Baby Names

Girl names that compliment "Hannah"

Now that we know we are having another girl, it's time to seriously think about names. Our daughters name is Hannah.Evelyn

This baby girls middle name is going to be Ann - that's set in stone.

So we are looking for a first name that compliments Hannah and flows nicely with the middle name Ann.

The two names we've discussed and like so far are Elizabeth and Alexandra but I'm not sold on either.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3

Re: Girl names that compliment &quot;Hannah&quot;

• I don't like how either name flows with Ann. If I had to choose I would pick Elizabeth.  Suggesting.... 

Charlotte Ann 
    Danielle Ann 
    Beverly Ann 
    Valerie Ann 
    Stephanie Ann 

• I love Elizabeth Ann.

Hannah and...

Jocelyn Ann
    Jillian Ann
    Rosalie Ann
    Natalie Ann
    Margot Ann

• Loading the player...
  • I think Elizabeth and Alexandra are both nice.  My first thought was Hannah and Elise but I don't really like Elise Ann.

Abigail
    Rosalie
    Caroline
    Margaret
    Emily
    Laura
    Julie, Julia, Juliet
    Sarah
  • Eloise Ann
    Madeline Ann
    Emmeline Ann
    Marjorie Ann
    Josephine Ann

• Lindsey
    Madeline
    Emily
    Jessica
    Lizbeth
    Susan

• Hannah and Theresa
    Caroline
    Rosalie
    Rebecca
    Mallory
    Lucille
    Natalie
    Felicity
    Josephine
    Linnea
    Audrey

• Cynthia Ann
    Olivia Ann
    Genevieve Ann
    Aurelia Ann
    Melinda Ann
  • I love Elizabeth Ann

Other ideas:

Heidi Ann
    Valerie Ann 
    Stephanie Ann
    Natalie Ann
    Madeline Ann
    Emily Ann
    Margaret Ann
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions ladies! I think Elizabeth Ann sounds really nice too.

Really the only thing holding me back from Elizabeth is the nicknames. I don't like any of them - not Liz, Lizzie, Beth. Nope. If we name her Elizabeth, that's what I wanted her to be called. 

I am am really liking some of these suggestions too though - love Sarah and Emily. I will see what DH thinks!

• @SaphireSweetie88 I love Madeline. That's actually a personal top pick for me. Unfortunately, DH vetoed it a long time ago. I may bring it up again and see if his feelings have changed.

• Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions ladies! I think Elizabeth Ann sounds really nice too.

Really the only thing holding me back from Elizabeth is the nicknames. I don't like any of them - not Liz, Lizzie, Beth. Nope. If we name her Elizabeth, that's what I wanted her to be called. 

I am am really liking some of these suggestions too though - love Sarah and Emily. I will see what DH thinks!
        I know a 2 women named Elizabeth, and they both only go by Elizabeth! In their childhood too......so it is do-able for sure! good luck. Elizabeth Ann is a lovely name.
  • Things to consider:

How much do you dislike the nicknames?  It's possible that Elizabeth will grow up and decide she prefers Liz, Lizzie, or Beth.  Would that bug you?  I've eliminated names from my list because of possible nicknames.

Also, people are stubborn about long names and nicknames.  With some names people assume there's a nickname.  [i.e. Elizabeth, K/Catherine, Isabelle, Alexandria, Robert, Edward, William]  It's rude of them, but it's common enough to be annoying.
    I know an Alexander whose mom HATES Alex.  She deals with it when it happens, but people call him Alex, without prompting, often enough to annoy her.  Would you be comfortable correcting people?

I think Elizabeth Ann sounds beautiful; but depending on where you stand on the nicknames Sarah or Emily might be better choices in the long run.

DD.R: 2013
    DD.C: 2015
    #3EDD: 8/1/2017

• Molly Ann
    Beatrice Ann
    Louisa Ann
    Amelia Ann
    Cecilia Ann
    Juniper Ann

Good luck!