February 2017 Moms

Birth Playlists

I think about half of us are about halfway to our EDD's and I am already getting ready to setup a birth playlist. I *think* I am going to have 2- 4 separate playlists to keep me in the mood. JW what everyone else has planned. I know with hypnobirthing the sooner and more often you "practice" the better, so I hope to be able to listen to these playlists over the next few months to train myself in a semi-hypno-birthing sort of way. 

My two schemas (schemata?) are this-

Schema (A) 
  •  Playlist 1 for early labor and afterbirth-nursing (calming, loving, nurturing, even mellow- I personally advise my clients to sleep as much as they can in early labor)
  • Playlist 2 for active, transitional and pushing (definitely more upbeat, very rhythmic, empowering)
Schema (B) 
  • Playlist 1 for early labor
  • Playlist 2 for active/transitional labor
  • Playlist 3 for pushing
  • Playlist 4 for afterbirth-nursing 
I guess it just depends on how knitty gritty I get. I will probably go with A so I am not worried about me or anyone else switching playlists around. I am looking into getting The Rhythm Within , which a doula helped to put together and I've heard amazing things about in doula circles, but I am still unsure. (link:https://www.prodoula.com/product/the-rhythm-within-2-cd-set/) (not an advertisement)

Anyway, lets all share our "Birth Soundtracks" .. please?

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Birth Playlists

• Loading the player...
  • I didn't even know this was a thing!
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yogadevilyogadevil member
    edited September 2016
    I've got a playlist going of mostly Creedance Clearwater Rev, Van Morrison and Eric Clapton so far. I like to clean and cook to oldies like that so I figure I'll just have Spotify make me a station based off those artists so I don't have to mess with it further.

Other than that I have a new-agey CD of music my dad used to play on the sailboat when I was little. The album itself is seriously 25-30+ years old and I just call it my "Sailing Music." It always takes me back to a really simple time in my life even nowadays I can listen to it on repeat daily and it relaxes me every time. Im used to meditating to it pretty often so im hoping it can snap me into a relaxed mindset the moment I hear it. It happens to be on Spotify as well so I'm all set :) I'm not going to micromanage different playlist for early labor/active labor/pushing/etc since I've never given birth before and have a feeling I won't be as aware of what I "should" be listening to at each step. I'll just play it by ear and hope for the best!
  • MrsDramaK said:
    DH and I are just gonna blast Eye of the Tiger on repeat.
    OMG I wish I could love that twice! I honestly listen to that song before big meetings and stuff to get myself mentally prepared to go in and kill it!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @perrasucia kinda random, but have you ever seen the show Chuck?
  • I never knew this was a thing either! I wonder how permissive the midwives will be at the hospital I chose. I live overseas and things can be pretty different here. *lurker from march'17*
  • I have been working on ideas for mine. I always like an eclectic music mix, so I'm just doing one whole labor playlist.

My style is a mixture of 70s love songs, classic/southern rock, modern day ballads, and several other things. Basically if it's unusual, or melodic, I like it.

DH told me I'm going to have my music going, and it's going to confuse the nurses. "Why are they chanting Ooga Chaca in that room?" 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @srscott3 no! is it any good?
  • @perrasucia DH and I loved it, and I still sometimes re-watch the series on netflix. But I asked because when one of the characters went in to labor, two other characters (musicians) went to the hospital and did a performance of salt n peppa's push it :p
  • srscott3 said:
    @perrasucia DH and I loved it, and I still sometimes re-watch the series on netflix. But I asked because when one of the characters went in to labor, two other characters (musicians) went to the hospital and did a performance of salt n peppa's push it :p
    get up on this.. <3
  • Mine will be super random, but I'll share as I work on it! I'm not even sure if you're supposed to use music with hypnobabies but I'll definitely make one in case the plan changes or something. 
  • I'm not hyno-ing anything, but I'll probably have my well-trained Pandora going until I get agitated at it and have it turned off. Perhaps you could start a few Pandora stations?
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have never heard of this, lol.  
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love this conversation. I'll just have some stuff that's mellow/ relaxing then some more upbeat stuff. Our birthing center has set ups so we can play music. 

+1 to plz share your playlists!!
  • I had a playlist but it turned out to be so irritating and distracting that I turned it off within minutes. 

I won't be doing it again, just not for me.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • MamaD233 said:
    I never knew this was a thing either! I wonder how permissive the midwives will be at the hospital I chose. I live overseas and things can be pretty different here. *lurker from march'17*
    I don't know where overseas you are, but in Germany they definitely allow for your own music.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• LOL I can honestly say I don't think I would have noticed any music playing when I was in labor!
  • When I was in labor with my first I had the tv on for background noise. The movie knocked up was on. Once I got to transition/the pushing we turned it off though because it was irritating and distracting at that point. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • With my first, they put on what are usually some of my favorite shows on tv, but things got intense very quickly and "irritating and distracting" very accurately describes how I felt about the shows being on at that point. I was actually angry and swearing at people about it, what a jerk lol Then someone (I think the doula) put on a Celtic CD of some really beautiful songs but honestly, I didn't even really hear it. It was like I didn't even notice it. 
  • FFC? 

is it bad that the first thing I thought when I saw this post was "best laid plans". 

just remember - life is what happens when you are busy making other plans. 

some of you will have amazing birth stories of labor for an hour and one push. 

some of you will have long stories of inductions and pushing and concern for your health or the baby's health, ending in an emergency c/s. 

hopefully most of you will have something in between. 

remember that:

it is OK to be dissapointed when things don't go as you had hoped. 

a healthy baby and a healthy momma is the ultimate goal. 

the day of your baby's birth is one day. pregnancy is 9 months long, raising a child is 18 years + and being a parent is a lifetime. it doesn't define you or your relationship with your child. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • @peachesnbean I logged on to TB on a computer specifically to give you this. You deserve it. Well said. 

• Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Hahah thanks girls. I couldn't help myself.  :|

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

• sunshine2417sunshine2417 member
    edited September 2016

(P.S. if you haven't actually watched the skit this gif is from, do yourself a favor and youtube that ishh today! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHx6nRtWIa4
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @TeacherMom2517 I love me some Dane Cook!

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • cinderincinderin member
    edited September 2016
    apparently my opinion riled some of you. I am sorry. that was not my intention. 

my intention was to simply say that is it fine to plan and immagine but remember it sometimes doesn't work out the way you planned. 

I have had more than a few friends who had emergency c/s and spend weeks/months/years upset that they felt like they failed. they didn't. some have had to seek professional help. 

I sincerely hope everyone here has the exact birth experience that they want. I also hope that if they don't that they are still (mentally and physically) well. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • @peachesnbean if i could give multiple lovetits you would get them all! 

Also i havnt mastered gifs yet so a meme will have to do......