Pregnant after IF

***3rd Trimester Check-in/Week of September 26***

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: What are some of your favorite Fall foods/treats? Any recommendations or recipes you want to share? 

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well! 

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:
@Piperella: EDD 10/2/16 with a little boy
@Morningstar80: EDD 10/18/16 with a little boy
@laur2444: EDD 10/19/16 with a little boy
@Jerseygirl856: EDD 10/20/16 with a little girl
@sassysd7: EDD 10/31/16 with a little girl and a little boy
@tvh1982: EDD 11/11/16 with a little girl
@ZoeFer: EDD 11/14/16 with a little girl
@Rachd110: EDD 11/19/16 on team green
@mskeenan: EDD 11/20/16 with a little boy
@capps42613: EDD 12/6/16 with a little boy
@kuposa17: EDD 12/7/16 with a little boy
@erica0901: EDD 12/8/16 with a little boy 

Re: ***3rd Trimester Check-in/Week of September 26***

• Hi ladies! Sorry for the late posting, I'm down to my last two days of work before I start maternity leave and things have been hectic. 
    I'm 36w5d and will start my weekly follow-ups this Wednesday. I'm scheduled for one more ultrasound this Wednesday and my first NST. Can't believe I'm in the home stretch. Still have so many things left to do. 
    QOTW: I love the Fall season and all things pumpkin! I can buy pumpkin pie all year round but it just tastes much better this time of year. 
  • No worries @jerseygirl856.
    Wow you are almost there, and yay for almost having maternity leave.
    I can relate to days being hectic, as I am in my last week before maternity leave too..and everybody wants something from me at work..one last thing, before you go.. pfff

This week babywise nothing happens. No checkups until next week when I am back in NL.
    She moves a lot, but less than she did before..but when she does she kinda hurts me as she kicks on very uncomfortable spaces. But I'll take it. 
    She has hick-ups everyday..which tickle, but those I can actually film and send to my sister :smile:

Still drowning in paperwork, and do a step forward and two back, but the finish line is close before my move. Had to buy an extra suitcase for all the presents I got, but I am ready to leave Norway and start a new life.

QOTW: I'm trying to think if we have traditional fall season food..but its not very common. 
    We start eating "Stamppot" (English: Mash pot) : it is a traditional Dutch dish made from a combination of potatoes mashed with one or several other vegetables or fruits. And the one I like is with carrots and onion. So kinda look forward to eating that, once the weather cools down, as I saw on pictures that it is still full on summer back home.

I did have my first ever pumpkin spice latte at starbuck..as we have gotten a starbucks last year and this year they serve it..and I do like the flavour. I also tried my very first pumkin pie a few years back when I joined thanksgiving in San Fran..and I do see why one would like that...so might try to make my own...
    Anyone has a recipe?

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats to @jerseygirl856 and @tvh1982 on their last week of work!!!  Today is my last day as well because I go to the hospital tomorrow to start the induction process.  I'll be 39w3d tomorrow when I go in.  They are starting me off with cervidil in the evening and then hopefully I can sleep.  Hopefully when I wake up, we will be ready to go for the full induction Thursday morning.  As of last Thursday, the LO was 7lbs2oz, so hopefully he'll be about 7.5 pounds when he's born after another week of baking.  I'll try my best to keep you all updated over the next few days!

Congrats, @laur2444 on getting your induction date.  They are inducing me because the baby was an IVF/ICSI baby... I thought it was a bit odd they wouldn't let me go past 40 weeks, but it is what it is.  I never thought about the placenta giving out.  

