Thursday PP Thread 9/29

von1976von1976 member
edited September 2016 in October 2016 Moms
How many weeks PP?

How is LO doing?

Upcoming appointments:

Rants/Raves:

Parenting/PP Questions:

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

Re: Thursday PP Thread 9/29

• How many weeks PP?
    2, almost three.

How is LO doing?
    They are both doing so much better now that we are home. If we could just get this sleep thing figured out (mostly get them on a similar schedule), that would be great.

Upcoming appointments:
    Lots. Both boys need sleep studies, ultrasounds of their kidneys, follow-up appointments with renal Doctor, Jack needs to a cardio follow-up, and we have a regular pedi Appt. next week.

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: my toddler is neglected and it makes me feel terrible. I really need to get a routine in when my mom leaves tomorrow.

Rave: thanks for BF/pumping, I'm back in my PP clothes and it makes me feel so much better about myself. It took FOREVER to drop the weight after DD.
    Parenting/PP Questions:
    Moms of older sibs, how did you devote time to your other kids? I feel like I'm constantly asking her to "hold on a minute" because I'm dealing with the twins. I don't want long term side effects from neglect.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • missmaehurtmissmaehurt member
    edited September 2016
    @nlane0723 I'm a FTM so this may not be helpful or feasible, but maybe set aside a specific hour during the day when the twins are napping to do a special activity with your daughter like coloring or whatever she's into. Or if she's old enough, include her with helping with the twins.

How many weeks PP?
    One day shy of 2 weeks. 

How is LO doing?
    Doing fairly well, she's gained some of her weight back, it's not exactly where they want her to be, but she's getting there. 

Upcoming appointments:
    Another lactation consultant appointment Tuesday and I think a peds appointment as well. 

Rants/Raves:
    I love all the skin to skin time and baby cuddles we get while BF. What I don't love is my dog decided breast milk is delicious too and ate one of my pumps. I could kill him. 

Parenting/PP Questions:
    Husband is going back to work on Monday, I'm slightly concerned I'm not going to be able to do everything on my own. I could call any of our parents and they'd come help, but I'm really hoping to get a good routine down for us on my own. 
  • Loading the player...
  • How many weeks PP?
    1 week

How is LO doing?
    She's doing well. She sleeps really well at night (humble brag, sorry y'all!) only up two or three times to eat. 

Upcoming appointments:
    Next Thursday for a 2 week checkup. She lost another ounce at her 5 day check and if she isn't up to her birth weight by next Thursday the doctor is going to have me start waking her at night to eat more. I about cried when she said that! It does seem like she's nursing more during the day now so hopefully that won't happen!

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I know the kids are excited about another baby. But oh my gosh, they are constantly in her face. It doesn't help that they all have cold from the depths of hell. They've never been this sick before! 

Rave: I made it all through yesterday without crying!

Parenting/PP Questions:
    None right now.

Baby 1 - 10/2010 | Baby 2 - 8/2012 | Baby 3 - 6/2014 | Baby 4 - EDD 8/2016 - MC 12-27-2015 | Baby 5 - : 9/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How many weeks PP?
    1week tomorrow 

How is LO doing?
    He's doing pretty good today! He gained an ounce and took a whole bottle by mouth this morning. They are going to alternate tube feeding and bottle feeding-so far he is on trying 3 bottle feeds a day. And they have started weaning him off the isolet today as well, so if he maintains body temp he'll be able to go into a crib tomorrow!

Upcoming appointments:
    Still in the NICU, so just whatever they need to do to get him growing each day!

Rants/Raves:
    The nurses in the NICU have been great! The layout of the hospital isn't the best though...too many buildings and hard to navigate from the parking decks. But I've been there so much that it's just second nature to me now.

Parenting/PP Questions:
    When do the random bouts of crying (by me) stop?! 

Pregnancy Ticker

• @bamacoop My random sobbing stopped about a week and a half PP. I can tell I'm still more emotional than normal, but I can at least control the tears now. 
  • @bamacoop my PP crying with DS1 lasted a good two weeks. I would literally just be sitting and tears would fall down and I'd have no idea why! It's definitely a little alarming especially if you aren't expecting that to happen!