April 2017 Moms

Unpopular opinions 9.29

Weekly unpopular opinions go here! 
(Do you guys still want this every week? Is that too much, vs every other week? Let me know.)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Unpopular opinions 9.29

• (I'm thinking every other week might be better since people still comment on the thread for days afterward.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Usually this thread is pretty full of UOs. I'm surprised. Nothing today..
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @Dax28 my husband has never worn his consistently. I think it was lost and found three times the first six months we were married. He works on farms and works out everyday, so it just isn't practical. I don't need him to wear it to know we're married. 
  • @herewegrow
    good to know I'm not the only one. DH's job doesn't allow employee to wear rings because of safety issues. He doesnt want to wear the flexible silicon ones because he says they are "silly".
  • @Dax28 DH and I also don't wear rings. DH works construction and it's actually a liability to wear his ring. If it got caught, his finger could be ripped off. I on the other hand, don't wear my ring (only had an engagement ring, never got around to buying the band) because I lost it.  :# I definitely wouldn't mind wearing a ring, but DH wants to punish me for losing it and not buy me another one. 
  • Usually this thread is pretty full of UOs. I'm surprised. Nothing today..
    I always think of UOs and FFFCs on different days.  And of course can't remember them when it's the day!

@herewegrow I'm with you about the weddings!  We haven't known anyone to get married in about 2 years and it's such a relief!
    Me: 31
    DH: 36
    Married 5 years
    DD born 8/30/13
    #2 expected 4/25/17
  • Ugh weddings suck. I'm matron of honor in one next week and my daughter's the flower girl.. I've spent a fortune between throwing the shower, the bachelorette weekend, dresses shoes, hair makeup and gifts!

I also never wear my rings.. my husband usually does but my fingers swell and go down throughout the day so they're either too tight or falling off so I gave up.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • cafedisco said:
    Usually this thread is pretty full of UOs. I'm surprised. Nothing today..
    I always think of UOs and FFFCs on different days.  And of course can't remember them when it's the day!
    Yes! This happens to me all the time. Mostly why all my comments seem to be agreeing with other people's UOs.  :D
  • I hate what weddings have become. Engagement party, multiple showers, bachelorette party, bridal brunch, panty party, rehearsals, it never ends! I can't tell you how much we've dropped on gifts and other wedding expenses this year!
    agreed. We just got married in May and mother-in-law insisted on engagement party (because that's what they do for all their kids. My fam was like "huh"). So then I said I didn't want a shower when she inquired bc we had a short (9 month engagement) BUT she insisted. I told my bridesmaids no shower, they'er like are you sure. Me: yep. Just had bachelorette party. We had a laid back rehearsal (back room of pub..kids could run free) and I didn't want day after opening gift.

I don't care for showers/day after opening gift things so why would I want them for myself?
  • Ugh I know what you mean @beckyf321 I was just looking and it all looks cute! But then I think... well these girls don't have G size boobs and love handles!
  • @Beckyf321 oh, I get you on walking dead and GoT. I have no desire to watch game of thrones and don't plan on ever doing so. Buuuut, my SO reads the books to me and I love it. He does all the voices so it's like a radio play. He loves the series so much, has read the books several times, and its the only way I will partake in his fandom. I also don't care for Doctor Who.