QOTW: What are some of your favorite Fall foods/treats? Any recommendations or recipes you want to share?  This is random, but I love the Wawa Turkey bowls.  It's like thanksgiving in a bowl (mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and gravy).  I also like that it will get cooler so I can enjoy some really nice cups of black tea at home.  I'll be going through tons of Twinings English Breakfast tea this fall because I'll be home.
  • So exciting @Piperella!!! Yes please keep me posted as to how it goes! I wish my hospital did it like that and had you go in the night before....we have to be there Tuesday at 5:30am....it's not like I'm going to sleep the night before anyway!! Best of luck and can't wait for updates!!!
  • Wow @laur2444 and @Piperella how exciting is that to have an end date! Good luck you two and I can't wait to read your birth announcement! 
    @tvh1982 amazing how fast these months are going. I usually buy my pie from a bakery or local supermarket as I'm not that great of a baker. However you may find a variety of recipes online ranging from easy to made from scratch. 
    @Piperella I love Wawa turkey bowls as well! One of the many signs that fall is upon us. 

@laur2444 I've been stocking up on my k cups since the beginning of the month! One of my post partum indulgence is a regular cup of coffee! 
  • @Piperella & @laur2444 holy cow! I'm excited for you both! 

AFM- 30 weeks this week. I go to see MFM on Thursday after a decent break from them. They will do a cervix check only to give me the clearance to fly next week & a growth scan. Can't wait to hear how much this bugger weighs now! 

QOTW: the past few falls I've been making my own caramel apples. Pretty easy.. melt the caramel, dip the apple in it, and roll it in crushed nuts lol 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thank you @Jerseygirl856 and @capps42613! You can be sure I'll be filling everyone in from the hospital!
    hope you get the go ahead to fly @capps42613 and everything goes well with your appointment!! And yessss for real coffee again @jerseygirl856!! I've been so good and have had virtually no caffeine these past 9 months, but fall
    coffee flavors are too hard to resist! 
  • Such exciting news @laur2444 and @Piperella!! Can´t wait for your updates!

AFM I am 37w+1d. Went to the doctor yesterday and everything looks good. LO is still head down and appears to weigh about 7 pounds. I am hoping that this is my last week of work before maternity leave but it depends on my family doctor not my OBGYN. So hopefully she is feeling generous when I see her because these swollen feet, ankles and hands cannot handle the office and my commute on public transportation anymore. 

QOTW: I have been eating a lot of apples but no fall season recipes yet. It is still about 80 degrees here so it still feels like summer...
  • So exited that you soon will meet your LO @piperella and @laur2444.
    Just wondering though...they induce you girls because of IVF? Or are there other complications? I'm wondering as why they wouldn't let you go until baby is ready.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• So excited for both of you, @Piperella and @laur2444 !! Cannot wait to hear updates.

Not too much is new with me, I have a regular appointment on Thursday and then I start every other week appointments. DH was able to paint the nursery over the weekend and my in laws came in to help to organize the house which was nice. I cannot wait to order the furniture and finish setting up the nursery!

QOTW: I admit that I am a pumpkin lover! I do however force myself to wait until at least October/ the weather has to be cooler for me to enjoy. It's still in the 70s where I live so no pumpkin spice latte for me just yet!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Wow such exciting news this week, best of luck with your deliveries @Piperella @laur2444 next week !!

I am 33 weeks this week. I am doing mostly okay, except feeling very weak and light headed in the mornings. I feel so lucky that I normally just walk to work. I had to use public transportation yesterday morning and I had another `almost` passing out episode on the bus. I felt very scared. Now I am taking my iron pills and trying to eat more meat/protein but I dont think it is working yet. Other than this problem, I am doing well. 

QOTW: I guess anything with apple (apple picking is a big thing in NY) could be fall specific but I do not have any recipes. I love hot apple cider. We are planning to do some apple picking next weekend.
  • @tvh1982 for me, my guy is very small. They are worried there is a potential problem with my placenta delivering nutrients to him, which is causing him to grow at a slower rate (even though he has been following growth curve, it's at lower percentile than normal) They have been checking me twice weekly, and all has been well, but they don't want to risk waiting around until my placenta potentially fails, which would be detrimental to him. Therefore they said once im full term (today) we can go in and take him out to ensure all goes well!!  But yes I was also IVF!
  • Hi ladies! Just returning from my maternal fetal medicine appt/NST and it appears my LO is breech and the doctor doesn't believe she will flip this late in the pregnancy so they advised a scheduled c section. I had to reschedule my OB appt until tomorrow so I will see what she thinks. 
  • Thank you for the explanation @laur2444
    I suddenly had an ah-ha moment as I remember you talking about it last week or week before.
    Definitely get him out of there to ensure all is well. 
    sending you and @piperella some good and warm thoughts for healty babies.

