October 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples 9/26

kmvisiolikmvisioli member
edited September 2016 in October 2016 Moms
It's the end of September! Some of us have babies in arms, some of us are so close to the finish line- yay! I'm attempting to make questions appropriate for all of us...

1. How far along, or how far postpartum?

2. Upcoming appointments or milestones?

3. Rants/Raves/Positives

4. If your babies have arrived, what has been the biggest surprise so far? If still waiting on babies, what are you most looking forward to?

Re: Moms of Multiples 9/26

• Kudos to still posting this thread!! 

36+2 

NST and BPP on Thursday. Fingers crossed that I'm more dilated this time and get sent to L&D. If not, induction next Monday (10/3). 

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    Im so done. I have nothing left to give this pregnancy. The only positive I can think of is that the girls should not need NICU time for an extended period of time and should be able to come home with us. 

4. If your babies have arrived, what has been the biggest surprise so far? If still waiting on babies, what are you most looking forward to?
    I'm looking forward to not carrying around this much weight in baby and working on trying to get my body back to somewhat normal. Oh, and some alcohol. And it goes without needing mentioned - baby snuggles! 
  • 1. How far along, or how far postpartum?
    13 days pp

The babies have their 2wk check-up tomorrow, and I have mine on Thursday

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    C-section recovery is a lot different than for natural birth, but my body feels SO much better not carrying these two anymore. Nursing has been going well so far, and I'm amazed that my body is naturally producing more than enough for two babies already! The only challenge there is the occasional frustration of one refusing to eat on the same schedule as the other, which leads to spending an hour and a half chained to the couch bfing...

My mom is in town until the 5th to help out, which I know I should be thankful for but I'm already kind of annoyed having her here. I'm sure once DH is fully back to work I'll be more glad she's around, though.

Everyone warned that twins are a spectacle and people will stop you everywhere, but it is way more than I imagined. Just leaving the hospital 5 groups of people stopped to gawk or comment! I've also been pleasantly surprised that their schedules have stayed fairly well coordinated, so we are getting nice 2-3hr chunks of sleep all night and most of the day (hallelujah!)
  • Loading the player...
  • @kmvisioli . Yes thank you for posting!  I definitely feel like I'm currently living in baby fog..

11 days PP

Babies 2 week appt on Wednesday & my 2 week appt Friday 

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    I love these little peanuts so much!  

Rant- the sleep deprivation is real.  My mom is here helping so I'm trying to catch naps when I can but it's easier said than done.  We're EBF and right now it's every 3 hours.  The babies are nursing champs but Lily has some tummy issues which has been tough.  Poor hunny!

biggest surprise is also how well my milk is producing.  This was something I really wanted to do for the babies and I'm glad it's going well. 
  • edited September 2016
    0 days PP....happy birthday to my babies!

Nope

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    I'm so in love with DS2 and DD!  Big brother is too!

I am surprised that I already have had more success BFing  than I did with DS1.
    Today was a total success all around even after my blood pressure dropped after my spinal.  

37w2d

C-section is scheduled for 12 tomorrow afternoon!!!! This time tomorrow I'll have my babies!

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    -H was sick yesterday  and my mom has been sick all day today. So I'm praying I don't get whatever they have/had. H just woke up and he's sick again.  I think they have a stomach bug. :(

im most looking forward to having the girls on the outside tomorrow. I'm ready to finally meet my girls. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay, happy birthday @JessK1014! So excited for you @KenderTas06- can't wait to see your update!
    18 days PP. Makes me so sad.

Nothing for me until mid-October. Lots of appointments for the boys.

3. Rants/Raves/Positives
    I miss being pregnant. I'm surviving on zero sleep and pure adrenaline. I fit in my PP clothes already.

How hard it is having two. I mean, I knew it would be hard, but I have one that nurses and one that I EP for so feedings are hard. BF is wayyyyy easier this time. One is super chill and calm and one is at a 10 all the time. Having a toddler too makes it so much harder as I feel like I'm constantly neglecting her/her time.

I can't wait until they STTN, haha.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • @nlane0723 does your toddler go to school or daycare? or do you have any friends that could take her to the park etc for a few hours? I know it's not the same as you spending time with your first babe, but it might help you not feel as guilty. I know a lot of moms with new babies will read books with the older child while they nurse but that sounds like it wouldn't really work for you with twins. I am assuming it's very hard to balance your time between all the kids- but don't be too hard on yourself or let the mama guilt eat you up- it will balance out soon! 
  • @nlane0723 sounds like we have similar twin personalities- I have one mellow guy and one screamer. I am trying to be really intentional about not always attending to the more dominant one first, but it's hard to give them equal attention. Also I know TV time is not ideal, but I've found that some snuggle time with DS1 while watching Thomas or Daniel Tiger is a nice bonding time where I can still take it easy and nurse. I'm also really making a point to be present for his bedtime routine,
    which makes a big difference for both of us.
  • Congratulations @sjo_thetwins! I hope your NICU team is great and gets those girls into your arms quickly!
  • @nlane0723 . @kmvisioli Yes- my twins are the same. Lily is a spitfire and Eli is super chill.  It's crazy and awesome how different they are! 

@sjo_thetwins @JessK1014 Congrats on your babes arriving! 

• @nlane0723, @kmvisioli
    We are now 6 days PP. Last night was the first night we had DS1 through the night in addition to the twins.  The grandparents have helped to entertain him some,  but he was definitely missing mommy and daddy quite a bit.   I was fearful of him continuing to cosleep with us,  but it worked out fine.  I do feel bad when I've got a baby feeding and hubby is supplementing the other and DS1 needs something or feels neglected.   I have let him snuggle some while I'm BFing one baby.  I still haven't managed a tandem feed.   I have supply issues to work out, but am hopeful for that day so hubby can pay attention to DS1.