4/15
4/22
4/29

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Appointments this week? 

Symptoms? 

Rant/Rave/Questions? 

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend?
Me: 29 DH: 33
Married: 5/30/2013
DSS #1: 5/25/2007
DSS #2: 1/22/2011
DS #3: 7/8/2012
BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
DS #4: 4/21/17

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 9/24

• How far along are you? 9 weeks

How big is baby? Cherry, tater tot, lug nut

Appointments this week? Next appt isn't until 10/10 (11w2d).

Symptoms? Nausea (but no vomiting), exhaustion, RLP

Rant/Rave/Questions? DS was sick last night, so I got to take care of him while he was vomiting in the toilet...so that was fun..

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend?
    I would love a weekend where I don't have to do anything! No errands, no cleaning, nothing. But that never happens since it's so hard to get motivated to do anything on the weekdays after work. 

How big is baby? Size of a playing jack

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? Rlp, exhaustion

Rant/Rave/Questions? Just tired tired tired

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? My house being clean, some baking magically appearing in the oven, candles, blankets, movie.
  • Loading the player...

How big is baby? A cherry

Appointments this week? No, but next US is next Tuesday.

Symptoms? Fatigue, constipation/bloating, sore boobs, heart burn, slight headaches, and moodiness continue to be very strong... Luckily nausea hasn't been much of an issue.

It's funny though, I'm so bi-polar about how I feel sometimes. When my symptoms are especially strong, I get kinda pissy and sick of having symptoms. But on good days when my symptoms are light, I just get really paranoid that something is wrong. I can't win... LOL

Rant/Rave/Questions? How about something silly to share? My husband has already decided nursery colors: maroon and gold. Those are University of MN colors (we're both alumni). It's just kind of adorable to see my husband already get excited about this. :smile:

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? For this time of year, watching both the Gophers and Vikings win while my husband does all the chores... 
  • How far along are you? 12 weeks

How big is baby? Plum

Appointments this week? NT scan this coming Wednesday. Had my 12 week appointment yesterday. The nurse initially couldn't find the heartbeat with the Doppler. They did a quick ultrasound, and baby is fine, thank goodness.

Symptoms? Tired, still a bit nauseated, MOODY. I've also been lightheaded and getting headaches. Drinking water helps.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Haven't been around much lately. I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed. I'll try to jump back in soon.

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Hiking/being outdoors with my family followed by burgers and beers.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker

How big is baby? Plum, Half eaten hotdog 

Appointments this week? None

Symptoms? None really other than a little tired. Sore boons faded away this past week. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Still just anxiously awaiting my next appointment in 2 weeks so I can get some reassurance everything is ok. We've heard the heartbeat once but it was so long ago. 

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Doing nothing. I just want to relax! 
  • @clickclackmoo I already can't wait to have a weekend like that again! I'm pretty pumped for a springtime baby.  

How big is baby? Plum

Appointments this week? Yes, I have an appt. on Wed. I will be getting the Harmony test due to AMA. 

Symptoms? I am feeling so much better the last couple days. I actually went to the GYM this morning! :) then I took a nap.

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am in the market for some good maternity leggings, as I plan to live in them this fall/winter. Anyone have any recommendations for good, reasonably priced options?

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Just hanging with DH and DS and maybe getting a couple hours to myself in there too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? 11 weeks.

How big is baby? A lime or a poker chip.

Appointments this week? No appointments until 10/14.

Symptoms? Symptoms were fading until yesterday, when I threw up my whole breakfast. Still very tired and my nipples feel raw. Feeling a lot of hip and ligament pain especially when I move suddenly. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? Still haven't heard the heartbeat and I am so anxious to hear it...but have to wait for 2.5 more weeks!

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Not having any grading! Ha! Enjoying lovely fall weather with family and watching the Ravens game. I am glad today feels like fall!

BabyFruit Ticker
    DD: 6/20/11
    DS: 2/23/13
    EDD: 4/15/17 

• hollyh98 said:

Rant/Rave/Questions? I am in the market for some good maternity leggings, as I plan to live in them this fall/winter. Anyone have any recommendations for good, reasonably priced options?
    I have Old Navy maternity leggings from 3-4 years ago (from my pregnancy with DS). I LOVE them. They have lasted through the years and are very comfortable. I have already started wearing them again!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Thanks for taking over this week @KirstinH88 Yesterday was DD's birthday and party and the day we announced to everyone. So, I wasn't on here at all. 

How far along are you? 11 weeks! 

How big is baby? a lime I guess, or anything else roughly 1.5 inches long. 

Appointments this week? None this week. Next week I have my regular midwife appointment and also my NT scan. So, that will be a full week. 

Symptoms? Thank you baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph! My morning sickness is really going away, just on schedule with when it disappeared with DD. I am already experiencing the back/hip/butt pain that totally ruined my life for the 2nd half of my pregnancy with DD. Honestly if I think about it to much I cry. It was so horrible that 1st time around. waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!! Also really popping out all of a sudden. And I think this is not just bloat. It is actually getting a little hard. What?! I didn't have a hard little bump like this until like 17/18 weeks with DD. 