I'm sorry to hear @jerseygirl856 that she hasn't turned.
    Will they try to turn her? I know they do that in NL, depending on placenta and amount of amniotic fluid.
    They try to get the baby to do a somersault, but it doesn't always work and is very comfortable for you.

• @tvh1982 don't Worry I know it's so hard to keep everyone's stories straight!!!
    @jerseygirl856 good luck with your appointment!! Maybe your doctor will give you a different opinion. If not, looks like all of us are getting babies sooner rather than later! 
  • @tvh1982 one of the options was to externally massage my stomach to try to turn her but according to the doctor, that option works about 50% of the time and it comes with risks. He also stated that for me personally it would be less than 50% chance of it being successful. He seemed shocked that she turned because my last ultrasound she was head down.
    @laur2444 thanks! Thays exactly what I told hubby on the drive home. We agreed that it doesn't matter how we just want her here and healthy. Sending you positive t & p for a safe delivery!
  • sassysd7sassysd7 member
    edited September 2016
    Hello ladies! It has been so long. Sorry for not updating! The twins and I are doing great. I am 35+2 weeks. My baby boy A who we are naming Drayton is 5lbs 3oz and my baby girl B is Aubrey and is 5lbs 6oz. We are going to the MFM doctor every week. Our last visit will be Monday. My last OB appointment will be Wednesday. I am being induced starting on the 6th at 5pm with Cervidil and then actually induction on Friday Morning. I have been feeling great despite having a short cervix and the babies have been holding on. I am worried about decreased movement but I just keep a record of when they last moved. I am terrible at kick counts. I also check their heart rates 3 times a day like we do at work for our patients. I had my baby shower and I have almost everything ready. I packed my hospital bag but idk if I have everything. I have a new car and the car seats are in. I will post a picture from my maternity shoot.

What do you all place in your hospital bag?

QOTW: What are some of your favorite Fall foods/treats? Any recommendations or recipes you want to share? 
    I don't cook my favorites, I just buy lol. I love pumpkin bread and a pumpkin spice latter with chai from starbucks. I love fall in general. My hubby's grandmother makes the best sweet potato pie! 

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • @sassysd7 good to hear from you! It's amazing that you've been able to keep those babies in as long as you have. I remember your cervix issues earlier on. Looking forward to your maternity pix!
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Went to see my MFM doc today. He weighs 3lb 10oz & still head down. I got the clearance to travel as my cervix is measuring long & closed! Doc says everything is progressing beautifully and doesn't think I need to go back to MFM anymore unless there is a problem. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @capps42613 so happy to hear that things are going great, wishing you happy and safe travels! 
  • Love reading all the updates on here and how close we ladies are to the finish line!
    This tread just makes me happy knowing we are so close to meeting our LO(s) we worked for so hard.

• Hi ladies, update #2 is my OB agreed with the MFM Doctor so I'm scheduled for a c section in 2 weeks! Amazing to know the exact date she will be born. Now we are focused on getting everything complete so we can squeeze in one more weekend getaway before our LO arrives. 
  • @sassysd7 your photo is so beautiful! My experience with edgepark was very smooth, i put the order one afternoon and tge pump was at my door the next day. It was so quick i couldnot believe. 
    There are three scheduled deliveries next week in the group, so exciting! Best of luck to all of you, looking forward to hearing your good news
  • @sassysd7 beautiful picture! 
    ****Siggy TW****
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • You look beautiful together @sassysd7!

• Beautiful picture @sassysd7!!!!!