Trouble TTC
Options

MTHFR...again. Am I being repetitive?

Hi ladies- I pretty sure I posted a discussion on this before but my head has been spinning the last 2 months absorbing this new info and wanted to share a new closed fb group with you. As you've seen in my check-ins I was diagnosed with a genetic mutation that has been linked to infertility, RPL & birth defects. It's called MTHFR. I have connected with other ladies being treated for this in their TTC journey and one particular girl has started this FB group to share info etc. I told her I would share it over here but then mentioned that I don't see a lot of discussion about this here and her response was that maybe I should mention it more in case it can help anyone else. It seems like the ladies who are diagnosed have often been on the ttc for a long time and often their dx as unexplained. I encourage anyone who has been ttc for a long time with no real answers to look into this and/or talk to your doctor about it. Kristin's fb group is called "Pregnancy and TTC are a MTHFR" for anyone looking to join! 
Here's some info if you're interested: https://mthfr.net/is-mthfr-affecting-your-pregnancy/2013/05/24/
TTC since May 2013
Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion

Re: MTHFR...again. Am I being repetitive?

• Options
    Thanks for sharing all the things you've learned so far. I might ask about testing if we do a few iuis without success. 

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Thanks for sharing!
    Me:33, DH:38 Married: 8/2/2014
    TTC #1 Since: April 2015
    Unexplained Infertility

Cycle 1&2 : Clomid 50mg- BFN
    Cycle 3: Letrozole 2.5mg- BFN
    Cycle 4: Letrozole 5mg- BFN
    Cycle 5: HSG-normal
                  Clomid 100mg+ Estrace- BFN
    Cycle 6: Letrozole 5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progestrone- BFN
    Cycle 7: Letrozole 5mg, Cyst found during follicle check
    Cycle 8: Birth control to treat left ovary cyst
    Cycle 9: Letrozole 7.5mg+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 10: Letrozole 7.5mg, 2 Cysts found during follicle check
    Cycle 11: Clomid 100mg+Estradiol+Trigger shot+IUI+Progesterone- BFN
    Cycle 12: Clomid 100mg- BFN
    Cycle 13-16: Natural attempts while awaiting IVF 
    Cycle 14: IVF-BFN

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi ladies- I pretty sure I posted a discussion on this before but my head has been spinning the last 2 months absorbing this new info and wanted to share a new closed fb group with you. As you've seen in my check-ins I was diagnosed with a genetic mutation that has been linked to infertility, RPL & birth defects. It's called MTHFR. I have connected with other ladies being treated for this in their TTC journey and one particular girl has started this FB group to share info etc. I told her I would share it over here but then mentioned that I don't see a lot of discussion about this here and her response was that maybe I should mention it more in case it can help anyone else. It seems like the ladies who are diagnosed have often been on the ttc for a long time and often their dx as unexplained. I encourage anyone who has been ttc for a long time with no real answers to look into this and/or talk to your doctor about it. Kristin's fb group is called "Pregnancy and TTC are a MTHFR" for anyone looking to join! 
    Here's some info if you're interested: https://mthfr.net/is-mthfr-affecting-your-pregnancy/2013/05/24/
    @lablover78

Thanks for sharing!!
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @lablover78
    Sometimes I get encouraged when someone in a similar situation to me gets a BFP. If that is the same for you, you should read @NamelessAria 's post over in the TTGP graduation thread. Maybe her story will encourage you :)
    https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/12690615/ttgp-grad-thread-week-of-sept-26/p2

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• Options
    Thank you thank you @ReesaAnne16!! I appreciate you thinking about me and posting this. Fx for your IUI this cycle 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion