October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

• Yay @CopperBoom86!! I knew there had to be a solution out there!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @CopperBoom86 OMG!! I'm just so thrilled for you!! Thank goodness for that woman in your husband's HR - she could have just forgotten to mention that or something and you'd still be freaking out.  I say, cry away, my dear...you're 9 months pregnant and emotional to begin with, with news like this I'd be just bubbling over with emotions!!
  • Loading the player...
  • kmyers228 said:
    Sex has been horrible for me this whole pregnancy, it's been just awful. But Saturday it was actually much better so I was surprised! I think @AllyTheKid mentioned it was better for her too recently and now she's in labor, so maybe it is a sign that labor is getting closer! (Fx anyways)
    @kmyers228 Wait, really? I missed her saying that. God I hope so. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @NoraAurora Every. Single. Day. and I don't even have kids yet

LOL, my thought was "it's not like I've been drinking!"
  • edited September 2016
    Sex? What's that? I think we are considered virgins again. LOL 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @CopperBoom86 so happy it all worked out!! What a sigh of relief!!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @CopperBoom86 I am so happy for you that it worked out!!! What a huge relief!!! Tears are totally justified.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LOL, my thought was "it's not like I've been drinking!"
    LOL.  Yes to this.  We were watching the JonBenet documentary and DH was like "oh their house is so messy. look how messy it is."  I look at him and say "are you serious right now? because look at our house"  
  • ashleyp625ashleyp625 member
    edited September 2016
    @copperboom86 I'm so glad it all worked out! That's such a big relief. 

So I travel between schools within the day, and I have 30 minutes to get packed at one, drive 15 min to the next and get unpacked and ready to teach. Today there was a lane closed on the highway and tons of slow traffic, so I was late. I was wondering why my kids weren't here waiting for me- apparently we were on a lockdown for a bank robbery in the community. I didn't know about it because I wasn't even here yet for the announcement, so I got yelled at for being in the hallway. Really? At least my kids didn't know I was late ;) 
  • Sex has been mostly enjoyable so far. Doc told us doggie style was best get things moving in the rigbt direction.  The other day it was extremely painful. It almost felt like something (someone) was pushing back. I let FI continue for his sake. Probably his last horrah for awhile. 
  • edited September 2016

I have 3 weeks left of work after this week and I am so done! It hurts to get up out of this stupid office chair! Oh and I'm just hungry all the time.

Oops probably should have went on the bitch fest!

• I'm so done with work. I know everybody else is, too, and I'm jumping on that train. I can't seem to focus much, which doesn't really matter because there isn't much to do in the first place. I have like 1 or 2 petty little things that probably should get done before I leave, but I just can't bring myself to get through them. I'm just ready to be at home. I wish they would give me a VPN so I could do some work from home and just be in the office part time, but they have been very picky about who they hand out VPNs to, and I am not on that list... wahwah poor me.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • @cooperboom21 so glad you guys have a happy outcome with the health insurance! What a huge stress relief!!!

