Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Thursday!

2»

Re: WTO Thursday!

• Loading the player...
  • @Mythril I'm glad your friend is being sensitive about your feelings,  but I know it must be tough to hear the news in less than ideal conditions :( its 100% understandable to feel down about it and it doesn't mean you don't love her or can't/won't be excited for her. I hope you feel better soon... sounds like a good day to treat yourself! 
    Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• edited September 2016
    Month/Cycle: 6 / 6      

CD: 23    

WAYDTGKU: BBT, CM, Clearblue Fertility Monitor (plus prenatal, Omega 3, B100, vitamin C, CoQ-10, green tea). EOD when he's back from his work trip.  

R/R: Still holding off on a peak reading / temp jump and husband is back tomorrow. Come on body - don't ovulate yet!

CS/Q:

GTKU: Besides jobs, what's the one big thing that keeps you from moving somewhere else? Bwahahahahaha. After moving from Scotland to Canada in 2013, there's no way we're moving anywhere else for some time! Saying that, maybe one day, we'll pack up and move out to the countryside. I'd love some goats :D

@zwink1 Our dog is the same. She goes outside then just stands looking up at you and blinking in the rain.

@leilac I'm temping, so on the months when my monitor missed my peak, I just kept POAS until my temps confirmed o-day, then stopped. If you're not temping, but you're sure that you've ovulated, you might as well save the sticks - they're expensive! (God bless Costco.)

• @LuND If someone have it to me I would give it a try, but I don't want to buy one haha.  I don't want to encourage her use of the house, even a designated space, and she's weird so I don't think she would use it. I realize they have an attractant you can put on them, but she hates weird textures and won't walk on them. When we house broke her, we put newspaper down at first. We quickly discovered she wouldn't walk on the newspaper, so we started covering all of the areas we didn't want her to go. It was great decor for a while haha.

That wasp situation is a problem, eesh!

@Mythril I'm so sorry, that is so tough. Close friends of ours recently announced as well, but they were trying and had been having difficulty, so totally different situation. You are a better friend than me, to be honest, I don't think I could go to the ultrasound appointment.
  • bramblerose-2bramblerose-2 member
    edited September 2016
    @hartmich Glad to hear the blood draws are over and that you have a good doctor behind you.

Editing because whoa, only about one line of my text posted.  

@bumpybump I'm so sorry for your loss, and thank you for sharing the message.  In response to your question, my temps start dropping a day before AF, but they don't cross the coverline until CD 2.  After that, I get wild fluctuations until my period's over.

@zwink1 sol.idar.ity on diva dogs!  My rant yesterday was that my dog peed on my favorite rug - it was absolutely because it's been raining a lot here, and she doesn't like to go outside when it's wet.  Things get worse after a few days of solid rain like we've had and she starts to form bad habits.  Thankfully things are dry...on all fronts...here today.

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 1 - I thought one would come yesterday based on a temp drop and historic trends, but my LP held on for a 16th day just to #$%! with me.  I'm really glad to be in a new cycle and feel like I'm starting fresh.

WAYDTGKU: OPK, BBT, PNV, any other three letter combo that seemed useful probably.

R/R: I always forget what a hormonal shit show the last few days of my lp are when I'm in the midst of them.  I've been struggling a lot emotionally and with fatigue, but today AF finally came, and I feel like a new woman.  I was able to knock out a lot of my to-do list, and as corny as it sounds, life is just a lot brighter than it's seemed the past few days.

CS/Q: Not this time around. 

GTKU: Besides jobs, what's the one big thing that keeps you from moving somewhere else?

My husband and I actually just went through a big move from a big city in the PNW to a mid-cized city in the Southeast, so we're hoping all the reasons we moved become all the reasons we'll stay.  We've been able to buy a home here, which would have been a real stretch where we were, we're much closer to good friends and the right distance from family, and we feel like we're able to get more involved in the community instead of being a set of anonymous faces in the crowd.  
    Me: 26 DH: 26 and 10 days fewer
    Married 6/15
    TTC #1: NTNP March 2016 TTC July 2016, September 2016-
    Let's Get This Party Charted
  • @Mythril Always nice to see you, though I'm sorry to hear it has been such a trying few weeks :( That is such hard news to hear, and it sounds like you handled it with such grace toward your friend. I hope you find some joy being with your friend, and even more so, I hope the thyroid medicine helps you! Maybe it'll even help you ovulate!

@Aurora1973 lol at "conjugal visit"

@polarbear517 I have no idea but that sounds like it must be good!

• @adirat That's totally what we call it, haha.  He hates working out of town, and feels a bit like he's a prisoner, so it fits. 
    Me: 45 OH: 42
    Beloved SS: born 12/2011
    TTC my bio #1/our #2 since January 2016
    **TW** June 2016 had CP **end TW**
    August 2016 - dx with DOR
    Somewhere in here received recommendation to do IVF with donor eggs, elected not to; OH dx with Low T
    May 2017 - began freezing sperm
    June 2017 - OH began treatment for Low T
    July 2017 - began doing 1 IUI via a midwife and 1 at home insemination each cycle
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6259ba
    July 2018 - exhausted frozen sperm, officially NTNP since OH is probably shooting blanks

• @jeg07 sorry for CD1, but hooray for a longer LP.
    @mythril I was a long time lurker before jumping in to be active and I remember you. Welcome back. You have the right to feel all the feels. IF is so emotionally taxing. It's great that you feel like you can be there to support your friend and that she is being sensitive about your feelings. It is also ok to be sad and mad that it's not you. Creepy Internet hugs
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @lulu1180 Your siggy always makes me smile! 

• LadyMooLadyMoo member
    edited September 2016
    So sorry to hear about your friend @bumpybump
    **TW** DH's cousin took his own life in October '14. He was found by his Dad. He was only 24. He had sadly battled with and through many years of depression. All of his family were deeply shocked and left very heartbroken. 
    One of the saddest things (they later discovered) was the fact he thought he wasn't loved or cared about, his funeral had the biggest turn out. The love his family and friends had for him was overwhelming.
    If only he could have just reached out to one of those people, but we cannot always know the struggles and pain someone is feeling or hiding sometimes. It's heartbreaking**end TW**
    My thoughts are with you and his family. 

Month/Cycle: 14/16

CD: 1 

WAYDTGKU: OPK's, really going to up the sexing and I've started taking vitamin D supplements (been taking Folic acid for a long time already)

R/R: CD 1 and a super busy day at work. Not a good combo. The weekend is so close though I can almost taste it! 

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKU: Besides jobs, what's the one big thing that keeps you from moving somewhere else? My family and friends. They mean everything to me. Even when they drive me crazy sometimes! 

*edited to include a TW.
  • @bumpybump I am! We just moved to DSM about a year and a half ago and I'm totally hooked. Who would have thought? Thanks for the welcome!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• @LuND - wabash15 and I were spot on cycle buddies last cycle, but she moved back over to WTO two day before me. So we  bonded with or matching cycles, and now they're off by a few days. Haha. Hence *almost* cycle buddies this time.
    DH & I: 27
    Dating: 11/14/2010
    Married: 10/18/2014
    TTC April 2016
    BFP: 5/12/2016 ~ MC: 5/25/2016
  • @adirat Thanks! I will definitely do that. But I'm thinking maybe it was some kind of fluke or maybe my body was gearing up for O and just couldn't because I took my temp just now and it was 97.7....last month my post O temps during the day were usually higher. My BBT this morning was actually higher at 98.02. I know I shouldn't be temping during other parts of the day, but wouldn't my temp at 3:00 pm be higher if I truly Oed? :(
    Me: 27   DH: 28
    Married: November 2015
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Callalily25 No. Your temp during other parts of the day is impacted by all sorts of other things. You could get a low oral temp because you had a cold beverage or sat near an open window. Just wait to see your temp tomorrow morning. 

