October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments 9/25 - 10/1 (Pre & Post Baby!)

Since babies are popping up left and right these days, let's hear about your appointments leading up to baby - and what's happening AFTER baby arrives!  New mamas have to take care of themselves, let us know what doctor is recommending.  Good luck, ladies!

How far along are you?

How did your appointment go overall?

Any ultrasound or doppler?

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had?

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime... ;)

Re: Weekly Appointments 9/25 - 10/1 (Pre & Post Baby!)

• Options
    How far along are you? 35w4d

How did your appointment go overall? Good, it was a busy one! Had the GBS swab, my first internal check (3 cm dilated and 70% effeced, what?!), and got the TDaP vaccine.

Any ultrasound or doppler? NST, baby was very active today. Heart rate right around 140

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Yes, I asked about scheduling my induction (due to GD and a previous loss). Baby's birthday will be 10/21, if I make it that far!

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime...
    Vacation to Italy

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 36w3d

How did your appointment go overall? It went well.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Ultrasound- during which my doctor kept muttering, "Gosh that's a big baby." over and over again. Thanks doc. 

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? After she told me how big baby is (over 8 pounds at this point), I asked her if there was any way that I could deliver earlier. She said no, unless I go into labor on my own or my blood pressure goes up. Darn. 

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime...  
    I would also love to visit Italy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ball4768 Just what every pregnant woman wants to hear, that you're growing a giant baby! Hopefully the ultrasound is just off. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you? 36w5d

How did your appointment go overall? It was good, it was supposed to be today, but after some weird pressure and decreased movement by baby my dr had me come in yesterday. All was fine, he just dropped into position and his head is on my cervix. I'm not dilated yet, but things are moving in the right direction.

Any ultrasound or doppler? We did doppler and she checked my cervix.

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? Everything was addressed and we moved to weekly appointments

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime..  
    Go visit Australia
  • Options
    How far along are you? 36+4

How did your appointment go overall? Good. We are still 1cm dilated, 50%effaced and at -2 station. My SO thought it was weird that the baby just chills in your pelvis, he was utterly convinced that she has to be getting hurt. I just had to eye roll.

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler and NST. Kinzleys HR was 160 and everything is looking good so far.

Yes, we have another growth/fluid U/S on Tuesday since she's a little bit on the big side and we are doing a repeat NST since she's been more abate in her movements but so far OB says there nothing to worry about with it yet.

Visit Australia or new Zealand 

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • Options
    How far along are you? 39 weeks.

How did your appointment go overall? okay. Last week she said I was 2.5 cm and 40% effaced, but today she said I'm only dialated a fingertip and super high (she had a hard time reaching.) My appointment next week is at 39w6d so we can talk options if induction is necessary. I am also pretty sure there was protein in my urine (I peeked at the stick), and the assistant confirmed I normally do morning appointments, but the doctor didn't say anything. I lost 2 of the 3 pounds I gained last week, which leads me to believe I was correct about it being the cookies. 

Any ultrasound or doppler? Doppler. 

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? I didn't really have any. She told me to start taking long walks in the evening once temperatures have cooled down. It's been so damn hot here. She also told me to up my water while this heat wave is on. 

I fulfilled my original bucket list item of going to Italy...I will probably constantly add a new place to travel. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    37+3

Good. Took a bit longer than usual as an intern was doing my US at first. 

Yes. This appointment was for a growth interval check, so all US and a bit of Doppler at the end for good measure. 

no. I generally have to wait a day to see the full write up of results. They did tell me that baby is estimated at 6lbs 4oz. And I was trying to follow along with the measurements and percentiles popping up on the screen.  But once the tech came  in and was helping the intern she was flying. 
     I was hoping to catch a glimpse of cervix measurement to see if I was at all dilated but I don't think they did one, which is unusual because they normally do. 

