Baby Names
Options

A Sister for James

So, DH and I think (think!) that we have a boy's name down for LO #2, but we're still at a loss for girl names. Hoping you ladies can give me some insight and some fresh names!

I very, very, very much want the MN to be Katherine. Our last name starts with a K, so all K and hard C first names are out.

Names I like, but have been vetoed:
Cora (matches our last name)
Claire (close relative with the name)
Rosalind

Names DH likes, but have been vetoed:
Juliet (I don't want alliterative first names)
Josephine
Audrey (too close to the obscenely popular Aubrey in our area)
Charlotte

Names we BOTH like, but have reservations on:
Maren (too rhyme-y with Katherine?)
Eloise (close family friend with the name)

DH is worried about giving an overly traditional sounding FN, since DS's middle name is a very non-traditional family name and he thinks that the styles will be too different. I'm not super worried about it...I kind of like all of the grandma names, but he's not a fan of most of them.

Any suggestions? DH and I are planning on running some new names by each other for our anniversary next week (while we shop for towels, haha) and everything besides our top two that's still on my list feels a bit stale at this point. TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: A Sister for James

• Options
    Of the choices you both agree on, I prefer Eloise.

Other suggestions:

Nora 
    Olivia
    Harper
    Louisa
    Beatrice
    Violet
    Matilda
    Diana 
    Rose

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Elliana 
    Evelyn 
    Louisa 
    Elise 
    Iris 
    Camilla
    Mia
    Natalia 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Eloise with James
  • Options
    Amelia, Abigail, Grace, Sylvia, Lucy, Veda, Ruby.

Love the suggestions of Nora and Mia. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    Eloise is great. If you'd rather her not share a name with a family friend,  perhaps Elise is an option? 

I like pp's suggestion of Louisa and Diana. Also suggest 

Irene
    Odette 
    Frances
    Thea
  • Options
     prefer Eloise between the 2 you and your DH agree on.

Some other ideas would be:
    Olivia
    Irene
    Violet
    Diana 
    Evelyn
    Lisa
    Marissa
    Patricia
    Heidi
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Lots of great suggestions, one I thought of when I saw Maren was Mara. They have a similar feel to me. 
  • Options
    James and Estelle
  • Options
    I like the sound of James and Ruby and I think Ruby Katherine is cute together
  • Options
    I'm biased, because I have a James, too!  Our daughter is Elise.  Have you considered Elise?

I really like all of the names that you and your DH like but have vetoed.  It's so hard to agree w/ your spouse sometimes!
    Laura, mom of:
    James (14)
    William (13)
    Elise (11)
    Zachary (5)
    George (3)

www.letterstoauntkay.com [making the blog private.  PM me if you want to subscribe]
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that I, too, have a James and if we were having another girl, we liked Amelia and Pearl.  Josephine as well but I see you've already vetoed that.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Eva Stella Ivy
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, ladies! You've definitely given me a few more to add to my list.

I like Elise, but I think it's too close to my SIL's name, Elisa. We see them a lot so I think it might be too weird. We do have it on the back burner as a potential middle name for Maren, but DS has a very meaningful family MN, our second boy name has a meaningful family MN, so I would just find it odd if potential girl name doesn't have a meaningful family MN. All of the girl names in my family are not great, though.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Edited since I double posted. Whoops!