October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/26

How do we feel this week? 

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/26

• TMI, but I've been having some diarrhea this morning which is pretty unusual for me.  Makes me think I could be getting close to labor  :#
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Lots of pressure, cramps and lower back pain. I'm thinking its from all the nesting I did yesterday and the lack of sleep I got. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • I spoke too soon in my ticker change this morning. RLP is back. I don't know why it's so bad these last couple of weeks - he must just be sitting right there. It leaves me feeling crampy  :s
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Same @ibabyloveb87. I'm in some serious discomfort right now, bad cramping.  :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• I've been pooping a lot lately. No diarehha or anythjng just like 6 times a day. 
    My emotions are all over the page. I am sure my Family thinks I'm absolutely nuts. One minute I want to book a c section, to have it over and done with and the next I'm sad cause I might not get the chance to ever push in my life. Seriously self, your kinda petty these days. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mayischmayisch member
    edited September 2016

I don't even know how I feel anymore... with everything hurting, emotions taking me over.... I just want to get to the part where I say "it was hard but I finally have my baby with me and it was all worth it and I might be doing it again someday.... (maybe)"

• Made the mistake of checking things out in the mirror today. Butt stretch marks and hemorrhoids. Won't be doing that again! 
  • +1 to feeling super crampy. Everything aches but I can't stop nesting!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Emotional roller coaster because Robert will be here in 1 week. 1 week. YIKES. 
  • I feel like I have to waddle when I get up from my desk so babe doesn't just FALL OUT. Soooo attractive. and so much pressure down there, how am I not in labor at all
  • Stretch marks just popped up. Seriously unfair. I'm 34 weeks tomorrow and I will only be pregnant for 3 more weeks. Why couldn't they wait! Hopefully they won't get bad, I've been laying on the bio pop to keep them moisturized.

also my MRI results came in (I hope no one ever has to get an MRI pregnant, it was horrid) and my uterus is like extremely thin where my c section scar is which kinda scares mes and there is a pocket of blood between the placenta and my uterus- im not actively bleeding so they think it's old blood from one of my previous bleeds but they can't be positive- So now I am sitting here horrified to think I am going to bleed again and horrified that I've been having lower menstrual like cramping and that my belly around my scar feels like it is being super stretched. 
  • @serenaxo84 That sounds terrifying! Was the doctor concerned at all? 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Had my first NST this morning and was contracting regularly through it (probably every 5 minutes or so).  My doctor popped in to check on me and I told him that they just felt like pressure, no pain, and he didn't seem concerned at all.  He said, "You have to start somewhere."  I guess I was under the impression that regular contractions were something significant, but I guess not?  Anybody else with similar experience?  I had my appointment prior to the test and had the Strep B swab, but no cervical check so I have no idea if I'm even dilated at all.  I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday and I am SO OVER being pregnant!
  • @JennJennJennJenn81713 said:
    Had my first NST this morning and was contracting regularly through it (probably every 5 minutes or so).  My doctor popped in to check on me and I told him that they just felt like pressure, no pain, and he didn't seem concerned at all.  He said, "You have to start somewhere."  I guess I was under the impression that regular contractions were something significant, but I guess not?  Anybody else with similar experience?  I had my appointment prior to the test and had the Strep B swab, but no cervical check so I have no idea if I'm even dilated at all.  I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday and I am SO OVER being pregnant!
    Yup this is how it was like with my first baby. I was 4cm and baby was right there. I guess I have a good pain threshold, labor well or just was getting lucky. Not sure, but I felt fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @serenaxo84 That sounds terrifying! Was the doctor concerned at all? 

@books&icecream I don't think so. I think my uterus might be at more of a risk of bursting if I was going to try a VBAC or go into labor on my own - I can't have a VBAC now anyway and I am delivering at 37 weeks to try and avoid labor already, so I think they aren't too concerned. I am just nervous that it might make it harder for them to detach my placenta if it is really thin. I am already at a risk for a hysterectomy  so I hope this doesn't up my chances.

As for the blood, it concerns me but I guess not them lol. My next appointment is October 3rd with my MFM doctor and with my regular OB so I think if they were worried they would have changed it to this week.

I just have to call asap if I see any bleeding, spotting, loss of fetal movement or if I am cramping regularly.  

• @Schell2013 I hope that's me, too!  I know I have a very high pain threshold due to chronic back pain from herniated discs and a really painful ankle sprain I suffered last year that had to be corrected with surgery.  I'm thinking I'll go in for a routine exam and get admitted!
  • @JennJenn81713 I always have pretty regular contractions during my NSTs and did with my first pregnancy as well.  The tech always seems surprised but my doctor says if they aren't especially painful, he's not worried.  Like @Schell2013, I was already pretty dilated by the time my water broke with my first and ended up being in labor for only about six hours.
  • @serenaxo84 - I feel your pain! I had a MRI @ 34 weeks - SUCKED!!!! So sorry you've gotta go through it too - sending Reiki/healthy thoughts your way!

@jennielu - Lol! Yup I am staying away from the mirror too! I also made the mistake of glimpsing some un-forgettable imagery in my nether-regions! It legit made me cry! My poor pooper will probably never poop the same again! I am destined to a lifetime of over-wiping!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• @Alikvasnok ugh thanks for making me feel better!! I wanted to cry this morning too even though I should feel lucky I don't have stretch marks anywhere else. But seriously, my butt has grown so much less than my belly, what's the deal? 
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited September 2016
    I'm having pressure that doesn't exactly feel like I have to pee but feels like pressure in the same area. I'm worried it's a UTI. :(

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER in never felt pressure as part of a UTI (for me, it's usually a frequency and burning), but I know the symptoms can be different while pregnant. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mrscorker welcome to my life.  the babies apparently love to wedge into a place that, combined w gravity, feels like your crotch will implode 
  • Will they induce because of horrible RLP??? Gahhh how am I supposed to deal with this for another week or so/deal with real contractions? It's like a knife in my right hip most of the day.  :(
  • After how I felt yesterday, I was saying the same thing to myself, I don't know how I'm making it 3 more weeks @ibabyloveb87. The really bad cramping subsided a little but the immense pressure is still there. Hope Baby B will make his arrival soon for you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• edited September 2016
    My symptom today is that I feel pretty good (so far), which kind of has me worried (of course). My crotch and pelvic region have been super achey the past few weeks and now all of the sudden yesterday and today it's hardly noticeable so I'm wondering, did baby move OUT of position? I do feel some pressure near my butt now instead but it's not too bad.  Hoping she's still where she needs to be and that things are progressing!!  

Edit: Spoke too soon...achiness has returned, still not as bad as it's been but probably because it's still early. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 are you sure it's not sciatic pain?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 The doctor keeps telling me it's round ligament because it's at my hip/groin area. It's sharp and comes and goes, but it's really awful to where I'll almost be in tears sometimes. It doesn't extend down my leg like sciatic pain typically would...I have some of that normally but it's been better lately. Whatever it is, I would love for it to go away!!! I feel like I've tried everything to help it. 
  • I got a cervical sweep yesterday, had mucus plug come out last night and consistent contractions but not close together all evening then POOF it was over and they were gone. I was so ready to be heading to the hospital sometime over night but here I am on the couch
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 

• @ibabyloveb87 ugh that sounds awful :( I hope LO decides to come soon so you don't have to keep dealing with that!

I started having a super weird sensation in part of my right foot and calf, all of a sudden I'll get a wet and warm sensation almost like I just peed myself. DH and google say it's a nerve issue which makes sense because I have a slipped disk on my right side anyway. It doesn't help that LO has had his entire body squished onto my right side for pretty much this whole pregnancy.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • pressure and more pressure! Feels like constant period cramps. Also +1 for the crazy emotions, DH isn't quite sure what to do with me. 
  • Pounding headaches the past 2 days --- I feel like the biggest complainer lately.  :/
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Sleep was getting harder. I was waking up 3-4 times a night. I saw on here that someone recommended using those snoring nose strips. I just felt stuffy, hard to breath and out of breath rolling over. Oh my gosh, I only wake up once to pee. But I wake up feeling so much better now. You guys should try it for a night if you're struggling. 
  • Does anyone know what exactly is considered high blood pressure?? I've been feeling off the last few days, ending with pounding headaches yesterday and all last night. Someone told me to check my BP and it was 130/80. Mines been about 100/55 most of my pregnancy so that kind of surprised me. But calling my doc involves getting put on hold and passed around a lot and usually ends with someone telling me to go in if I feel I need to be seen. And I haven't been able to get thru to L&D to ask them. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Heartbuuurrrrrrn! Dammit, I really thought I might get through this entire pregnancy without breathing fire again ... I was so, so wrong. And Lord help me, I will smack the first person who makes a comment about heartburn and hair. Because we all know that shit ain't true ... even if it was, I'd prefer a bald baby over this!
  • @krzyriver I think some elevation is normal during the 3rd trimester and it's probably a little different for each person. When I was having BP issues I was in the 140's over 90's. Do you have an appointment coming up? Have you had any issues with your vision?
  • @krzyriver I think it probably depends on you. That doesn't sound crazy high...but I don't know for sure. My blood pressure is usually 120s/80s and they've said it's fine. I would call if you're concerned and feeling off just to be safe! 
  • @krzyriver that's pretty good but if it's high for you keep an eye on it and anybheadaches or swelling too
  • @krzyriver I also am in the camp of call the doc, especially with your headaches. I've been hovering around 135/80 since July, but my normal is like 125/70, so that isn't very elevated for me. Seems you usually run low, so that sounds like quite a spike for you.

If you aren't going to call yet, lay on your left side and see if resting there helps. If not, I say go get checked, at the very least for your own peace of mind. If you don't know, you might be like me and just get more and more anxious until you know, thus elevating your pressure further.

I'm a previous pre-e mama, so I know how fast and hard it can hit if you aren't watching it.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @krzyriver  120 over 80 is normal, and the top number is more important than the bottom number. I ride low on blood pressure too like you, and being at 128 at my last appointment had my nurse a little concerned even though it might be a normal pressure for other people. I don't know if that helps or just makes the decision to go in harder.