February 2017 Moms

UO 9/29

I didn't see this started yet.

Let the UOs fly and may the odds be ever in your favor!

Big Bro 7/14/13
Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   

Re: UO 9/29

• Loading the player...
  • According to my playlist post my UO is that an unplanned cesarean birth can be amazing.
    I totally agree!
  • My UO is that Adele's music is getting really old. How many times does she have to sing about being "over" the same dude and having moved on before she convinces herself she's really over him? We get it, Adele. You've moved on. You don't have to include that detail in every song you write. 
    I could never get into her. 
    My music UO: I enjoy EDM. Especially Dubstep. 

• @Janefelicity and @BumpasaurusRex  I had a whole thing typed out about Rumple Minze!! Then I saw BumpasaurusRex had it too lol... I won't put my whole post but I had too much Rumple Minze and had to switch tooth paste for several years lol and I avoided anything minty at all costs lol I also got over it, but I still won't drink the Rumple Minze.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love Rumple Minze!! 
  • YAAAAS EDM. Guess what my birth playlist consists of ;)
  • kswiger06 said:
    @Janefelicity and @BumpasaurusRex  I had a whole thing typed out about Rumple Minze!! Then I saw BumpasaurusRex had it too lol... I won't put my whole post but I had too much Rumple Minze and had to switch tooth paste for several years lol and I avoided anything minty at all costs lol I also got over it, but I still won't drink the Rumple Minze.
    Add me to list of mint haters due to over indulging on Rumple Minze. I still won't eat candy canes and only buy cinnamon toothpaste.  
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Bahahaha! I would say "no chance" but my 2.5-year-old tailored playlist through my streaming service of choice is now only accessible through paid subscription. So, starting from scratch on a new service. Hopefully I can weed out the whiny/annoying drivel again without too much effort.
  • My UO is that Adele's music is getting really old. How many times does she have to sing about being "over" the same dude and having moved on before she convinces herself she's really over him? We get it, Adele. You've moved on. You don't have to include that detail in every song you write. 
    <3 Adele and I don't care who knows it!
  • homemake said:
    UO: I love the idea of Santa and plan to integrate this into our holiday celebrations for as many years as I can.  We've always told DS what Christmas is about, the spirit of giving, etc. but I love the magic of it all.  

I firmly believe that my kids won't grow up one day pondering why their parents lied to them all those years.  
    That can't be an UO. I'm Jewish and I love Santa and Christmas and now get to celebrate it because I married a non Jew. I love it!  
    Believe it or not, some of our parent friends have recently decided to do away with Santa because they feel it's lying to their kids.  I mean, I get the sentiment but come on, it's just for fun.  Sometimes the world can be a little shitty so why not create some magic?  What's the harm?

I totally agree with all of this. 
  • homemake said:
    UO: I love the idea of Santa and plan to integrate this into our holiday celebrations for as many years as I can.  We've always told DS what Christmas is about, the spirit of giving, etc. but I love the magic of it all.  

I firmly believe that my kids won't grow up one day pondering why their parents lied to them all those years.  
    That can't be an UO. I'm Jewish and I love Santa and Christmas and now get to celebrate it because I married a non Jew. I love it!  
    Believe it or not, some of our parent friends have recently decided to do away with Santa because they feel it's lying to their kids.  I mean, I get the sentiment but come on, it's just for fun.  Sometimes the world can be a little shitty so why not create some magic?  What's the harm?

I see some flaws in their logic. Team Santa all the way.
  • @LivingLaVidaGinger agreed on Adele. Yes her voice is beautiful, but it's the same story again and again and again....
  • @kswiger06 I can't do bumper stickers either. I mean, I LOVE stickers. But I hate putting them on things because, *gasp* whatever gets stickered may be replaced someday. I realize how illogical it is to be arguably more attached to the darn sticker than to my car/computer/whatever vastly more valuable item would otherwise be stickered. But I can't help it. The only one I ever put on is a small black cutout of my state with a tiny clear heart over the area I live, and it's on a very sentimental vehicle I know I'll never be able to part with.
  • Just a heads up with the magnetic bumper stickers, Be sure to move them around every once in a while. If they are in the same spot for too long it can actually pull paint off your car.
  • My mom had a magnet bumper sticker on her car of a picture of the kind of dog she has. We went through a car wash with it still on. Wasn't on by the time we got through the car wash haha I'm an asshole for laughing about this I know because she was all sad about it. She had just ordered it and got it like the day before this happened. Neither of us realized until we were already halfway through
  • Lol at team Santa. I guess that makes mine the UO. It's ok. I used to halfway believe the reason I never got pregnant was because my kids would feel deprived. The hardest part to me will be training my kids not to bust the bubbles of any team Santa kids. We'll see if I cave into the enormous pressure to play along with the various childhood mythologies when they are old enough to feel it. But I hope I will be clever and creative enough, and my kids will be oddball enough like me that we have a life full of imagination and magic and sharing anyhow.