Be financially independent whether through winning the lottery (which will likely not happen because I never play) or smart money management. I'm such a square. 
    Otherwise, travel bucket list would be to visit Iceland. 
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    38+3
    Good, but stressful at first- they fit me in because I called due to lack of movement and a headache with increased BP. I had an NST, and he did great. They're still worried about my BP, so I had blood drawn and have to do a 24 hour urine test on Thursday before another appointment on Friday. 
    Heartbeat on the NST
    yes- they confirmed that he's fine. :) 
    I want to go to Spain. 
  • Options
    ibabyloveb87ibabyloveb87 member
    edited September 2016

How far along are you? 
    38+2 

It was ok. That doctor is so slow. I waited for him longer than he was actually in the exam room. Cervix is softened but no dilation or effacement at this point. Sigh. Maybe next week. 

Doppler. 138 BPM 

Yes, got prescription for breast pump. That was about it. He also recommended sex to move things along without me even asking. Such a man. But I have heard it can work so maybe we will try that before next week's appointment. 

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime... Kentucky Derby. It's not as glamorous as a trip to Italy or something, but I really want to go one day! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    37+2

Really good! I know I was bitching about them over in the Randoms this week, but it really was a great appointment (aside from waiting for like 20 mins for doc). I had a different nurse today, my regular nurse was at a training, and this new nurse was funny. As she called me back into the room, in front of the waiting room, told me I get the award for best urine sample of the day lol. It was fantastically hydrated and all testing came back perfect. My BP was down to 112/80 (from 126/90 last week), and that's after a cup of coffee this morning.

Doppler, as always. He was on my left, when he's usually on my right, so she had to take a few to find him, but once she did, his heart rate was 152, perfect she said.

Didn't have any this time. I was tempted to ask about taking off work early, but with everything literally going perfect right now I don't have a good reason to take off early, other than I really want to lol.

Caribbean cruise! When this LO grows up a little, hopefully we can take family on a Disney one.

@MRSCORKER I saw this cartoon yesterday and it seems perfect here lol.

Image result
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    Yay, Jamie and @mrscorker! I know you're relieved! 
  • Options
    Yay, Jamie and @mrscorker! I know you're relieved! 
    So relieved! Even my doctor was surprised. Nothing like waiting until the last minute!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    Just in time! @mrscorker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    37+1

Excellent- love my OB and the office staff

NST- baby was moving  a lot without having to eat chocolate to get her going like last week (darn)
    Declined the cervix check today

Yes I've been really suffering with constipation and am going to try Peri Colace. I also found out my OB will be on vacation the week I am due so kind of bummed. She is considering me full term as of right now and said "any day now" so maybe she will deliver baby girl after all. 

Go to the US OPEN in N.Y (Tennis) or get to watch Serena Williams in major match before she retires.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2016

How far along are you? 36 + 4

How did your appointment go overall? Great! We had our growth scan and our baby boy is measuring in at 6 lbs 11 oz, 60th percentile, everything looks great and he's head down! Explains the insane pressure I've been having. We are looking at an 8-9 lb baby. Which is fine by me... bring on the chubby baby rolls!!  <3 

Any ultrasound or doppler? US 

Did your doctor or midwife answer any questions or concerns you had? No questions or anything. Had to get the Strep B done AGAIN and I got my flu shot. My Dr did recommend anyone living in my house or taking care of baby should have their flu shot as well. 

For Fun: Name one thing on your "bucket list" - something you've always wanted to do and hopefully GET to do sometime in this lifetime... I want to travel to Italy, Ireland and England. I'll take anyone of the 3. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    How far along are you?

39 weeks 2 days

Still at 3cm, 75% effaced, -1 station but according to my doctor my bag of water is protruding so she anticipates it breaking this weekend since my contractions have picked up. 

Had an ultrasound Monday for growth, baby's estimated at 8 pounds, 6 ounces. Doppler at the appointment with a heart rate of 150, still measuring behind 2 weeks since he's dropped so low. 

We talked about whether or not to sweep membranes at this appointment or not. She is anticipating she'll see us in Labor and Delivery tonight. 

I hope to travel internationally at some point. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker