Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Expanding foods for picky eater

My daughter just turned 3 and has gotten super picky about what she'll eat.  I know part of the problem is she's too "busy" at meal time and isn't interested in eating instead of playing.  I should probably be better about making her sit at the table, but it's a huge battle every time.  She has a very limited list of foods that she'll eat... mostly fruit, dairy and plain pasta.  For dinner we rotate between nitrate free turkey hotdogs, dinosaur chicken nuggets and pizza.  She refuses to even try anything new.  Anyone have suggestions on how to get her to try new things or other foods to try?  Did anyone have a super picky eater, that grew out of it or have something that helped fix it?  Thanks!
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Expanding foods for picky eater

• Options
    BestmomideasBestmomideas member
    edited September 2016
    We do a smoothie everyday and I sneak veggies into the smoothies since none of mine are big veggie eaters. I also sneak puréed veggies into things like pizza sauce, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, etc. Not too many so it won't change the taste, but enough so they are getting the vitamins and nutrients that they need. 
  • Options
    dufferoodufferoo member
    edited September 2016
    I special prepare breakfast and lunch for my son and make sure to include the healthiest foods he likes. For dinner, I just make regular healthy family dinners and if my son chooses not to eat much, he doesn't get anything else instead. In general, we try to stay away from carby snacks, because my son will just fill up on that and then refuse healthy stuff. I mean, he gets a few at preschool, or suckers at the bank and whatnot, but in general I try not to waste calories on stuff with no nutritional value.