Dusty Rose. Her carpets, counter tops, fake floral arrangements, throw pillows... All dusty rose.  That's Dusty Rose.

Its an awful awful name... 
    It's the nice way of saying grandma mauve
  • Options
    I'm a huge fan of Rose as a first name, but Dusty Rose?  Ick. 

Glad I'm not the only one who is shocked by the hideousness of this name. :)
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    I saw an article about this, and immediately thought of this board. "Ooohh, the name board ladies are going to go in on that one". I agree. It's gross
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    They're both "famous" Which means there was a 98.9% chance she would never have a regular normal name. My parents named their cat Dusty because she used to hide behind the fridge and come out with dust on her. Cute for a cat, not for your kid.. but they couldn't be like us "common folk" And use something like Kate or Heather. They have to be different at the expense of their kid.
  • Options
    Oh dear! That's not good on any level. 
    She could just go by Rose eventually. But still. 
    Side note... After reading this late one night I had a dream we named our baby Dagney Rose... And kept saying, "I don't know why we picked that because we don't like either name, but it's a lot like that famous guys daughter..." Haha.  :D

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    Pretty terrible, though I expected nothing less (or better). 
  • Options
    I think that that is the same name that vanilla ice named his daughter years ago
  • Options
    Terrible. But, as mentioned, at least she won't have to worry about her resume. 
  • Options
    saham07 said:
    I think that that is the same name that vanilla ice named his daughter years ago
    Vanilla Ice's daughters are Dusti Rain and KeeLee Breeze. Still...
  • Options
    maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
    edited September 2016
    Dusti Rain??? Oh wow! 

Due December 27th with baby #7