• **Lurking from TWW**

@callalily25 My first cycle of BCP was 35 days, my second was 28.  Since then they are about 25-26 which I think is what they were in pre-BCP.  The first time I got CH it was CD 19, since then it’s always been CD 12 or 13.  I’m like 6 cycles (I think) since going of BCP and I feel like every time my symptoms are a little different.  Last cycle during and after O I had no boob tenderness or pain at all.  Not even a twinge.  They didn’t seem to get bigger either.  But in July my boobs hurt so bad from the day I O’d until I got AF that I couldn’t even touch them.  They hurt just existing.  I focus on my CM and temping mostly.  I mark my symptoms, but try not to focus on them too much.  Basically I start HIO super early (CD 5) and for super long (CD16 and counting) just in case.  Hopefully you O soon! 

@bumpybump that is so tragic.  I’m so sorry for your loss <3<3<3

• @bumpybump I'm sorry, that's awful. It's so important for people to seek help when they need it, but so many people don't. Hope his family has a lot of support. 

@JackieMarie1989 I heard position only really matters if your cervix is shaped abnormally, which your OB will know. Here's a video on it (relevant part starts around 4:15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD_2TkVbqXY&nbsp;

@RunRestRepeat I think temping is great, but it's not for me because of sleep-related stuff so I'm solely relying on CM and OPKs. I like the CBAD so far, but it is pricey and lots of people hate it and prefer the cheaper wondfos. 

Month/Cycle: 6/6 or 2/2 with more effort 

CD: 9

WAYDTGKU: Finally broke down and ordered preseed and cod liver oil to add to the list, plus all the stuff I said yesterday. 

R/R: Rave: Looking forward to starting month 2 on my CBA OPK again tomorrow. Was really missing POAS these last 10 days--made me feel so empty inside!

CS/Q: Not really, but does anyone here listen to the Fertility Friday podcast? It's really good and the lady running it is super into TCOYF. Interviews are very interesting!

GTKU: Honestly, I love pretty much everything about where we live except the cost of living/house prices. It's pretty, rural but near a mega city, so we get all the services we need have decent access to the outdoors. MH and I have moved around a lot and with the exception of Portland which we both loved but had to leave for work/school, in all the other places we lived one of us was really unhappy and the other person felt guilty about it. But we are both really into living here and it's actually a big part of why we decided to start TTC (some of the other places we lived were not kid friendly or had really bad education systems). Jealous of people with family nearby... We've given up on living near family since they are so spread out. All 4 parents live in 4 different states, so holidays are basically a nightmare and we have to disappoint most family every year so we figure better stick to a place we like instead of moving closer to one of them. 
  • @vflux33 I'm totally looking up that podcast now!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @Bertiemeetsgertie No worries! Sorry things are so hectic for you right now. Also -- are you me? Because my first two cycles I also had huge jumps on O day, then my third and fourth, I've gotten a slow rise. Weird.

• edited September 2016
    adirat said:

@Bertiemeetsgertie No worries! Sorry things are so hectic for you right now. Also -- are you me? Because my first two cycles I also had huge jumps on O day, then my third and fourth, I've gotten a slow rise. Weird.

If memory serves correct, we're both from Wisconsin, love the Packers, same kind of cycles... Twinsies! 

Edit: gif creatures are supposed to be dancing, but it's just a still image. Lame! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Month/Cycle: 1/2

WAYDTGKU: pnv, opks, and cm

R/R: Disappointed that AF showed up, but at the same time it feels like a fresh start. This is my first real period since getting Mirena removed (had a short light period about 2 weeks ago). Cramps are here with a vengeance so BFF is coming over for pizza, wine, and ice cream.

CS/Q:

GTKU: Besides jobs, what's the one big thing that keeps you from moving somewhere else? 
    We're really happy where we live. It's in the middle of nowhere, but close enough to Chicago and Madison for day trips. And we can go into Rockford for more food options, speciality shops, and entertainment. 

