February 2017 Moms

FFFC!! 9/30

What confessions do you have on this last day of September?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: FFFC!! 9/30

• Loading the player...
  • @tishb It's definitely been harder on me when DH goes into work. Plus, he's been taking extra duty a lot lately to get extra money, which we need, but I hate when he leaves me.

I just made my list to get done before my parents get here a week from Monday. There's so much to do and H works this weekend so he can't help and he has at least 1 night of extra duty this week. So I'll have to be motivated this weekend to work while he sleeps and every night when I get home this week to get everything done. There are a few things he'll definitely have to help me with though. This isn't really a FFC other than I put this off for the last month and now hate myself.

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• My FFFC is not really that bad, it's just weird for me. 
    I totally forgot to wear underwear yesterday.  I went all day and finally realized when I was going to bed last night.  I was at home so it's not a big deal, but I'm surprised cuz I'm usually very uncomfortable without them.  

• @Gretchypoo I definitely need to start looking into my options and I'm grateful there are alot of STMs on this board that I can look to for advice!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo I definitely need to start looking into my options and I'm grateful there are alot of STMs on this board that I can look to for advice!
    ME TOO! One piece of advice I got (that I plan to follow) for pain relief is to hire a doula. A doula will help calm and relax you and help with pain relief as well as be there for you and your family.
  • @jennpearl007 I'm a FTM so I have no experience. But from what I've read and the people I've talked to, my biggest conclusion is whatever your plan is, remember at the end to be flexible.  It may not go as planned so don't be disappointed or beat yourself up if that happens. 
    I, too, don't have a plan yet.  I start pre-natal classes next week so I'm looking forward to what else I will learn from them and go from there.  We have plenty of time, don't stress!! 

@tentacular that is TOTALLY an excuse! Good for you for delegating and standing firm to let husband deal with it! You deserve alone quiet time.  :smile: 

• Lafreeman21Lafreeman21 member
    edited September 2016
    @jennpearl007 I'm there too. Nothing to be ashamed of! Plus, there are tons of awesome STMs to help us. 
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Gretchypoo I want a doula! I need someone to calm me for sure!

@homemake That's what I have to tell myself! None of us would be here if labor was impossible!

@AfKash Be flexible - I think that is great advice! I start my prenatal classes soon, too! I can't wait for the labor and breastfeeding ones!

@Spicyweiner Lol! I think that is the attitude I am going for! I'm usually a planner, but in this case, anything can happen.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My confession is: last night I stayed up til 2am reading labor/PP stories off the December 2016 BMB.

I'm really scared, guys. I feel very ill-prepared, I don't have a birth plan and I'm questioning my tolerance for pain.
    My only advice would be to go with the flow. 
    There are so many stories out there, people who had amazing experiences, people who had craptastic experiences, birth plans that went to a T and ones that didn't. 
    Im not a planner, so I just went in with a whatever happens, happens kinda attitude and that worked for me.
    I don't really know what else to say without sounding like a sanctimonious twat. 
    @Spicyweiner I have also been not really stressing about a birth plan. My thing is to try to go med-free but if I can't take the pain I'm fine getting an epidural. 
    I've been questioning myself if I really even need a "plan." I trust both of the doctors in my practice, whole-heartedly, cuz I've known them for a very long time. And I know it's going to be either one of those two, unless some crazy fluke happens and they are both tied up delivering.  
    What do you guys think? Is it totally necessary to have one? 

• @peachesnbean Wow! That is awesome! And thank you, because that eases some of my anxiety about it all!

Definitely gonna pick up that book!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @peachesnbean I have been reading it! It's super inspiring, but a few of the stories are kinda out there for me. Overall, a very good read though!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @yogadevil I'm not sure if it's an option for you but could you remove the gas fireplace?  My parents had one and they were sick of having it repaired so they converted it in to a regular wood burning fireplace.  It's more work to build the fire, but I find you get a lot more heat than from a gas fireplace.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited September 2016
    @peachesnbean Uh, no, but now I'm afraid. :neutral: 

ETA: I was thinking of a few stories where they were talking about "resonating with the environment" and such. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • And FWIW, I have a low tolerance to pain and HIGH levels of anxiety- I pushed out two kiddos med-free no problem. One was 9lb 5oz :)
    Me too, and I cry when I get a paper cut!!!

I will also add that the nurses are amazing. They have been through soooooo many labors that they really do know how to help you through whatever situation you find yourself in. I did it med-free without a doula (because my birth plans was to get ALL THE MEDS) and the nurse walked me through every single step :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Spicyweiner ^^^ PREACH!!!

Love my LEO!!

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• Let me preface this by saying that I'm pro LGBT, pro choice and I try to be racially and culturally thoughtful. 
    I sometimes feel like my generation is just offended by fucking everything. 
    Spicy, is this your FFFC or are you responding to something? 
    I feel like I missed a post somewhere.  

• AfKash said:
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm pro LGBT, pro choice and I try to be racially and culturally thoughtful. 
    Not something here. 
  • also @Spicyweiner I get it. It's like no matter how liberal minded I am, I'm always walking on eggshells and there's always a new thing you can't do/say. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • AfKash said:
    Let me preface this by saying that I'm pro LGBT, pro choice and I try to be racially and culturally thoughtful. 
    Not something here. 
    Ah! Yes, I know what you're talking about now.  

• My FFFC: Whenever I picture my childbirth, I am in labor during a Patriots Super Bowl win. With my EDD this is very much possible, but very slim odds. 

STUCK IN THE BOX.

Similar, I go into labor the morning after the Lions win :)

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @CurlyCupcake21 the cost of the conversion would be $500 plus depending on several factors. More likely $1200 we were told based on chimney repairs needed (repairs + bringing it up to current code), not to mention our home owners insurance would increase because of it as well. Either of the options, whether we replace it/convert it are too much to spend on a non-essential fixture for us right now. The only hope is to see if it's an easy fix (<$500) and even then it's going to wait awhile

I actually prefer woodburning, but appreciated the gas fireplace that came with the house due to safety reasons with having a new kiddo around
  • AfKash said:
    AfKash said:
    Not something here. 
    Ah! Yes, I know what you're talking about now.  
    Um, how if it's not something here?