January 2017 Moms

23 weeks, no morning sickness for a while until today

So wifey is 23 weeks, has not had any morning sickness since the beginning of the 2nd trimester, today she had her usual breakfast (oatmeal, banana and left over zeppole from street fair(added bonus)) and a few minutes later she felt completely nauseous and it all came up.   Freaked her out a little bit.  Has anyone had a similar thing happen to them?

Thanks

John
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 23 weeks, no morning sickness for a while until today

• That's pretty normal. If she's unable to keep anything down, especially liquids for more than 24 hours, she should call her OB/MW and see if there is something they can give her.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • johnnydrojohnnydro member
    edited September 2016
    @emy730  Thank you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Totally normal for it to come and go, it could also just be a touch of a stomach bug, also completely normal and no big deal as long as she doesn't run a high fever or get dehydrated. 
  • Totally normal for it to come and go, it could also just be a touch of a stomach bug, also completely normal and no big deal as long as she doesn't run a high fever or get dehydrated. 
  • exactly what @emy730 said. Sounds normal to me since I still have bouts of nausea. But if it lasts all day and she has other symptoms, give her OB/midwife a call. 

•                                     
                                                Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Thank you all for the responses, wifey was going to head into work.  My mother was giving her a ride.  she ended up going in and her boss took one look at her and said go home.  Thankfully she works with good people.  She was eating bread and drinking water (wifey is from europe apparently that's their go to thing) when I chatted with her a few min ago.  First viable pregnancy so we take no changes.

Thank you again for listening to my questions.

John
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 24 weeks today.  Just had to pull the car over, open the car door and puke while sitting in the drivers seat - people driving by slowly to watch me and everything (I was fully anticipating being pulled over by a cop for suspected DUI).  Morning sickness timeframes are a joke.  It ain't just morning and it ain't limited to the first trimester.
    BabyName Ticker