February 2017 Moms

Appointments week of 9/26

2»

Re: Appointments week of 9/26

• @Gretchypoo GOOD LUCK!!! I hope everything turns out okay for you and the little one!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone. I'm super bummed and I'm really hoping this test goes well.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be thinking of you @gretchypoo

Sorry to be a downer, but my appointment today sucked. My new OB made me feel ashamed about my weight. I miss my old one where I used to live. She was also rushing me through the whole thing and the old one never did that. It took her forever to find the baby's heartbeat, but she found it so that's good. That seems typical for me though this time around.

Then she told me I have a hernia that will need to be dealt with after I have the baby. Um ok. The nasty glucose drink was a waste of my time too. Right after I drank it they had me speak to a patient advocate services person who helps people with housing and her and I got so wrapped up in discussing that stuff that we went over the time I was supposed to go to the lab and get the blood work done so they will have to redo it Friday. Oh well. 
  • Jab3 said:
    I'll be thinking of you @gretchypoo

Sorry to be a downer, but my appointment today sucked. My new OB made me feel ashamed about my weight. I miss my old one where I used to live. She was also rushing me through the whole thing and the old one never did that. It took her forever to find the baby's heartbeat, but she found it so that's good. That seems typical for me though this time around.

Then she told me I have a hernia that will need to be dealt with after I have the baby. Um ok. The nasty glucose drink was a waste of my time too. Right after I drank it they had me speak to a patient advocate services person who helps people with housing and her and I got so wrapped up in discussing that stuff that we went over the time I was supposed to go to the lab and get the blood work done so they will have to redo it Friday. Oh well. 
    That sucks! The nasty drink is awful, I'm sorry you have to repeat it. I'm also sorry your OB was a jerk. *hugs* and yay heartbeat!
  • Good luck @Gretchypoo!! FX for you!

Is the drink orange flavored? Ugh I hate orange flavored things (ask my husband, I sort out the candy I eat by flavor and give him all the orange ones)... Oddly enough I love oranges and orange juice its just the fake tasting stuff that is really gross to me. My OB said they'll give me my drink at my 22 week appointment and I'll do the test at my 26 week appointment and I'm not looking forward to it. 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• Good luck @Gretchypoo!! FX for you!

Is the drink orange flavored? Ugh I hate orange flavored things (ask my husband, I sort out the candy I eat by flavor and give him all the orange ones)... Oddly enough I love oranges and orange juice its just the fake tasting stuff that is really gross to me. My OB said they'll give me my drink at my 22 week appointment and I'll do the test at my 26 week appointment and I'm not looking forward to it. 
    There are a few flavors. Mine was like a weird sprite. I thought it was pretty good just SO sweet obviously. I think people are divided on whether the drink is awful and not bad.
  • Mine was "fruit punch " apparently people like the orange better, my other option was lemon lime.
  • @TeacherMom2517 I would honestly recommend seeing a PT to help find what may work for you. Apparently my hips were off alignment and twisting so my exercises are to fix that. She was saying a lot of people need to stretch their butt muscles and the sides of their legs because sometimes if they're too tight it can cause hip pain etc. Also icing and heating can help with the pain. 
  • @marriedhamstermom I know the one my MW practice uses is orange flavored, and I feel like most people I talk to refer to it as the "orange drink". Hopefully it's not too bad! I feel about banana flavored things the way you feel about orange flavored things. Love bananas, but fake banana flavor is the worst.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • A/S is tomorrow. I have to have it done at the hospital with a MFM doctor because they want to get a look at my cysts live. Ugh. And DH might not be able to come with me!! It's the end of the month at work and he's totally swamped. I am almost considering bringing my 6  year old just so I don't have to go alone....
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @krob yay London!! We'll want to see a picture of something fab you did :-)
  • A/S is this afternoon. I had two dreams last night where we were at the ultrasound and BOTH times I woke up right when they were about to tell us the gender! 3 pm cannot come soon enough!!!
  • Good luck today lfrank12 :) mine is at the same time today.
  • Sorry meant to put @lfrank12. Also good luck to @starfish113
  • Jab3 said:
    Good luck today lfrank12 :) mine is at the same time today.
    Good luck to you too! Hoping for good news all around :)
  • My GD 3 hr fasting test is today. So I won't be able to eat for another 5 hours... this is not good for my disposition... I tend to get hangry.
  • @Gretchypoo That does NOT sound like fun. Good luck with the test and I hope you get good results!
  • My GD 3 hr fasting test is today. So I won't be able to eat for another 5 hours... this is not good for my disposition... I tend to get hangry.
    Ohhh no! I scheduled mine first thing in the morning last time because I knew I wouldn't make it.
  • @Gretchypoo oh no! Good luck today, I hope you have a nice big lunch lined up for after your appointment!
  • @Gretchypoo Eek, that sounds miserable! Good luck with the test!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 15 hrs of no food or water, 4 blood draws and that nasty sugar water, I ate a sandwich faster than a starving pack of piranhas.
    Did they give you your numbers? 
  • @TeacherMom2517 I'm so glad to hear baby has enough fluid & things went ok!!! Yay!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @PerraSucia & @TeacherMom2517 so glad it was good news for you both! & @Gretchypoo fingers crossed youll have good news next week too!