June 2016 Moms

Anyone else struggle with workouts?

Specifically abs!  Started at a gym today and it's a lot like CrossFit.  I was surprised at how well I did with everything...except the ab exercises.  Specifically the crunch type moves.  I had convinced myself I have diastasis recti but my doc didn't seem worried since I'm "only 2 finger gap".  So I guess I'm on the line of it really qualifying or not.  Anyway....I just felt like my middle was made of jello.  Kind of frustrating to feel like your top half can't communicate with your bottom half.  Anyone else feeling the struggle?

Re: Anyone else struggle with workouts?

• Look up the tuppler technique, it is a non surgical way to help repair the muscles. As for crunches, sit ups and other ab excercises, unfortunately those can do more harm then good. After having a twin pregnancy I unfortunately know the struggle.
  • Ditto!  I've been doing my Fit4M body back classes for 5 weeks and cannot do a sit up to save my life. Haha. It's like I have zero muscles there anymore. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yep. I've noticed the same thing. 
  • Guys.... we all just had tiny humans in our bellies. Our ab muscles disappeared lol. It's going to take more than 17-20 weeks to be able to do any sort of normal ab exercises. Don't sweat it unless you were actually diagnosed with DR. As a figure skater, I understand the frustration all too well, but I know I'll get that strength back eventually.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am 7.5 mo pp and I look like I'm 5 mo pregnant!! I have been practicing yoga once per week and started a daily ab routine. I'm now worried that I may have diastisis recti.  I'm going to the doctor tomorrow to get it checked out. I'm so afraid that this is happening to me and it's going to take even longer to get old self back.  I am still approx 10-15 lbs heavier than I was before pregnancy too. Looking forward to getting some answers. 
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(
  • I can do the ab exercises but am SUPER SORE after. It's taken a while for me to even be able to complete all the core work. 
  • Just to add, I finally have decided to fix my diastasis. I'm planning on ordering the MUTU system after my hubby gets paid. I liked that the program is 6 weeks shorter than the Tupler technique.
  • I couldn't tell you since the only working out I've done is walking... :D

Or does carrying a 15 pound baby around all day count?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20

Seeing as I've carried a 15 1/2 pounder with an ear infection around all day, and I am totally pooped, I'm gonna say it absolutely counts as a workout.

Seeing as I've carried a 15 1/2 pounder with an ear infection around all day, and I am totally pooped, I'm gonna say it absolutely counts as a workout.
    Totally agree. Damien's colicky phase gave me one hell of a workout. Something positive came out of it  :p