February 2017 Moms

PGAL check in - week of 9/26

This is a weekly thread for those of us who are pregnant after experiencing loss of any stage (chemical, miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal) to support one another. 

Please introduce your self if this is your first time participating

Good of luck to those of us with appointments this week!

1. Tell us about yourself (if your first participating)

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 

5. When is your next appointment? 

6. Rants/raves/whatever 

7. Anything else on your mind? 

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity?
Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: PGAL check in - week of 9/26

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 18+5, 2/22/17 and Team Pink!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) I am so hungry all the time

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Okay I guess.  I hadn't felt the baby move all weekend, so I made DH go get me a soda, that caused so much kicking I couldn't sleep.  Also I'm having a hard time transition to not sleeping on my stomach

5. When is your next appointment? Anatomy Scan on 10/7.  DH couldn't get off, so my mom offered to come which I'm really happy about.

6. Rants/raves/whatever Three staff members who each handle the same job either quit or got fired in the last 6 weeks (with the last of which being Friday) so I have too much work and I am pissed.

7. Anything else on your mind? Nope.

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity? My brother, SIL, Nieces and Nephew do an annual trip to a pumpkin field/apple orchard and then we carve pumpkins and make homemade pumpkin seed.  We're doing that this weekend so I'm excited!
     Me: 27 | DH: 28
    TTC since January 2016

BFP - 3/12/16 - MC 4/5/16
    BFP - 6/11/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 18 + 6, team one week to go until we find out!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms): ok, still nauseous in the morning. Hip and back pain is gettting worse.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise): pretty bad anxiety. My mom lost a pregnancy at 19 weeks, so its been on my mind a lot. I'm trying to take comfort in the wiggles, but since this is my first pregnancy that has gotten to this point I'm still not 100 percent convinced I'm not just hallucinating.

5. When is your next appointment? Tomorrow, for an OB checkup. Hopefully the heartbeat is found quickly so I don't panic.

6. Rants/raves/whatever: I'm really happy the weather has cooled off.

7. Anything else on your mind? A friend's wedding is on Saturday and I'm running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done. Hopefully my dress alternations come out correctly and the bride's sister doesn't go into labor at the ceremony.

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity? Hiking! I love being outside in the fall. Pumpkin picking and hayrides/corn mazes are fun too. Renaissance faire! 

• Loading the player...
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 19+6, 14-Feb, Pink

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) restless sleep, peeing too often, and lower back pain

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) baby kicks have helped tremendously

5. When is your next appointment? next month, followup u/s with high risk ob

6. Rants/raves/whatever We are going out of town this weekend for a football game and I can't wait! 

7. Anything else on your mind? nope

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity? FL doesn't have a fall season. But I still enjoy baking fall-like treats. 
    Married 2/12/2015
    PCOS Dx June 2016
    BFP #1 8/4/2015, MMC 9/24/2015
     DD 2/13/2017 
    BFP #3 8/24/2017, MC 9/20/2017
    BFP #4 11/14/2017, CP
    BFP #5 1/5/2018, MC/BO 2/17/2018
    BFP #6 7/15/2018, CP
    BFP #7 12/15/2018, EDD 8/28/2019
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• 1. Tell us about yourself -

Sorry, this is a long story! **TW - MC**

H and I are both 31, been together for 6.5 years and married almost 1.5. When I was 20, I had a pelvic infection that messed up my fallopian tubes - the doctor told me that if/when I wanted to get pregnant, I would most likely need IVF. When H and I got together, I wasn't on birth control, and after a short while we stopped using condoms, figuring if by chance I got pregnant, we would be happy about it.  I had one chemical miscarriage a few years ago, but nothing more than that. We figured that confirmed what the doctors thought - that my tubes didn't work.

We decided to start the IVF process a few months before our wedding - so, about a year and a half ago. We did all the screening tests (blood panels, sperm check, etc.) and scheduled an HSG test for a couple of months after the wedding (so, basically a year ago). After this test, the fertility doctor determined that removing my fallopian tubes would increase our chances of success with IVF, so surgery was scheduled for last October.

Well, the surgeon removed my left tube, which was full of fluid, but couldn't remove my right tube; there was too much scar tissue, and the end was too close to the ovary - she was concerned that if she removed it, she would damage my ovary. So, she cleaned up the scar tissue, but left the tube. We decided to start IVF at the end of January/beginning of February.

We waited for my cycle to start in the beginning of Feb, since that's when all the IVF injections start, but it never came. I took a pregnancy test, and lo and behold, I was pregnant naturally! They monitored me closely, and while my HCG levels were rising, they were not doubling - not a good sign. Then, at 6 weeks, I started spotting. An ultrasound revealed that while there was a heartbeat, the gestational sac was way too small. The doctor said it was a 50/50 chance that I would miscarry soon. I ended up miscarrying the next day. They tested the embryo, and it turned out it had a chromosomal abnormality that was "incompatible with life". It was really emotionally draining to go through an unexpected, but very wanted, natural pregnancy, only to lose it two weeks later.

