February 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change (9/29)

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

When is your next appointment? 

Symptom changes? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: what has been your strangest craving so far during pregnancy? 
First BFP: 12/16/13
EDD: 08/23/14
Baby BOY born: 08/29/14

Re: Thursday Ticker Change (9/29)

• @concreteangell the measurements get weird after 19 weeks. Bananas, carrots, endives... these might be the right length comparison, but they don't help you imagine the cute moon bellied baby. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @floatingelephy a carrot is so vague though, lol. There's so many different lengths when it comes to carrots!
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • feelingjovanifeelingjovani member
    edited September 2016
    How far along are you? 
    19 weeks

How big is baby? 
    Four-toed hedgehog or a gameboy

I have 2 next week.  One with a nutritionist and the other is an u/s

Symptom changes? 
    My nips have been killing me.  Now that it's getting cold out they get super hard and are sore when that happens.

Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My position is being eliminated at the end of December due to the funding ending.  I met with HR to get my official layoff notice (ugh) but the good thing is that they pay me my full salary and benefits for at least 3 months.  I work for a large Ivy League university and they give you that 3 months to try to find a new job within the university and if you don't you then get severance pay.  So at least I'm not in as bad shape as I thought and I'll get a paycheck for a while.

I don't think I've really craved anything weird, maybe just things that are weird for me like PB&J since I hadn't eaten it in years.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 
    19 weeks!
    How big is baby? 
    Pint of icecream or a gameboy
    10/21 - repeat A/S
    Symptom changes? 
    More movement for sure and the belly is groooowing <3
    Rant/Rave/Questions? 
    My nesting has been in overdrive the last few days....so much so that I have been getting reminded by DH and FIL to take it easy, and FIL keeps stepping in to take over so I will relax. It is nice to have the support, but boy I have been in overdrive wanting to organize and yesterday I went through all my clothes like a crazy person and have a huge bag of donations
    Hmm...nothing weird per say, but lots of nitrate free bacon and sweet bell peppers lately. Before that it was potatoes....the only off thing is lately I have been enjoying chocolate even though I usually am not a fan unless it is chocolate milk or cadberry creme eggs. FIL has been bringing me pieces of chocolate cake here and there and I have been really liking it lol, normally I would pass.  
  • How far along are you? 
    21 weeks!

How big is baby? 
    size of a chipotle burrito (I like the bowls better  ;) )

Oct 18

Symptom changes? 
    dry legs, I had others but I forgot, must not be too bad lol

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

I don't feel like I've really had any major pregnancy related cravings. I've had times that I'd rather eat something specific but that happens not pregnant too. I think the craziest food related thing I have going on is that I have a ton of foods that I don't want to eat anymore. Like chicken, I currently hate chicken. I have been wanting steak and roast since I got my BFP but I've only had steak once (my husband isn't much of a red meat eater, he likes burgers but everything else is just meh to him)... my birthday is this next coming Wednesday and if anyone wants to treat me to dinner, im ready to tell them steak or home made roast. I'm really hoping to score both somehow lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 I feel like I've heard a lot of women say they have an aversion to chicken.  It's really interesting because it seems pretty neutral but there must be something about it that turns people off from it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? size of a mango

When is your next appointment? 10/05 ultrasound and ob appointment (it's also DH's b-day!)

Symptom changes? I am feeling a lot better, I just have a short fuse lol 

Rant/Rave/Questions? I'm starting to think about freezer meals when baby comes. 3 kids 3 and under is going to be crazy for a little bit and my husband can't cook.

What are your favorite crock pot or go-to meals that can be easily frozen?

GTKY: what has been your strangest craving so far during pregnancy? I haven't had any strange cravings lately. My biggest craving has been honeycrisp apple slices with carmel dip.
  • @CurlyCupcake21 I know! There must be something about the chicken but if I cook it I force myself to eat 3 bites and I'm done.

@AliJorgensen29 you DH shares a bday with myself and perrasucia!! That must be like a nice gift to get the ultrasound on his bday!!

And I usually am not big on crockpot meals, but I'm planning on making a bunch of soups and freezing them. Those will heat up easily. I'll start saving leftover beef chunks and freeze them then once I get enough throw them in a pot with my favorite vegetables and some broth and a can of tomato sauce, turn it into vegetable beef soup. Then hopefully freeze it instead of eat it. Yum! Now I want some now lol

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 19 weeks

How big is baby? A hotdog

When is your next appointment? OB checkup next monday

Symptom changes? I still feel vaguely awesome. Like normal, +5%
    I felt the first kicks in the last few days, and feel like I'm stretching

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: what has been your strangest craving so far during pregnancy?  I only craved hot sauce, and then it disappeared at 13 weeks or so and I actively don't want spicy stuff.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you?  20 weeks tomorrow!!

How big is baby?  Mango

When is your next appointment?  Anatomy Scan this coming Tuesday, can't wait!

Symptom changes?  My boobs feel pretty normal again (aside from a lot bigger), not painful to touch

Rant/Rave/Questions?  

GTKY: what has been your strangest craving so far during pregnancy?  Peaches.  I made 3 peach pies, and then have been eating cut up peaches with a tiny bit of sugar and lemon zest on them every day - I don't know!  It isn't something I've ever even eaten before, but its like crack to me right now.  My husband asks me every time he goes to the store if I'm ok on my peach level or if I need some more.  Its crazy.