Me: 30   DH:32
    Dating: 2/2007   Married: 4/2011  
    TTC #1: 9/2016
    *TW*

BFP #1: 11/26/2016 - MC: 12/6/2016
    BFP #2: 3/9/2017 - CP: 3/10/2017
    08/2017: DH's SA = normal
    08/2017: Low progesterone (4.6) all other BW normal
    11/2017: HSG Clear; Pelvic Ultrasound Normal; and AMH, FSH, and Estradiol normal
    12/2017: 1,000mg Metformin
    12/2017: 50mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: 100mg Clomid + TI = BFN
    01/2018: RE Consult
    03/2018: 5mg Letrozole + 50 units Gonal-F + 500 μg Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #3: 4/1/2018 - CP: 4/4/2018
    04/2018: 5mg Letrozole + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP #4: 5/2/18
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bumpybump I'm so so sorry!

@hartmich that makes me feel better that I didn't mess it up!  And here's hoping that I suddenly get a darker line!

@PolarBear517 ok good!! I'm pretty sure I didn't O because my temps don't seem right but just wanted to make sure

@LuND. I live on the backside of Disney so I don't have to use I4 too much!  And I hate when hubby's sick...guys are such babies when they are!
  • PeachyTeachyPeachyTeachy member
    edited September 2016
    Month/Cycle: 1

WAYDTGKU: PNV, Temp, will attempt a modified EOD

R/R: It's Thursday!! (I don't work on Fridays, so it's my weekend!)

CS/Q: Nope.

GTKU: Besides jobs, what's the one big thing that keeps you from moving somewhere else?
    We live in DH's hometown and it's also his mom's hometown.  It's a love/hate thing, but the love usually wins.

@bumpybump I'm so sorry.  I can't imagine going through that on any level--spouse, family member, friend...

@purplg8r I'm so jealous that you're that close to Disney!
    @LuND Ugh, my DH gets "man sick" too and I always lose my sympathetic feelings if it lasts more than a day

ETA:  Thanks @adirat

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• @PeachyTeachy  Hi! Welcome to WTO -- I assume that since you are cycle 1 and CD1 today is an exciting day for you! :) Just a quick FYI - if you place an "@" sign before someone's name, it'll provide a notification so they see your post. 

• @mythril I just wanted to take my hat off to you.  The fact that you are there for her is awesome.  You've got more strength than I do.  I found out my BILs gf was pregnant a week after my loss, they are the last people that should be having a kid and I have shut myself down to that whole side of the family basically.  It sucks when you want something so bad and it just happens for others.  Your in my thoughts tonight.  Creepy internet hugs 
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• zwink1zwink1 member
    edited September 2016
    @BrambleRose - We have a pee problem from time to time as well.  This one isn't intentional, but she has a hormone imbalance that makes it difficult for her to 'hold it' when she's sleeping.  Waking up in a puddle of pee once was enough for me.  She's medicated, but we still make sure she gets out frequently.

I also hear you on the emotional disaster area during LP.  I get obnoxiously emotional as well; and usually for a few days after CD1.

@lulu1180 - She tends to select one particular place, but if I shut her out of that area, she'll pick another one.

@kiki75 - She's a Shiba Inu, so strong personality is actually a bit of an understatement haha.  She's usually not this bad, however, between the weather and moving to a new house she's been on her worst behavior. 

Edit:  Poor grammar means bad sentences.

• @BertieMeetsGertie Today I started taking mobile screenshots so I could remember who to reply to and what to say. Haha
    @adirat He works a few towns away from there and wasn't at work, but thanks for checking in! I feel so removed from the world when I'm at school and sometimes find out about stuff at lunch or not until after work. I remember the first school shooting (how sad is that to say?) after DH and I started dating and he was worried about me. Now it's mutual for both of us. I never thought teaching would be a dangerous job.
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility