October 2015 Moms
Options

When do you wean from the before bed bottle

I was wondering about when do you wean from the bottle that is given right before going to bed? And, how is it typically done? Thanks

Re: When do you wean from the before bed bottle

• Options
    I'm wondering about this too. My daughter is 10 months and ped said to start weaning her from bottles now. But was vague on how to do it. I know people who do cold turkey at 12 months. 
  • Options
    We have started giving formula in sippy cups for now. He was hesitant at first but is fine now. Plus he is eating more foods than formula. I'm sure he will still have a sippy before bed once we switch to milk.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Out doctor told us to start working formula into the sippy cups a couple of times a week so she gets used to them having something besides water. Sometimes she's on board and sometimes it's the end of the world. Ideally I'm planning on just never putting regular milk in a bottle. But we all know how ideally works out with LOs!

As far as the before bed part I think that will just work itself out as she starts eating more for dinner. She'll probably have a sippy cup with milk available between dinner and bed just not as dependent on it as she is now. 
    (Disclaimer: I'm a FTM, so even though that's my current plan it could all be total crap!)
  • Options
    Thank you!
  • Options
    For DD1 the only sippy cup she'd use was the ones with a rubber straw. I think it resembled a bottle nipple to her so our bedtime transition from bottle to sippy was pretty easy. Not sure that this LO will be as easy! 
  • Options
    chein1 said:
    For DD1 the only sippy cup she'd use was the ones with a rubber straw. I think it resembled a bottle nipple to her so our bedtime transition from bottle to sippy was pretty easy. Not sure that this LO will be as easy! 
    Yes ! I swear this is what happened with my boy. He would drink some of the formula I put in a regular sippy ... And then just open his mouth and the rest would end up on his bib or the floor. I don't know what made me try, but I put the formula in the one with a straw and he loves it. It's touch and go for now though. Things are looking promising I guess lol !