February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

• I called the doc because it was still persistent like an hour after I pooed and he sent me to the PET Unit.  I'm here now.  Baby's heartbeat looks good and the didn't see any bleeding in the vagina on the speculum exam sooooo all good things.  

Did not occur to me to stick my finger up my lady bits but I guess I'll know for next time.

And I don't have hemroids personally but I do have a family history of hemroids.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsDramaK I'm glad everything is okay <3
  • Loading the player...
  • @PerraSucia thanks! Me too. They said the only concern was my placenta is a little close to my cervix but they will follow up with that at my Anatomy Scan next Friday
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Spicyweiner Spicyweiner member
    edited September 2016
    MrsDramaK said:
    @PerraSucia thanks! Me too. They said the only concern was my placenta is a little close to my cervix but they will follow up with that at my Anatomy Scan next Friday
    My placenta has been close to my cervix with both my babies, and has moved up by third tri. 
    Eta: it moved up with DD, and I *expect* it to with this one. 
  • MrsDramaK said:
    @PerraSucia thanks! Me too. They said the only concern was my placenta is a little close to my cervix but they will follow up with that at my Anatomy Scan next Friday
    My placenta has been close to my cervix with both my babies, and has moved up by third tri. 
    Eta: it moved up with DD, and I *expect* it to with this one. 
    That's good to know! I want to birth vaginally (but not naturally gimme all the drugs) so it was a concern.  They said the positioning could have caused the spotting though.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @MrsDramaK so they didn't look into why you were bleeding from your rectum at all? 

• AfKash said:
    @MrsDramaK so they didn't look into why you were bleeding from your rectum at all? 
    They did not.  
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's some thorough investigative skills they've got.  I mean, I'm sure it's probably just hemorrhoids and nothing too serious. But still, if it was me, I'd want to make sure you weren't bleeding internally.  I agree with PP, though, that bright red blood is usually hemorrhoids. 

• That throbbing sharp pain in my right lower side is back.  :neutral: Gonna wait and see what happens.  

• It's probably a fissure over a hemmie
  • MrsDramaK said:
    At my anatomy scan, my placenta was also showing as low but the same as @Spicyweiner they fully expect it to move up during the rest of the pregnancy. They put a sticker on my file to be checked again at my 32 week scan & if it hasnt moved by then theyll keep monitoring it & could mean a section rather than a vaginal delivery.
  • AfKash said:
    That's some thorough investigative skills they've got.  I mean, I'm sure it's probably just hemorrhoids and nothing too serious. But still, if it was me, I'd want to make sure you weren't bleeding internally.  I agree with PP, though, that bright red blood is usually hemorrhoids. 
    I think they were just concerned with making sure the bleeding was not problematic for the baby and making sure the baby was okay.  Once they did that they were like okay GTFO.  My dad has hemorrhoids so it was probably that and they did ask if I've ever been diagnosed as having hemorrhoids.  But the baby's healthy so that's most important.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jlellis603, how are feeling? 

@PerraSucia, has the swelling gone down at all? I hope you're okay.

@MrsDramaK, glad to hear you and baby are both fine!
  • @jab3 no :( I'm so whiny about it.  i'm almost positive I have pre-e again but a month earlier than it started last time. 
  • Oh man. How could you not be whiny with that shit going on? Are you going in tomorrow to be seen? 
  • Yeah my regular appt is at 1030.  Now i'm freaking out that I did IVF and put my life at risk for DS1.  Like if I have to be on bedrest that's going to be terrible for him. 
  • @PerraSucia good luck to you, tomorrow! You'll be in my T&P'S. And please don't feel guilty about doing IVF again.  You wanted to grow your family, that's all you wanted.  Don't beat yourself up for being a human.  

• @jab3 thanks I feel so melodramatic, but all these worse case outcomes are crushing.  I feel like one of the reasons we went through the whole process is that we felt having a sibling was important for him, but man not as important as two living parents. 
  • @PerraSucia Thinking of you. Keep us posted.  <3
  • My pain hasn't gone away.  Called my doctor's office.  The nurse said that the anatomy scan looked really good, so she's not sure what it is.  Told me to do bed rest today, drink tons of water, and no sex (yay! Husband has to leave me alone at least for today!). I'm supposed to call her tomorrow with an update.  
    I'm thinking I'm probably just very sensitive on my right side because of my past history with cysts being painful on my right. Both times I had surgery to remove the cysts, they were actually on my left side but I had referred pain only to my right.  My left side didn't hurt at all.   I'm just guessing.  