Rant/Rave/Questions? anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with back/hip pain? Please!

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Since it is officially fall, and we do fall really well here in Wisconsin.... a perfect and fun fall weekend would be time with friends around a bonfire. Watching a movie and relaxing with DH. Doing something fun like carving pumpkins or the petting zoo with DD. And also someone coming over to my house to clean and make me something cozy like butternut squash soup. 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
    DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
    Married: October 8, 2011
    DD1: September 24, 2013
    BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
    DD2: April 16, 2017
    BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks for taking over this week @KirstinH88 Yesterday was DD's birthday and party and the day we announced to everyone. So, I wasn't on here at all. 
    I waited a little while and when you hadn't posted, I figured that you were busy with the party. How did the announcement go?
  • How far along are you? 10 weeks 

How big is baby? A strawberry. Just over an inch. 

Appointments this week? Not until 10/6. 

Symptoms? Food aversion is still going strong, but not as much actual throwing up. So I'll take what I can get! My hips already hurt like they did last time in the second and third trimester. I really hope my hips don't keep growing. Don't want to buy more clothes again. So many intense dreams it's getting hard to sleep through the night. 

Rant/Rave/Question? @mrsstuessy I second that hip/back pain. I have had migraines and back pain and hip pain. This pregnancy is so different than my last. More a rant than a question. 

GTKY What's your idea of a perfect weekend? Lots of time with my family, going to the park, eating and laughing together. And seeing friends who I don't need to put makeup on for. :) 
  • How far along are you?  13 weeks

How big is baby? a scoop of ice cream

Appointments this week?  Had our second appointment on Friday.  Heard the heartbeat and all seems well.

Symptoms?   Still tired, but getting more energy and can function like a normal human until 7 or 8 pm.  Every once in a while food aversion, but still just going heavy on the carbs.

Rant/Rave/Questions? Starting to try thinking more about registry items but so lost on where to start, what is needed, etc.  Any STM's have advice on car seats?  We think we found one we like, but thought about getting two.  DH and I work an hour apart and are not sure ow it would work to only have one to share between vehicles.  

(Any thoughts on starting some sort of thread/ BTDT type of thread for questions?)

GTKY: What's your idea of a perfect weekend?  Probably either a spring or fall weekend where the weather is perfect.  Go for a walk, eat dinner outside, have no chores to do
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • wagnerw said:
    Rant/Rave/Questions? Starting to try thinking more about registry items but so lost on where to start, what is needed, etc.  Any STM's have advice on car seats?  We think we found one we like, but thought about getting two.  DH and I work an hour apart and are not sure ow it would work to only have one to share between vehicles.  

(Any thoughts on starting some sort of thread/ BTDT type of thread for questions?)
    My two cents: for DS, we were gifted the stroller/car seat combo. It worked fine. The base was installed in my car, and if DH ever had to have DS in his car, then he just strapped the car seat in without the base. If you have the infant car seat, it will pretty much travel with baby. If you take him/her to daycare, the car seat will most likely stay with baby and whoever picks him up will have the car seat. We still have the infant car seat, but this go around, I'd really like to invest in a 3 in 1 convertible car seat. CA passed a new law that babies must be backwards facing until 2 years old (plus studies have found that it is much safer for baby to face backwards). It just makes more sense to not really have to deal with the infant car seat (DS only fit in that for about 10 months) and just make the bigger purchase on a car seat that will last for YEARS. But with all that being said, I still have everything from DS, including infant car seat and stroller, so I may use the infant car seat as the back up car seat in DHs car. I also want to baby wear so I don't think the stroller will get much use.
  • @wagnerw I am thinking the same thing as @KirstinH88. We used infant car seats with DS and DD, but this time I am thinking of going with a convertible seat from the start. In order to use a stroller, I think I want to get a stroller with a bassinet attachment, so the baby can be flat (infants cannot be in reclined strollers until they have head/neck control). Lugging an infant seat is annoying, and I had to get a bigger convertible seat by the time my kids were 6 months old (because they got big very quickly). 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @wagnerw we had the infant car seats with DD and had a base in each of our cars. It was so nice to be able to just snap that thing in and out of the bases. We had a Greco travel system the first time and just bought an additional base. We still have that stroller so we are just going to buy another Greco seat with an extra base this time. 

The other things that are on our must have list this time are: wipe warmer (it silly but makes night time changing so much more pleasant), mamaroo (we wouldn't have survived the first 3 months without it), Halo sleep sacks, and gowns for night time (having zippers and buttons when you're half asleep blows.. the gowns are elastic at the bottom and are the BEST at night). The things you will need in the first few weeks is really minimal compared to what you think you will need. :) 
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @KirstinH88 @ebloom3 @BeachMommy2B  Thank you all so much for your feedback, that helps a lot!  I feel as though I have some sort of direction now! :smile:
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker