March 2017 Moms
Options

C-Section Mamas Question!

For other STM/TTM who've had a c-section in the past... do you have pain where your scar is? I kind of figured there'd be some, and it's not overwhelming but definitely like, "Oh, well that hurts a bit." Mostly internal. I've heard that the scar tissue can bind your uterus to your bladder, too? Didn't know if anyone else had anything similar happen or if I should get more serious about talking to my doctor about it. 
Alex
married to M since 6.13.09
T - 3.3.14
A - 2.24.17

Re: C-Section Mamas Question!

• Options
    I had mines 8 years ago. There is pain in the beginning but it goes away. The area is a little sensitive but not really painful. When I get my bikini wax that area always hurts. Besides that it's fine. I don't know about the scar tissue binding your uterus and bladder. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't call it pain per se, but I've definitely noticed some stretching of the area over the past couple of weeks or so. I've had some issues with my bladder since my c/s in that it gets painful if my bladder gets too full. My doctor said that having a big baby can exacerbate bladder problems, so that could be part of my problem.  
    DS 12.02.11

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw my doctor for pain around the incision before getting pregnant and again recently. They're concerned that my internal incision from my csection herniated and will get worse throughout this pregnancy. They plan to correct it during our repeat csection.
    ME: 26  |  DH: 33
    Dating: March 17, 2008
    Married: May 18, 2013
    BFP: August 16, 2014
    Our rainbow baby after two losses. Rest sweetly, my angels. 

IT'S A GIRL!EDD: April 10, 2015
    (Formerly known as amandastewart51813)

• Options
    My c section was 13 months ago, and I definitely still have pain internally where the incision was. I doesn't really feel uterine (if that's a thing), more like the nerves below the skin where the incision was. No real stretching. If that pain is unbearable, I would call my doctor asap.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my c-sect was 4 years ago, and just recently i've definitely felt some stretching/pain in the area, almost felt like it was ripping open again LOL but thankfully dr google tells me this is normal haha! 
    **~*Noelle*~**
    Happily Wed DH in May 2010
    June 2012: DD#1 born after countless fertility cycles, our 4 year old miracle 
    TTC #2: current cycle: 225iu Menopur for 4 weeks, Ovidrel Trigger= BFP! Beta #1; 333, Beta #2 713! 1st u/s showed TWINS (7/18)
    BabyFruit Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to know I'm not alone! Pulling is a good word for what I feel is happening 85% of the time. The pain is only occasionally and closer to RLP, I suppose it could be a combination of both!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • Options
    I had one 5yrs ago, and I have not had any pain or stretching sensations or anything thus far. I have had round ligament pains of course but none where my actual scar is located. I have known other women that definitely have! Crossing fingers that I stay pain free in that area. 

• Options
    My cs was just over 2 years ago, I really hadn't had any pain from it for probably the past 18-20 months. Every now and then, with this preyancy, I get a twinge of pain internally. Not sure if it's from the internal scar or just normal stretching and growing. 

TTC #1 Since October 2012
    DX PCOS May 2013
    Clomid 50-150mg- No Response
    Moved to RE October 2013
    Nov. 2013: IUI #1 Letrozole + Ovidrel = BFN
    Dec. 2013: IUI #2 Letrozole + Ovidrel= BFP on 1/8/2014 !! EDD 9/17/2014
    Beta #1 (12 dpo): HCG 27, Progesterone 15 (starting on supplements)
    Beta #2 (15 dpo): HCG 297, Progesterone 29
    Beta #3 (17 dpo): HCG 667, Progesterone 34
    1st Ultrasound 1/28 (6 weeks + 1) Baby measuring exactly as it should, HB 118!
    2nd Ultrasound 2/5 Baby measuring 7w4d, HB 133. Everything looks perfect!
    3rd Ultrasound 4/29 (A/S) Our Baby BOY is measuring perfectly and everything looked great! HB160
    Diagnosed with Pre-E at 36 weeks, placed on bed rest, induction schedule for 37 weeks. 

BFP #2 on 7/30/15 EDD 4/7/16 MC @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3 on 7/23/16 EDD 3/30/16