October 2016 Moms

GD Check In - 9.26

Good Morning ladies!

How were numbers this past week?

What tricks have you found to maintain your numbers?

Any questions/rants/raves?

GTKY - What is you favorite season? Why?
DS born 2016

Re: GD Check In - 9.26

• How were numbers this past week?
    - I checked a bit yesterday since I have to do the 2 hour test 6 weeks post partum and they are seemingly back to normal. 

- Cheese! A high carb food with cheese made my lowers number on most occasions!

- Anyone ever have the test done again after birth or is your doctor planning to have you do it? Diabetes runs in my family so he wants to make sure it just wasn't brought out by pregnancy. 

- Fall! I love all the colors and decorating for the season!! I've already started and need to get on my Halloween decorations soon!
    DS born 2016
  • @MrsB627 My midwives told me that I'd have to do another 3 hour glucose test at 6 wks PP to make sure it resolved with birth, and there's no cases of diabetes in my family. 

On a side note, the minute I was allowed to eat after birth, I had my husband get me a CinnaBon with extra frosting. It was glorious!
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsB627 I'm sure each doctor is different by my nutritionist suggested annual blood draws to check a1c numbers after the 6 week pp glucose check to make sure everything looks good since I'm at a higher risk of T2 after having GD. I do know that they checked my a1c levels and based on those I was not diabetic prior to pregnancy which made me feel better. But it runs in my family so definitely something I'm going to be more aware of going forward.

How were numbers this past week? Awesome! After the first week's numbers I was a little worried but my last week have all been well under my goals and my fasting numbers have looked good. I see my internist tomorrow and am hoping she has good things to say.

No greek yogurt before bed. Also, protein with every meal/snack and lots of short walks throughout the day. This is only after 3 weeks but so far it seems to be helping.

Just a rave for how great your ladies are. Thank you for answering my questions and let me join in. Unfortunately there are a few people that are joining the club in January 17 but it's still early and we are all kind of learning together.

Spring and Fall, I love the colors changing and the cooling temps of fall but usually Fall only lasts a couple weeks before it gets cold. I love spring because of how rejuvenating it seems after a long winter. The green on trees and grass, warming temps, just overall everyone seems happier.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• How were numbers this past week? well they make my Dr happy so they must be good lol

What tricks have you found to maintain your numbers? Kind protine brs 

Any questions/rants/raves? Well my rants is I'm having  heavy weight chapion basically if I was aloud to go to term it would hit 11lb mark probably. It is 8lbs right now 

GTKY - What is you favorite season? Why? Spring because it means I don't have to deal with the white shit for the longest period of time. Lol 
  • How were numbers this past week? Good, surprising at times

There is literally no consistency to my numbers. The only thing that consistently makes me spike is corn. I had spaghetti and meatballs and was worried about my number, it was 100 an hour later.

Just the no consistency thing. Things that I worry about eating end up being fine.

Fall! I love the cooler temps, the changing leaves, and everything pumpkin!

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• How were numbers this past week? Mostly good with a few weird spikes. I think my morning numbers are influenced more by how I sleep than when I eat, but I can't really control that.

I have mostly been going under the carb amount my dietitian suggested. Today I'm almost at it, though, and I haven't even had my night snack yet.

Nothing but the same old I want to eat stuff thing. I do have an admission, though - when my numbers are good I tend to give myself more leeway and sometimes end up messing up because of that. 

Winter! It's so brief, even if it's uncomfortable I think about how I need to appreciate it because it will be gone so soon. (I'm in Texas.)

• @nataliemaephotography @Carly79 Thanks ladies! I'm praying mine has gone away for good! I know my primary dr will follow up when I go for a physical too.
    DS born 2016
  • How were numbers this past week?
    Good. My Dr semi-joked if I would want to give other ladies lessons

go for walks at night. 

i am getting really tired of eating the same thing all the time. Can't wait for real food again

fall. I love the feeling of the air when it cools off. I can go back to sleeping with blankets. And something about the smell of falling leaves is magical
  • How were numbers this past week? Great other than Sunday it was my daughters birthday so I kind of ate things I shouldn't.

What tricks have you found to maintain your numbers? No tricks just insulin and protine.

Any questions/rants/raves? Almost done only 4 more days then baby will be evacuated from my uterus. 

GTKY - What is you favorite season? Why? Spring for many reasons it's the longest time before the white stuff. My son is deathly allergic to altranera so fall sucks for us. Summer is hot and sticky so I'm not a fan.