re sex- I have been on pelvic rest since 18 weeks. I think I'm a born again virgin. 
  • Now I'm sitting here thinking about all the people who make just $398 a year more than us who also work for small companies. How do they do it? My heart is broken for them. I was literally going to have to change jobs to a large company just to be able to afford healthcare for the baby. That's insane. I know the "Affordable" Health Care Act has made it possible for the lower income bracket to receive healthcare, and that's all fine and well, but it's clearly hung the middle class out to dry. God help us if the next president doesn't reform it. 
    I think about this all the time. My H is an assistant at a public school, and if our income was not combined, he would qualify for all types of government assistance. It's definitely no salary to live on. I feel for all the single moms who have the same job :-/
  • emmaaa said:
    My official last day of work before maternity leave is October 7. Which is my due date. But it feels good to have it finalized.
    Mine too mine too! But I'm due the 10th and keep telling him he can come anytime after 4:30 on the 7th :)
  • This should probably go somewhere else, but @CopperBoom86 freaked me out... When does a baby go to the dentist?  I hadn't even thought to add him to dental when he's born.  Ugh.. bad future mom of the day award goes to me.
  • Piperella said:
    This should probably go somewhere else, but @CopperBoom86 freaked me out... When does a baby go to the dentist?  I hadn't even thought to add him to dental when he's born.  Ugh.. bad future mom of the day award goes to me.
    I asked around about this and the general consensus was, no need to add them to dental right away. I'll probably add him at the next open enrollment but not right at birth.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• emmaaa said:
    My official last day of work before maternity leave is October 7. Which is my due date. But it feels good to have it finalized.
    Mine too mine too! But I'm due the 10th and keep telling him he can come anytime after 4:30 on the 7th :)
    This little girl can come after Saturday. I really need to work this week and tie up loose ends 
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Piperella said:
    This should probably go somewhere else, but @CopperBoom86 freaked me out... When does a baby go to the dentist?  I hadn't even thought to add him to dental when he's born.  Ugh.. bad future mom of the day award goes to me.
    I was going to say something about this but decided not to - my dentist won't take patients under age 3 unless there is some kind of dental problem happening, and my optometrist won't take them til age 2. I believe 18 months is the youngest that dentists will take kids - which makes sense because they barely have teeth. So no worries if you don't add baby to dental/vision yet.
  • For dental and vision, there's not a definite NEED to add your babies right away. Most kids don't need dental or eye checkups til they are older (like 3 for dental and 4/5 for vision) ... If there is a problem that would require them to see a dentist or optometrist early, your health insurance would *likely* cover it ... 

Just don't be a slacker like me and wait til the kid is five before you realize she NEVER got added to your vision plan. Oops! Good thing we haven't noticed any problems with her vision ... she'll be added at open enrollment in November for sure ... Might add DS too just so I don't forget again. :) 
  • CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited September 2016
    RE: Dental insurance... I don't know if this is just BCBS of Alabama or not, but it's worth looking into- 

When my HR person called to get the cost to add Reagan to my insurance, BCBS told her it wasn't required that we enroll Reagan in dental insurance right away, but that if we didn't, we could NOT enroll her in dental in the future. They "never have open enrollment for dental plans." 

That made ZERO sense to me, but she assured me that was their rule. So before you opt out, make sure you can add it at a later date.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 that's super confusing to me because DH and I don't have dental right now, we get our health insurance (Highmark Blue Cross) through the marketplace, and we decided that we're going to enroll in dental as well for next year come open enrollment. Every year it gives us the option of enrolling in a dental plan.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That moment when you have to stop and lay down because you're not sure if your water broke or if you're just that damn sweaty. Fall weather, you can come any day now...
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Thanks for talking me off the edge, everyone!  My health is tied to vision, so my LO will be covered there regardless. I have Anthem for health and DeltaCare for dental, so because it's separate, I can enroll LO during next year's open enrollment (Oct. 17 for Jan 2018).  Thank you for the clarification.  Whew.  I hadn't even considered that.  

In other random news, I fell on my hands and knees today, but I did call the Ob and LO has been moving like normal and I didn't have any more or different discharge, so I didn't have to go in.  I am definitely sore now, but I think I scared myself more than anything.  I was getting more upset that I would hurt myself to the point my DH wouldn't want to go on our date tonight.
  • @nlane0723 I like that you're sticking around!!! Lurk all you want. I will be asking you tons of questions once I have an actual baby to deal with haha

• @LGW2015 - Yeah, I didn't ask many questions about it because when she told me how much it would cost us a month, I knew we couldn't afford it anyway. Now I wish I had asked a few more because it seems completely illogical. 

Anyway, I just wanted to put that out there. Didn't want anyone to get burned in the long run. Never hurts to ask! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @nlane0723 - that's sweet that you miss inside babies! I remember feeling that way after DS (kind of lonely or something) but I really don't think I will feel that way this time. I am just sooo excited at the idea of having my body back all to myself....in a year or so...
  • @nlane0723  How are your boys doing?

@Piperella there's actually some disagreement over when kids should go to the dentist for the first time.  Some people (dentists mostly) say shortly after the first tooth erupts.  My family doctor said around 2 years of age.  Either way, you're safe to wait until the next open enrollment period.
  • Good luck @annabenanna! I hope your baby flips for you! And key lime pie sounds delicious right now.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thinking flippy thoughts for your baby @annabenanna