February 2017 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating 9/26

What's on your plates this week? 
Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: What my pregnant self is eating 9/26

• Everything apple. We went apple picking and I have 40 lbs worth of apples.... going to be making pies, jams & apple sauce. Thank goodness for that extra freezer in the basement! 

I've also been craving tacos all weekend. Might need to get me a fix today.
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Corn chowder! MIL made it yesterday with the Fall weather sinking in...at least for now. Boy was it gooood. I also have been eating more sweet bell peppers....I have always liked them but I have been having one almost daily. Red and orange are my favs. And lots of tea with honey to combat these Fall allergies/cold symptoms
  • @AfKash We're going to need to see that recipe on the fall food thread!
  • Apples, apple sauce, apples with peanut butter, apples with caramel dip, Apple pie. I've also traded my morning coffee for hot chocolate. It feels like fall now, so I want all the soups and stews! 
  • +1 to apples with peanut butter! 
  • Guys, I'm having a hard core craving for Tacos and a pumpkin spice latte.  Also Cherry Soda and Sour punch straws.  Pregnancy is weird.  Since Sour Punch straws aren't Gluten Free I will be getting three of those four things for lunch today.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @concreteangell and @tishb if you're loving and obsessing over the apples like I am, check out my apple crisp recipe in the Fall Foods thread... I've literally been making an apple crisp every other week with Honeycrisp apples! SO SO SO SO SO SO GOOD!

@AfKash I did that last week too and it's been so amazing! And so much less expensive than going to Starbucks every day... haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • CAndradaCAndrada member
    edited September 2016
    Well, I tried to be healthy and have fruit and oatmeal for breakfast, but it came back up, so now I'm eating sour candy. This week is pretty busy so we'll be out quite a bit. I do plan on making pumpkin cake at some point though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Apples are the best. There is a produce stand by my house that stocks, like, 8 kinds of apples, all "local" (they say they're local, probably from Washington state. Close enough.) I have been buying honey crisps there for the past few weeks for $0.99/lb - which is about $1.50 cheaper than the grocery store across the street. And they are the best apples ever. Apples and cheese is my favorite snack.

Last night I made Spanish rice and black beans and broccoli and chicken. Topped with cheese (of course, all the cheese) and hot sauce. It was delicious.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm once again having spicy chicken sandwich (extra pickles) for lunch. Go chick-fil-a!
  • I need Chik-fil-a!!!!!! I may have to take a road trip soon, just for  spicy chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and that ridiculously sweet tea!
  • After our A/S, I had a celebratory pumpkin flavored bagel this morning...  with Pumpkin Spice coffee.  Would have pumpkin cream cheese too, but I didn't see it till after I ordered.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Taco Bueno is doing a 5 for $5 deal, and an order of refried beans is on the list of eligible items...I'm considering just getting a drink and 4 orders of beans lol

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• I've been crazy for peaches for months, and am so sad the season is pretty much over ( I made 3 peach pies!).  But I've generally wanted really simple comfort foods, pastas, etc.  Although we just got a Shake Shack close to us and we went last night and it was great!!  Yay for burgers and fries!
  • I just had a huge pregnancy win. I went to Taco Bueno to get the 5 for $5 deal. I ordered a sweet iced tea, 1 bean burrito, 2 orders of beans, and a cheesecake chimi. They give me the bag and before I leave the lot I do my usual inspection and realize they gave me two orders of nachos (instead of beans), and a soda. I go into the store and alert them to the mistake. The guy apologizes, tells me to keep the wrong order, then goes and makes my entire order over.....so now I have 2 burritos, 2 orders of beans, 2 nachos, and 2 cheesecake chimis... #winning
    Is it terrible that I am very bothered by the fact that you said you got two 5 for $5's but only listed getting 8 things.  WHAT WERE THE OTHER TWO ITEMS?  I need to know...for science...
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've been having English muffins with peanut butter, chobani yogurt, and orange juice daily. Not all together but some arrangement of those items each day for weeks now. 
  • Haha @MrsDramaK I other thing was my drink (the sweet tea), which brings the total to 9. The 10th thing would've been the soda they originally gave me, but they tossed that for some reason.

ME: 25, DH: 27

TTC #1 since 09/2015

Miscarriage @ 10 wks 02/28/2016

BFP 05/28/2016!

• It's apple season!!! My two older kids needed apples for school, and I'm making apple muffins for my daughters class later in the week. I had some leftover apples so I made cinnamon apple bread. Ahhh it was so good!!!!
  • Haha @MrsDramaK I other thing was my drink (the sweet tea), which brings the total to 9. The 10th thing would've been the soda they originally gave me, but they tossed that for some reason.
    Thank you.  My brain was itching.
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WinchesterGirl posted recipe in Fall food thread!,

• Pad thai is amazeballs. Now I'm stuffed to the gills... that is all. :smile:
  • Thanks guys, now I want tacos and apples! Just not necessarily at the same time. 
  • For as often as I roll my eyes at certain customers ordering veggie sandwiches(I'm terrible I know), I find myself making an awful lot of them for myself lately. Had one just for lunch today, I love carbs so I think I use it as an excuse to get veggies in there too. If it works it works. Aside from that I got a mad craving for sour gummies after work today, had to go to a rival grocery store to get some because the one I work at has a s*** bulk section.
  • Taffy Apple. Husband says it's not healthy.  Pshhh, it's fruit AND has nuts for protein. 

• Anything & everything! Today it is like there is a hole in me that i simply cannot fill no matter what i eat!
  • As the weather has turned cold, I have been craving Emergen-C (Super Orange).  Can I just say how bizarre it is to crave a vitamin supplement?  Anyway, the packet says preggos have to check with their doctors before drinking, my doc gave me the okay and I swear it was the best-tasting drink I had in a month.  So bizarre.
  • As the weather has turned cold, I have been craving Emergen-C (Super Orange).  Can I just say how bizarre it is to crave a vitamin supplement?  Anyway, the packet says preggos have to check with their doctors before drinking, my doc gave me the okay and I swear it was the best-tasting drink I had in a month.  So bizarre.
    I wonder if your body is lacking Vitamin C. I really believe that cravings like that are your body telling you somethings wrong or missing.  Also, your doc didn't say anything about Pica?

• AfKash said:
    I wonder if your body is lacking Vitamin C. I really believe that cravings like that are your body telling you somethings wrong or missing.  Also, your doc didn't say anything about Pica?
    She's not worried about Pica unless I start wanting to eat things that aren't food. Due to nausea, I've been eating mostly carbs & starches, so my body probably is asking for Vitamin C and other things that I usually get from fruits & veggies, but just can't seem to eat/keep down at the moment.
  • I'm eating chocolate covered animal cookies right now.
  • Today I had a craving for PB&J so strong I immediately went to the store to buy the ingredients and made myself one for lunch at work. Then I ate most of what I had originally bought for lunch, fettuccini alfredo. Then I ate a Honey bun.

Welp, at least my appetite is finally starting to return.

• I'm being good for the first time ever and I went grocery shopping while traveling for work. ( This means no free hipster foodie places for dinner every night like usual).

I got stuff to make giant salads for the next 3 nights, spinach, baby kale, green & red peppers, avacado, roast beef, and balsamic Italian dressing. Not only do I give myself 4,000,000 brownie points, I also felt tough guy kick for the first time while eating my giant pile of ruffage. Plus, it was really good.

Perhaps now I need a Starbucks pumpkin loaf. I mean, I do have a $50 daily food allowance.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker