February 2017 Moms

Family Matters 9/25/16

Re: Family Matters 9/25/16

• @Xstatic3333 That is a mega win!!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure my MIL plans to hop on a plane the moment we tell her I'm in labor. I'd like her to come 10-14 days later, but I haven't figured out how to tell her. For now: procrastinate!
  • That's great @jab3! But they're not using their diaper bag when the baby is still only one? 

• I think they ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon they didn't end up using or needing. Or people had given them gifts and they had duplicates. They're also in a position where they're financially able to afford to purchase a few different brands of a bag and then they just picked one they liked the best or something which is what I think happened. I think they actually kept one bag for each of them to use and this one they didn't want or need.

The diaper bag isn't anything fancy, but it's brand new; I would have still been grateful even for a used one! I was seriously going to use a backpack as a diaper bag this time haha I used the one we had for our first 2 kids (that I got at BRU on sale for $70 like 6 years ago) until it literally couldn't be used anymore. All this stuff adds up quick so I just really appreciated it because it's helpful financially. 
  • Wtf is up with that @Gretchypoo? Something is way off with that, I don't blame you for feeling like that about it. I would have the same reaction. 
  • @gretchypoo a family friend pulled a similar style wedding. I'm a pretty low key person but it was super trashy. The Facebook invite along with the regularly updated links to registries and SOS's for cheap or free services (DJ, photographer, hair and nails etc) it was just too much! Made me glad to be too far away to attend.

<3 DD1- Aug11 <3o:) Angel Baby- June13, said goodbye Oct12 o:)<3 DD2- Aug13 <3<3 DD3- due Feb17 <3

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Exactly! I'd be good with low key but this is, like, judges quarters-- why invite 358 people esp if you're planning to have a "real" wedding later-- are you not married until then?

Not going, not sending a gift. If you can't send an invitation (even a cheap one from Walmart!), I'm not spending $50- $100 on a gift.
    Totally agree with you! Ain't nobody got time for that! <too lazy to find gif>

• Jab3 said:
    I couldn't be more grateful right now to my cousin and his wife. Their baby just turned 1 a few months ago so they must have been going through some of their stuff. They gave us a brand new diaper bag, a wrap, 2 swaddle blankets, several boxes of nursing pads, a couple of boxes of breastmilk storage bags and a few other small things. Some people might not see it as a big deal, but it was to me. I felt like that was really thoughtful and generous of them to give all of that to us. I really like my cousin's wife, she's such a good person. She just treats everyone so nicely. And it's genuine, not that fake BS people try and pull just to seem nice until you turn your back. I really enjoy having her be a part of the family. 
    @jab3 Have you tried to join a buy nothing facebook group? I know there's Buy Nothing Jamaica Plain and Buy Nothing Roslindale. They have saved me so much money and DD loved so many of the toys I scored off of there (not that she knows I reintroduced no longer wanted toys right back into the cycle...)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Wow @grapeskittles4lyfe, thanks for telling me about this! I don't have a Facebook account right now because I'm weird, but this right here is making me want to create one. Do you live near me? Is that why you mentioned those specific places? I'm in Somerville right outside of Boston, MA. Maybe I'm being stupid, but I really don't care about revealing my location. I already have a few times when I first joined this board anyway.

Sorry you know if I wasn't lazy I could just check that extremely organized spreadsheet (which I'm about to do.) Also, maybe you don't want to reveal where you're at especially what with all this catfish talk going around lol thanks again for mentioning this! 
  • I see it says Boston, so does mine, but I'm actually in Somerville. Looks like our DD's are the same age too! Mine just turned 4 last weekend actually :) hello kitty stuff is still everywhere here.
  • @jab3 we live in Jamaica Plain until the end of August - I was the admin for the Buy Nothing JP group and I think there's also a Somerville one.

(We moved to Germany a month ago, so no longer in the Boston area....)
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Oh I wish you were still around. How's Germany? My H lived there for quite a while as a kid because his dad was in the military.