October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

• Thank you ladies!  @amye102485, @NoraAurora and @krzyriver.  I called triage, and they basically said that there's nothing i could do now.  just wait to see if i have any concerning symptoms. 

That wasn't enough for DH!!!!  He made me call my doctor and tell her about the steak tartare.

I'm feeling fine, and i don't feel sick.  Just hate feeling paranoid because of DH.

THank you ladies. :)  
  • Thank you @bnsmith85.... maybe DH is the one who is going to end up sending me into labor.  I swear I'm feeling the contractions come on because he's never been this freaked out.  
  • Loading the player...
  • One of my coworkers looked at my belly today and said "you're going to have a c section, right?!" She was inferring that he was getting too big. Um, no, that's not the plan... 
  • Last night my fiancé mentioned that we should wash the baby's crib blanket since we have set so many things in the crib while working on the nursery. I pulled the blanket off today to wash and noticed a few dog hairs on the sheet. I pulled the sheet too. Then I thought about all his sleepers folded in his drawer and thought those could use a fresh wash too. It's a rabbit hole.
  • @NicholeL16 Omg, I would have flipped if someone had said that to me. People are so friggin rude. Stop commenting on how big pregnant women are!!!

I kept getting "You're going to have that baby by the end of this week!" That was quite a few weeks ago.  Now I just avoid people cause I'm tired of the comments. Only DH is allowed to say how big I am.... cause he's all giddy when he says it and it's cute. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @NicholeL16 & @krzyriver I feel your pain. Sadly, I've gotten to the point where I preempt the,"You're huge!" comments by throwing out there first how big I am/feel. Even as I say it, I'm annoyed with myself. But, it's become my defense mechanism. 

I also lie about my due date by saying, "any day now!" when strangers ask, so that they don't follow up with, "OMG! You have how much time left?!" 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @krzyriver I totally agree. My fiancé and I talk about how big and strong our baby is getting all the time. Mostly when he is moving my entire belly around! That's different than someone else talking about how big my baby is going to be.
  • @F47 I've been doing the same with the "any day now" especially after my BP scare but now everyone looks shocked every morning when I walk in the office. "You're STILL here?!" Yes people, still pregnant, thanks.
  • I hate going anywhere in public because everyone wants to know the status of my cervix.  Dudes. Just stop.. my vagina is not a reality show, you will know when she's here because I'm an aw and she will be on facebook!
  • Yea I also usually respond with "huge" when people ask me how I'm feeling. People I guess don't want to hear that I'm actually feeling ok? I guess they like their preggos to be miserable. Whatever. 

My dad yesterday told me I still looked really good, but definitely haven't dropped yet. I told him my pelvis would disagree with him, because I can finally breathe and actually eat a normal sized meal again, and I got a GIANT cervix punch yesterday (although I left out the cervix comment).

Then today on Facebook I posted
    "Heaven help me if the rest of my day is anything like my commute this morning."
    He comments with "Hang in there Boo, (now everyone knows that's my nickname for you) you don't have that much longer to go."
    Wtf does my commute have to do with being pregnant...? I'm still going to have a commute after he's here...

Something about pregnancy just brings out EVERYBODY'S opinion. 
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • What a b*tch! @NicholeL16... I mean, what do you even say to something like that and how does someone think that's acceptable to say?!
  • @annabenanna I've been tested for toxoplasmosis every month because I wasn't immune. From what I've read it's most dangerous early on. Also, the most likely way to contract it is through cat litter. If you've had cats (especially outdoor cats) there's a pretty high chance you were already exposed and therefore not at risk from your steak!
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @annabenanna I've been tested for toxoplasmosis every month because I wasn't immune. From what I've read it's most dangerous early on. Also, the most likely way to contract it is through cat litter. If you've had cats (especially outdoor cats) there's a pretty high chance you were already exposed and therefore not at risk from your steak!
    I forgot toxoplasmosis was what you can contract from cat liter. And since I know you have a cat @annabenanna, definitely don't stress. While they don't recommend you cleaning the liter box while pregnant (or eating steak tartare) they do say that people who own cats are typically not at risk for toxoplasmosis because they are exposed to it when they clean the liter box. Immunity or decreased sensitivity I assume. Breathe easy mama.  ;)

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• So. Tired. I was up for two hours with low grade but consistent contractions. I made DH get me a huge glass of water, which did the trick but unfortunately freaked him out. Now he's going to keep flinching whenever I look at him sideways. We have 4 weeks to go, don't start panicking yet guy!

@annabenanna I'm sorry you're stressing- I'm sure everything is fine! While on the "naughty" list, if you had to have steak tartare it's better to have it from somewhere reputable. If it's a hugely popular item on the menu I'm sure the restaurant hasn't had issues in the past :)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I feel like those of us that will have October babies are actually in the minority at this point - sooo many sweet September babies! Is anyone keeping count? (Hard to utilize the birth announcement thread as an accurate source since there are so many drive bys!)
  • I almost think it's almost time for me to actually reactivity my Facebook account. I feel like I'm missing out. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats to the ladies who are actually getting October babies haha! 

Also this is super random: @CopperBoom86 I know we once had a thread where we explained out usernames, but I forget. Is your a gilmore girks reference?
  • @OrangeEv - It is! I'm a huge GG fan! It's also a nod to my "copper" colored hair. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Im re-watching from the beginning to prepare for the mini-season release! Love my GGs!
    Me too! I just got to the part where we meet April for the first time. I dread that part every single time I watch it. If it wasn't for her, L & L would've never broken up. Stupid friggin April! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • MRSCORKER said:
    Im re-watching from the beginning to prepare for the mini-season release! Love my GGs!
    Me too! I just got to the part where we meet April for the first time. I dread that part every single time I watch it. If it wasn't for her, L & L would've never broken up. Stupid friggin April! 
    Right?! I wonder if she's in the re-boot and what became of her. I just started this week so I'm still back in season 1. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited September 2016
    @MRSCORKER - According to this article, she will be back. Boo. 

https://www.gilmorenews.com/gilmore-girls-revival-actors/

Is it weird that I was super excited to see that Paul Anka will be back?!  :D

Edit: I made the mistake of clicking on the Paul Anka return announcement... Turns out he'll be played by a different dog. Sad! But the original Paul Anka is still alive, so that's good news! (I'm clearly way too invested in this show lol)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I just fell and landed on my rump in my kitchen while cleaning,am so scared right now,am just 36 weeks gone. Am just laying down and praying all is well.
  • I just fell and landed on my rump in my kitchen while cleaning,am so scared right now,am just 36 weeks gone. Am just laying down and praying all is well.
    Ouch I'm sorry! I hope your alright!
     I slipped and fell yesterday on the running board of my truck and caught myself but totally wacked my vagina on the edge of the seat. Ouch is all I can say. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @F47, glad you're getting to WFH!  That's super helpful, I bet.  Also, cereal for lunch, FTW! :)