The doctor told us to keep trying for 6 months; clearly my remaining tube worked once, so maybe it would work again. We started trying at the end of March, and I was pregnant two months later.

The strangest part is that both times, they think the egg came from the side without a tube, and traveled across to the other side and made its way into my good tube. Amazing how the human body works!

2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 19 weeks today - 2/20/17. We will (hopefully) find out the sex on Wednesday!

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms) Still tired all the time, RLP is picking up in frequency. Weird dreams! I was lucky to escape all morning sickness in the first trimester, and really haven't noticed any appetite changes yet. I have only felt the baby move once or twice, but I have an anterior placenta - apparently it's common not to feel movement until later with an anterior placenta.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Mostly better. It was bad in the first trimester - I am an anxious person, and with my history I was kind of a mess. I have days where it's worse, and I worry about what-ifs. My sister had severe pre-eclampsia and had to deliver her baby via emergency c-section at just under 26 weeks last month, so that hit a little close to home. But I just try to remind myself that I'm low-risk, and more than likely everything will be fine.

5. When is your next appointment?  A/S on Wednesday! A little nervous, but mostly excited.

6. Rants/raves/whatever H got me a snoogle last week, and it is my new favorite thing! I am usually a stomach and back sleeper, and it was tough sleeping on my side before the snoogle.

7. Anything else on your mind? Work. I am extremely underpaid. I am interviewing for another position at the parent company for my current employer, which would pay better. I have a second interview tomorrow, via video conference, so while I don't HAVE to tell them I'm pregnant (if they saw me in person they would probably know), I don't know if I am comfortable not saying anything. I guess I'll just see how tomorrow plays out.

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity? Making soup and watching football!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue? 18w2d had to retake the Harmony test its taking forever I will probably find out sex from A/S before they come back..

3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)Tired, emotional, heartburn back pain.

4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) Awful... I got my quad screen results over the phone the other day and the nurse told me they were elevated for Neural tube defects. They set up a level 2 ultrasound and appointment with Genetic counselor and I have been beyond worried. 

5. When is your next appointment? Thursday for the level 2 ultrasound/Genetic counselor appointment. 

6. Rants/raves/whatever I have been so forgetful almost forgot my Cell phone at church and my keys at McDonalds the other day. 

7. Anything else on your mind? I honestly can't think of anything but my babies health at this point. Praying that everything is ok. 

8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity? I Love Fall so much. My family already took a trip to the apple orchard and we plan to go to pumpkin patch with the kids in a few weeks. I Love to cook as well so been making lots of apple recipes. 
  • I am sorry some of you are going through so much. 

I am a STM (one sucessful PG, one m/c and currently PG). with my first PG (living son) I tested positive (carrier testing) for a disease where the child is dead by age 5. it was a long 3 or so weeks before I heard back that my H was not a carrier (so we were in the clear). very, very hard waiting, worrying, wondering if you are going to have to watch your child die. hard to immagine. 

try to take it a day at a time. be gentle with yourself. find relaxing things you enjoy to distract you and pass the time. I hope your results are good. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I am 20 weeks tomorrow! Baby boy, found out after the 10 week DNA testing. 

I haven't posted on the PGA thread in a couple weeks because I have been so nervous. 

I just wanted to share that I had my A/S today and everything looks good. I am so relieved. 

I am half way through! I know 3rd tri is going to be no picnic, I am already HR and will have tons of appointments, but I can do this. :-) 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • @Rainbow2017 prayers and best wishes that your next tests look ok and baby doesn't have a neural tube defect!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 2. how far along are you? EDD? Team green, pink, or blue?
    Team blue, Feb 4th but RCS Jan 8th, 21w4d
    3. How are you feeling (pregnancy symptoms)
    I finally seem to have gotten rid of all the germs and am feeling somewhat normal again. My uterus feels like it's about to fall out (yeah 4th pregnancy) but a maternity belt seems to be helping a ton. 
    4. How are you feeling (anxiety wise) 
    My anxiety is through the roof the closer i get to viability time. 24 weeks is when the bottom dropped out of my last pregnancy and we delivered at 28w. My greatest fear is another micro preemie and i just need to get through the next 7ish weeks. I feel like once we get past our 24 weeks growth ultrasound and then the point we delivered sadie, I will be able to breath and finally relax a little. 
    5. When is your next appointment? 
    MFM Oct 12th and OB Oct 17th.
    6. Rants/raves/whatever 
    My MFM cut my super low dose BP med in half and I feel so much more energized and like myself. Making this time more managable for sure! 
    7. Anything else on your mind? 
    I hate that I'm wishing away my last pregnancy but I just want to fast forward to a healthy take home baby so so badly.
    8. GTKY - What is your favorite fall activity?
    Pumpkin picking, fall festivals, and just outside time w my littles!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml