February 2017 Moms

Monday B*fest

You know you wanna!

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest

• One of our staff quit Friday Afternoon for no apparent reason and with no notice (literally he wasn't even on the schedule Friday he just came in, quit and left).  So now I get to spend this week doing all of his work AND all of my work.

Yippe.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited September 2016
    MrsDramaK said:
    One of our staff quit Friday Afternoon for no apparent reason and with no notice (literally he wasn't even on the schedule Friday he just came in, quit and left).  So now I get to spend this week doing all of his work AND all of my work.

Yippe.
    That sucks. At our school our 8th grade science teacher just quit without notice, so we had to sub his class during our planning period, it sucked. Luckily we have a long term sub now until they hirer a new teacher. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Loading the player...
  • @skiingstark covering classes during your plan is the woooooorst! Hopefully the long term sub is doing okay? Sometimes that can even be more chaotic because they don't know what they're doing. Hopefully you get a new teacher soon!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • MrsDramaK said:
    One of our staff quit Friday Afternoon for no apparent reason and with no notice (literally he wasn't even on the schedule Friday he just came in, quit and left).  So now I get to spend this week doing all of his work AND all of my work.

Yippe.
    That sucks. At our school our 8th grade science teacher just quit without notice, so we had to sub his class during our planning out it sucked. Luckily we have a long term sub now until they hirer a new teacher. 
    Yeah the issue is, he handled all our Medicaid billing, and it will take me months to get someone up to his level.  We spent 6 months with me double checking everything he did before he was allowed to fly on his own.  And with me having a baby in February we don't have that kind of time to get someone else up to that level.  It's going to be a rough couple months.
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I feel like absolute crap but I'm trying to stay at work. My head is killing me and I'm more nauseous than I have been in a month. 
  • @ladyoriza I'm feeling like crap this morning too. My head hurts, my stomach just feels plain yucky, and I just want to go to sleep. I'm sorry you're feeling it too :( it sucks!
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

• I knew it would happen, everyone kept saying "I hope you get your boy this time", so when we found out this one was a girl the comments haven't been surprising... But seriously making me a little mad! This little girl is so loved and I feel like she is going to complete our family. Why do people think we need a boy to finish the puzzle? People are already planning our 4th pregnancy that I am 99% sure won't happen! Poopheads.
    I'm sure we would have had to deal with the same thing if this one was another boy. I'm not sure why outsiders think you HAVE to have both sexes to be happy.
  • @peachesnbean they are so rude. I always wondered why people said things like that- what's wrong with a simple "that's awesome, congrats!" ? But nope, I'm sorry they had to add in their 2 cents
  • It's some sort of LA county thing where your bathroom fan has to be humidity sensing instead of just being able to turn it on like a fucking normal person. 

these fans are all SUPER ugly.  I am at an impasse. 
  • Began my day getting two fillings at the dentist where the dental assistant found out we were having a boy (after 2 girls). And in the same line of thinking @peachesnbean encountered, I got to hear "You must be so happy to finally have a boy." Then I got to go grocery shopping. Now my teeth hurt and Tylenol ain't cutting it.

• @peachesnbean People need to learn to zip it! I think if they keep mentioning it you should just give them a puzzled look, and ask them why it's so important to them that you have both boys and girls. Do they feel that you need a boy for some reason? Put the awkwardness back on them, and then do one of those inward evil laughs when they fumble.
  • tishbtishb member
    edited September 2016
    My bitchfest is about a friend of mine. I had mentioned that I was going to have to go shopping for maternity clothes because I was getting very limited in what still fit. She said she had some maternity pants that she was going to dig out for me. I told her I'd for sure give them a try because anything that fit was okay by me. Her response was hopefully an unintentional burn, if not I want to punch her. She said "Well I gained a LOT of weight when I was pregnant, so hopefully they'll work." I didn't respond because the only thing I could thing to say was "say what b***h?!?" We're pretty close to the same size, except I'm taller, so I was just like wow!  :s
  • this weekend was our last beach weekend (we have a 5th wheel trailer that we keep down there all summer) and my stomach was just not on board with any food. We wanted to make this last weekend special as a little family of 3, so we went out to some awesome restaurants and I couldn't eat anything without feeling like I was going to puke everywhere. *sigh* 

• @tishb :hushed::hushed::hushed: Uhm, that was a sucky comment.

I don't have much worth complaining about today, so I will just say if the possums could stop spreading our trash alllll over the yard, that would be great. They've never messed with our cans before, and all of a sudden they keep coming back several times a week and making a mess. 
  • @tishb :hushed::hushed::hushed: Uhm, that was a sucky comment.

Stuck in the box!

yeah, I used the term "friend" very loosely today. I'm very put off by that. She is one of this people though, doesn't really hear the things she says... they usually come
    out horrible. But as a growing and hormonal pregnant woman, I was straight up offended!
  • @tishb could she have meant that she gained a lot of weight so they may have gotten stretched out from original size? Because that can happen. I would just brush her comment off or take it in a positive way. Haha
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I'm feeling a little extra bitchy today. I've had a migraine since thursday afternoon that has not responded to any type of painkiller I've taken and it feels like I'm getting a little excessive on the acetaminophen. I broke down and called my OB and all they said was "are you drinking water? Maybe try some vitamins." 
    BITCH. I've guzzled nothing but water and gatorade the past four days and have been on vitamins for months. The fact that I can't get out of bed to see the light of day and my ears are ringing like the freaking liberty bell is a problem. WebMD told me I have meningitis. Vitamins don't cure that shit. 
    I'm sorry you have that migraine! But I totally just lol'ed at this part! Just the way I heard it! I hope you get some relief soon!
  • tishb said:
    I'm feeling a little extra bitchy today. I've had a migraine since thursday afternoon that has not responded to any type of painkiller I've taken and it feels like I'm getting a little excessive on the acetaminophen. I broke down and called my OB and all they said was "are you drinking water? Maybe try some vitamins." 
    BITCH. I've guzzled nothing but water and gatorade the past four days and have been on vitamins for months. The fact that I can't get out of bed to see the light of day and my ears are ringing like the freaking liberty bell is a problem. WebMD told me I have meningitis. Vitamins don't cure that shit. 
    I'm sorry you have that migraine! But I totally just lol'ed at this part! Just the way I heard it! I hope you get some relief soon!
    Thanks! They just called in a prescription for Fioricet which I know won't work because I took one of my dad's Friday night and it didn't help. They told me to come back tomorrow for a morphine/sleepy drug injection if I don't feel better. As if I have all day tomorrow to sleep off a massive narcotic. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tishb said:
    I'm feeling a little extra bitchy today. I've had a migraine since thursday afternoon that has not responded to any type of painkiller I've taken and it feels like I'm getting a little excessive on the acetaminophen. I broke down and called my OB and all they said was "are you drinking water? Maybe try some vitamins." 
    Thanks! They just called in a prescription for Fioricet which I know won't work because I took one of my dad's Friday night and it didn't help. They told me to come back tomorrow for a morphine/sleepy drug injection if I don't feel better. As if I have all day tomorrow to sleep off a massive narcotic. 
    When I was having migraines and asked to get something better than tylenol my Dr said to drink more water. It was miserable for about a month!! Water didn't do anything.  I really hope the meds help, and you can get some relief!! :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I don't know if it's the morning sickness, or it just smells bad. But I threw in a freezer meal in the crockpot and now I don't want it because it's smelling up the house, and not in a good way. Never tried this recipe before, and I don't want to waste food, but this is just bad. I'm not impressed. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Maternity tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @kswiger06 I can't imagine having no relief that long! Unfortunately, the pharmacy has somehow "lost" my prescription and claims they never got it. I've tried to get it three times with no success. I eventually called to see if they'd call my dr's office (which I had already done twice) and the pharmacist hung up on me before I could even ask when to come back. I'm about to get a "can I speak to the manager" haircut and take my pregnant ass down to that pharmacy sweatpants and all one last time with some choice words if this lady doesn't get her shit together.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @tishb my analysis is that I think your friend didn't mean any harm by it. It sounds like one of those things that just come out and you don't realize what other meaning they could have. I mean, after all she is offering to loan you her clothes, right?

@LivingLaVidaGinger I can't remember if you work or if you have other kids at home. I know it's much harder if you have either of the above. When I had my concussion earlier, caffeine also helped my headache. Have you tried that? I hope you get relief very soon!

• @PerraSucia I hate bathroom vents. We got some that are hidden in two can lights for our master, and they are my favorite thing in the universe.

I would get a sensor switch and a pretty-ish or invisible fan. 

Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Lafreeman21 we have a sensor switch in our bigger bathrom and it has a mind of it's own and is always going off whenever..   We looked at the can ones and they had total shit reviews!  Do you think one would be enough for a tiny bathroom? 
  • @Lafreeman21 we have a sensor switch in our bigger bathrom and it has a mind of it's own and is always going off whenever..   We looked at the can ones and they had total shit reviews!  Do you think one would be enough for a tiny bathroom? 
    Our master is 12x8 or so, so we installed 2 (they're only 70 cfm). CFM sizing is not the most straightforward thing; you have to factor in room volume, vent diameter, vent length, vent obstructions (bends, flexible vs smooth wall pipe). Our hall bath vent is undersized because our vent line to the exterior is too long.  I tend to ignore reviews about the van being under-powered in a small room; there's 3 or 4 more variables in the attic they may not have adjusted correctly for.
    Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ladyoriza said:
    @tishbwhen I first read her comment, I actually thought she was saying the opposite. That they might be too big for you. 
    Me too
  • @Lafreeman21 I was more afraid of loudness on top of crap ventilation 
  • homemake said:
    ladyoriza said:
    @tishbwhen I first read her comment, I actually thought she was saying the opposite. That they might be too big for you. 
    Me too
    Me three. 
    Although you know her better than we do. Is she the type to say kind of shitty things? 
  • Ugh! My building just turned off the A/C for the season. This is one of the main reasons why I can't wait until we own our own home.  Being an asthmatic ain't easy without A/C.  :'(