babies"r"us registry party (happening now!) - Page 4 — The Bump
2nd Trimester

babies"r"us registry party (happening now!)

124»

Re: babies"r"us registry party (happening now!)

• Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?   

Im not going to put any clothes on the registry so hopefully I don't get much clothes. I'm a little picky with that. 
    bumptaraJustAnotherUsername16
  • I haven't had to hint, our parents have offered to buy a few of the big ticket items for us.

That being said, Target has this great option where you can mark items on your registry as "most wanted". I did that in case the rest of our family wanted to know what items were most important to us.  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    bumptara
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds like a good idea !! @mcdonald-bailey ;
  • BumpTara said:
    Alright Bumpies, looks like we have time for one more question...

Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?  ;) 
    With most people, I would be happy to get any kind gift off my registry. However, with close family I am TOTALLY guilty of dropping hints. Things I have literally said to my mom/aunt/MIL: "I just spent a ton of time researching the PERFECT travel system and now I am so excited about it being on my registry" "Have you seen the adorable bedding set I added? Don't you just love the owls?" "The best part of the crib is that it is convertible, so LO will have it their entire life! It's like the gift that keep on giving from whomever buys it for us! They will always be a part of LOs life!" (I'm the worst). 
  • Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?  ;)

We register for only items we want/ need and tell immediate family what we want most. 
  • @BumpTara No, there really isn't a way to do that without flat out telling someone.  That's why my registry is so small....I only put the most important items on there. If people run out of items to choose from, that's great! That means I most likely got my most needed things.  Everyone else can just get me whatever they want.  Hopefully they will include a gift receipt.  
    One thing I think would be REALLY helpful is if BRU had the option of rating the items on our list by priority.  I know one of BRU's competitors does this, and it's brilliant! 

bumptara
  • Curious to know how to give family hints but maybe putting them on top of the list on the baby registry or the invitation. 
  • My mom & MIL have already asked what I want most, so that's helpful! I know in the past I've asked my pregnant friends what they want most from their registries.
  • I havent shared it with everyone but it will be part of my baby shower invite plus i am using it as my own shopping list :)
  • It was so fun to shop once I knew I was having a girl, made it feel so much more personalized :)
    expandcontract
  • @danitapia88 I don't think you can put anything on the "top of the list. " I tried to do that too, but the registry will automatically organize the items based on category. 

danitapia88
  • BumpTara said:
    Alright Bumpies, looks like we have time for one more question...

Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?  ;) 
    I wish I did! 
  • Do you have ways of hinting about what items you want the most off your registry?    

nope I just ask upfront 
  • @afkash Oh wow! Need to come up with hints then lol 
    expandcontract
  • Thanks @TheBump & @BumpTara for the fun time. So many great tips on baby registries !! Congrats to all the moms to be !! 
    bumptara
  • This was fun, getting to exchange ideas with members from other month boards!! I've dropped into this 2nd tri board from time to time, but it's really not that active. People will respond sparingly and randomly, so I forget to check it, most of the time.  

JustAnotherUsername16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards