January 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change - 9/27

What's new with your little babe this week? How far along are you?

What are you doing this week to prepare for your LO's arrival?

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions:

When's your next appointment?

GTKY: What type of home do you live in? own/rent? Is it your forever home?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change - 9/27

• Smiley-1980Smiley-1980 member
    edited September 2016
    What's new with your little babe this week? How far along are you? 25 weeks - baby is the size of a cauliflower or rutabega

What are you doing this week to prepare for your LO's arrival? We hung the artwork and mirror in his room.  I bought a few more outfits for him. One bad thing is my damn cat keeps peeing on the new rug I got for the nursery so that has been a nightmare having to wash it.  I'm going to have to lock her out of that room.

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: Feeling pretty big lately and getting uncomfortable.  I feel like this happened WAY later with DD.

When's your next appointment? October 7th just a regular checkup but will probably have to do my glucose testing very soon.

GTKY: What type of home do you live in? own/rent? Is it your forever home? We own a semi-detached house (so attached to only one other person) It's 3 bedroom and 2 bathrooms.  We have been here for 6 years and really like it but I don't see it being our forever home.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • What's new with your little babe this week? How far along are you?

23 weeks, size of a grapefruit!

Found another great deal on cloth diapers! My husband keeps telling me we have a big enough of stash, but they're so cute! It's kind of addicting lol

Energy is pretty good, I have a crazy appetite right now. I just want to eat everything! Sleeping is getting a bit more uncomfortable 

next Thursday for 24 week check up. I'm guessing I'll schedule my 2nd glucose test then for my 28 week appointment

currently at the in-laws while we renovate our new home. It's a 3 bedroom, 3 bath ranch style house on 5 acres and we intend for it to be our 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
    26 weeks! 

Getting things done off the nest list (room by room checklist of deep, deep cleaning). Ordering fabric for blinds, crib sheet, changing pad sheet. I'll get another order of cloth diapers with our next paycheck, so that should be sometime this week, too. AND I'm so ready to be finished with baby's crochet blanket, so I'm working on that mercilessly. 

Q: Stretches for your back? I have been practically living on my birth ball when I'm at home. 
    Rave: My first shower is next weekend (in Mississippi, so we have to travel 11 hours by car, so we wanted to make it pretty early so that I would not be miserable) and I'm so excited! Mainly for all my friends and family to get together, but also a little bit because I'm ready to know what I need to buy still, haha. 

October 6th for glucose test and OB check up

We're currently in a nice apartment. It was built in the 1920s and the owners didn't remodel as much as refurbish, and we absolutely love it. It's not our forever home, and we will be going to a month to month contract after our lease is up in March, so that we can be lease free when/if we find a stand alone house to either rent or purchase. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

25 weeks and the size of a Papaya

Sorting through all the clothes I have broughten and was given. 

I am so exhausted but I just can't for the life of me sleep! I feel like I am already starting to feel uncomfortable which is way sooner than last time. 

October 11th for OB and glucose test.

we currently live in an apartment. There are only four in the building so it is somewhat private. It is very spacious and cheap compared to any others in the area. We recently put in an offer on our first house! If the won't come down on the price we are not in a hurry to move so we will just keep looking.
  • What's new with your little babe this week? How far along are you? 26 weeks! He's THIS close to opening his little eyes!

What are you doing this week to prepare for your LO's arrival? I honestly didn't do much last weekend, because we finished most of the nursery two weekends ago. I need to find the motivation to start washing his clothes. I already washed all of the blankets. I also need to stop going through my registry. I've added/removed so much. It's awful. 

Rants / Raves / Symptoms / Questions: My boobs hurt. I've been using a warm towel as a compress which seems to alleviate the pain but causes crazy leaking. Also I just want to punch DH in the face. Like all the time. The many pregnant women I know have reassured me that it's normal with the third trimester rapidly approaching. Otherwise I'm still nauseous and he's still active AF. It's crazy how much I can already feel his elbows/knees. 

When's your next appointment? I took off next Friday to go for my blood test (and to enjoy a long weekend). 

GTKY: What type of home do you live in? own/rent? Is it your forever home? We did a rent to own on our current home. Now that we're owners, I think the goal is to stay here the next 5+ years. I definitely want to stay in the area though. 
  • @cjs260 Have you tried basic cat/cow yoga poses? I definitely found them to be the most helpful in relieving any stress in my lower back. Plus they makes my hips feel amazing. Child's pose helps too. I'm just having a harder time getting in/out of it now. 
  • @cjs260 Have you tried basic cat/cow yoga poses? I definitely found them to be the most helpful in relieving any stress in my lower back. Plus they makes my hips feel amazing. Child's pose helps too. I'm just having a harder time getting in/out of it now. 
    Girl, that is how I spend the time that I'm not on my ball lol. I also like to do a "back bend" with the ball for support, but I feel like it's probably not going to be a stretch I can do for much longer. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

24 weeks! Baby is the size of a GI Joe! He feels huge, I feel huge and I know this is only the beginning

Nothing really, bought a couple of cute outfits but other than that nothing. I was looking at baby classes and hospital tours, but I need to call because the classes are at a different branch of the same hospital and I want to see if they have the same classes at my hospital so I don't have to travel so far.

I am miserable. I got a cold on Sunday and I haven't been able to shake it. The worst part is there is nothing I can do! I am one of those people that pops a dayquil and goes about my day and I feel fine. But, I can't I am stuck with Tylenol and just have to suck it up, which does nothing for the cough, or runny nose.  

Sometime in October for a glucose test, umm..yuck.

We live in a fairly nice house, 4bed/2 bath house with a lake view. It was foreclosed upon and we bought it from the bank a couple of years ago, the bank had done a fair bit of renovations on it when they sold it (new roof, new carpets), so it was a great investment. since we bought it we have done lots of projects throughout the house. It has been slow going, but we have been saving up and doing the projects rather than going into debt. It isn't our forever home (but it could be if we wanted it to), H is military so no forever home until he retires. 

26 weeks! My provider sends weekly emails and this week baby is opening her eyes.  I haven't tried to provoke her with a flashlight as the email advised yet.  My husband is worried we'll upset her.  I'm the only one who'll have to deal with those protests though.

We were lucky enough to be gifted two giant bags of premie - 2 yo clothes, a Baby Einstein jumper, and bathtub.  I need to actually sit down and sort through what we will keep and start washing/cleaning them.  

I now understand the ordeal that is lightning boob.  Just why?  Also my charley horses are back.  They usually happen when I've been sitting on the couch or at my desk at work.  I stand up, take a few steps, and then the cramp comes.  What sucks is my muscles feel so weak for an hour or two afterwards and it's tough to walk.  

End of October.  

We rent, but are considering a rent to own deal.  This isn't our forever home.  Where I live is too crazy to live here forever.  We've talked about retiring in further north in California.