June 2016 Moms

Soy milk constipation

My doctor changed our formula from enfamil spit up to soy milk bc he has had terrible gas and tummy aches and the soy milk has done wonders but it's causing some constipation. I put 1 teaspoon of miralax in one bottle a day but it's not even doing the trick. He struggles so bad screams and turns beat red. This morning he was straining so bad he spit up.. has anyone tried the kayro syrup?

Re: Soy milk constipation

• My first dd was on soy and was very constipated as well. The doc said to put a small amount of prune juice in her formula each day and that helped a ton!

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Does it go away like is this just an adjustment period or do they stay constipated on soy?
  • Loading the player...
  • It was mostly just at the beginning while she was getting used to it. 

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• jsimmo2010jsimmo2010 member
    edited September 2016
    My baby has been on soy for about 2 months now because she has a dairy allergy. My LO too has a hard time pooping. When she does, it's mostly hard clay-like balls. The ped told me to mix 1 ounce prune juice with 1 ounce water in a bottle and give it to her. You can do that once a day when needed. This is my second day doing it and she's pooped both days. Works well.