January 2017 Moms
Options

LuLuRoe??

I've been "eyeing" some really cute designs, but not sure what style (in real life) works the best for maternity styles. What are your favorites? Share pictures if you can. I would love to buy 2-3 items but haven't been able to pull the trigger..but a few pics on the Bump board today refueled my interest.

OH, and who knows what size I'll get - I'm normally a 6, but I hear LLR sizing is kinda weird, and varies by style on if you should size up, size down. Hence why I've been too afraid to buy anything yet!

Re: LuLuRoe??

• Options
    I haven't bought any but my cousin has thrown several parties. She is of bigger build and has worn all the leggings and skirts and everything all through three pregnancies. She 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    Girl! Get you some. It's fantastic for pregnancy and I think you and I are the same size, so here's my recs on styles and sizes. 

Julia: fitted t-shirt style dress that shows off the bump beautifully. I normally wear a Small but prefer a Medium now to accommodate the bump. This pic is a small and you can see how fitted it is. I also have pretty big boobs which makes a difference

Maxi Skirt: so comfy! They tend to run big so I wear an XS in this style and it still fits well.

I have my eye on a Nicole, which is what was being worn in the HDBD thread. I've heard those work well for BFing too. The Perfect T's and Irmas are also a favorite of mine. These run big as well so I recommend a XS in Perfect and XXS in Irma. (This is assuming we are the same size, 6) And I can't say enough about the leggings.

Ok, I'm done gushing now.

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like Julia dresses as well. Normally a small but I've upgraded to a medium. 

• Options
    I think Julias look really cute to show off the bump.  My personal favorite style is the Amelia dress.  I've heard it's really BFing friendly too if you wear it backwards (the back has a short zipper so when you flip it around, it's easy to whip out a boob for nursing).  Most consultants will help you figure out your size in a specific style and the material of most the clothes allow you to wear them in multiple sizes pretty comfortably.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so in love with that outfit @gapeachrn
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not super sure on all the names yet, but I just bought a Julia dress in large and I normally wear a size 10 in pants.  I love it!  I also bought a couple of the baseball tee type shirts and they show off my bump well!
    I bought leggings too...sooo soft!
  • Options
    My small Cassie skirts still fit and stretch with my bump and I love them. I don't put pictures on social media/online (I'm no fun!), so I can't show you any, unfortunately. Also agree with PP about the Julias. I am a 4 or 6 pre-pregnancy and have been wearing my smalls. I haven't bumped up yet. The one disappointing thing about the Julias for me right now is that the material is so soft and thin that I'm getting underwear lines now that I'm plumping up a bit. I never had this problem before. I have a pea in the pod compression slip that I may start wearing with them to see if that helps smooth everything out. 
  • Options

I have 2 Julia's. I am in between a small and medium. The medium is a little baggy in the back as of now but I imagine I will fill it out soon. Also, I think the patterns are way more flattering than the solids (I ordered a solid and it showed off my love handles (which are small anyway but it looked really unflattering) whereas the patterned dress just shows off my bump).

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Sorry if this is a super n00bie question: can you buy these online, or do you need to find someone local who sells them? 
  • Options
    I don't know the names of all the different styles, but I recently went to s party and purchased a few things. Everything is so soft and comfy. It's like wearing pjs all the time. I found sizing to be all over the place. I just had to try on to see what worked best. 
  • Options
    I love the leggings!!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• Options
    I love Julias and maxis (I wear small medium and large Julias, depending on the look in going for- and XS when I'm not pregnant- small maxis for the length but I might bump up to a medium for the belly coverage) 
    Also love Amelias and Nicoles but haven't been wearing them because it's just been too hot. Madison's are +++++ but not so hot with a big pregnant belly (too short in front) and Lucys and Lolas are amazing but not while pregnant. I don't like Irmas but I do love perfects! 
    Here's me in a Cassie, I could wear this prepregnancy but it's a little big but perfect for this bump! 

See my HDBD pic today for a maxi pulled over a bump!
  • Options
    Oh but also try Agnes and Dora- their swing tops/ tunics and v-neck dresses are my favorites!!
  • Options
    I love it all!!!! Lol!!! Here is a Nicole (which is my favorite dress) 
    and this is a pair of leggings with an Irma tunic 

This is a maxi skirt with a classic tee and a cardigan that I can't remember the style 

Okay last.. The Carly dress! We both had it on haha! 

• Options
    For anyone who is interested - I just signed up for Le Tote Maternity (maternity clothes rentals) my first month is 50% off so I'm going to try that first and if I like it, I will keep the subscription through December. FYI - if you want to try it out you can get your first month 50% off using LABORDAY50 as a promo code but today is the last day to use it. Baby is due January 7th so I won't need it after the first week. My point is they gave me three free totes to give away (3 pieces of clothes and 2 accessories) you just have to use this link

I have NO connections with this company, I saw an ad on Facebook and decided to look it up because I have so few clothes that fit me now :( but I wanted to pass the redemption link along because I don't know any other preggy ladies who will actually use it. (I have a preggy friend but she is due in the next few weeks so probably won't use it). 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm currently rocking some LLR leggings. I also have an Irma that I love, but seeing all of these, I think I need a Julia!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @TexasGal24  I've always wondered about Le Tote!  Fill us in when you get your first tote - would love to hear what you think!
  • Options
    @TexasGal24 let us know how it goes! I looked into this a while ago but the $60/mo seemed a bit high. 
  • Options
    @MaryNog I thought so too, until I bought a pair of maternity jeans and one maternity shirt from Target and spent $50! 

I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. I ordered my first tote yesterday. :) 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I dreamt about lularoe last night. I think I need to get me some. 
  • Options
    @MaryNog I thought so too, until I bought a pair of maternity jeans and one maternity shirt from Target and spent $50! 

I will definitely let everyone know how it goes. I ordered my first tote yesterday. :) 
    Excellent point! 
  • Options
    ShawllsShawlls member
    edited September 2016
    gapeachrn - I love the vest over your dress. Where from?
  • Options
    I am  plus size..I love lularoe!! I live in leggings and irma.

• Options
    Where can you buy LLR?
  • Options
    @Shawlls Sorry for the late response, I'm just now seeing this. I got it from Francesca's, I think in the spring. 
  • Options
    I just bought my first LLR piece - an Azure skirt.  It's nice and stretchy, so I can wear it while pregnant and while not pregnant.  The material is basically legging material though.  Is all of their stuff made from the same material?  It would seem to be a rip-off to buy a $65 dress made of spandex.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sagoon said:
    I just bought my first LLR piece - an Azure skirt.  It's nice and stretchy, so I can wear it while pregnant and while not pregnant.  The material is basically legging material though.  Is all of their stuff made from the same material?  It would seem to be a rip-off to buy a $65 dress made of spandex.
    No, they are different material. Although I think the same style can come in different materials? The Amelia I have is much thicker with a lot less give/stretch to it. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    LastMango said:
    sagoon said:
    No, they are different material. Although I think the same style can come in different materials? The Amelia I have is much thicker with a lot less give/stretch to it. 
    Yeah, I have like 3 Nicole dresses and they are all made of different material. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    sarag said:
    Where can you buy LLR?
    You need to find a consultant around you (or not, they can ship!).
    Chances are you know someone or are Facebook friends with someone who is a consultant....maybe put a plea out?!  :smile:
  • Options
    I love LuLaRoe!!! TC leggings & Irma are my go to as soon as I get home, I posted this in the HDBD a couple of weeks ago:

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17