• @PerraSucia no advice but know I'm rooting for you! I hope everything is okay and you can avoid bedrest!
  • I know, but you couldn't predict the outcome. Did you know you were at a higher risk, yeah. That still doesn't mean it's not a risk worth taking. Everything might be fine, you don't know yet. I hear ya though my mind automatically goes to worst case scenarios. I'm not trying to trivialize the possibility of your DS losing you either so please don't think that. You made the decision to go ahead with the process to give him a sibling and here you are and that's okay. You can't go back in time now, what's done is done. I'm not saying get over it and deal either because I know I would do exactly the same, second guessing the decision. Just hang in there right now, your mind is fucking with you and I know how that feels. 
  • @AfKash, I hope you feel better soon. I need to leave to go to this AS now, but hopefully will be back later. 
  • @AfKash sometimes the babies lay on a shitty spot..  you may want to try some hip stretches or something? 
  • @PerraSucia Thank you.  I'll try that.  Although, the pain has been constant since yesterday. I've moved around a lot, switched positions. But I haven't tried the stretches. Couldn't hurt to try.  

• kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited September 2016
    @afkash I've had similar pains during this pregnancy(and my last) and they were located on the side where my prior cysts caused pain as well. I wonder if their may be something to that area being more sensitive? 
  • Wow @kirstynikole ! I think we might be on to something! My appointment with OB is in two weeks so I'll be asking him, for sure.

• @afkash I had kind of this issue a few weeks ago, it was like right above my pubic bone but more to the left. I coincidentally had my checkup with my OB and mentoined it to her.  She said if it's more a sharp pain (not a throbbing pain) that usually indicates a nerve issue. So, maybe that's it? Maybe you have a pinched nerve and that's why it's just constant?
  • @AfKash Aw, I hope you start feeling better soon!

@PerraSucia Good luck tomorrow! Keep us posted! I really hope things turn out fine.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My pain is not any better, but it's also not worse. I talked to the nurse and she wants me to stay on bed rest, push fluids, and come in tomorrow morning. I'm not terribly worried, yet.  

But one thing that does annoy me is my husband.  Unless I'm writhing in pain, he doesn't take it seriously.  Yesterday, he asked me to cook. I gave him the death stare. He got the message.  
    But when he has the slightest thing wrong with him, he's SUCH a baby. Mommy's spoiled boy.  

• @Jab3 thanks for checking! I picked up some Colace on Wednesday and have been taking it twice a day since. I haven't seen much change but the bottle said it could take 12 - 72 hours for it to work. I'll keep it up and hope it does something. When I wake up is usually the most painful and it takes me a minute to be able to stand up and walk :/
  • I went to the chiropractor this week, and she gave me a tip I wanted to share in case anyone else is having back/hip pain. 

Mine was helped some by the snoogle, but has not gone away and flares up when I first stand up from sitting, or if I've been standing an extended period (like when cooking dinner). She said that I can ice it daily, to reduce swelling and pressure on the area. She also said to apply counter pressure for immediate relief (using the palm of your hand directly on the sore spot).

The ice helps, but the counter pressure really does help instantaneously. You have to press kind of hard, but it overrides the pain response.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl thank you! Hip pain at night has been my biggest issue lately. My Leachco helps somewhat, but I still wake up at least once a night (in addition to the at least once a night I get up to pee). I'll try icing/pressure before bed and see if that helps.

In other news, this girl is bonking around like crazy! I'm loving it, even though the bigger she gets the more it feels like she's going to come bursting out of my stomach like Kane's. 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @afkash I've had similar pains during this pregnancy(and my last) and they were located on the side where my prior cysts caused pain as well. I wonder if their may be something to that area being more sensitive? 
    @AfKash This is a really good point... You probably have scar tissue in there from your previous cysts (and removal surgery), and your stretching uterus could be irritating the scar tissue.

And like @kirstynikole I occasionally have pain on my right side, where I have ALSO had cysts (and pain from them) in the past. I hope the pain starts to fade with rest and fluids!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madamerwin scar tissue totally makes sense! Thank you so much! I'll ask tomorrow at my appointment.  

• leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited September 2016
    my symptom went away. Nm :)
  • Baby girl is punching/kicking me right in the bladder.  I'm almost about to wet myself with each kick.