February 2017 Moms

Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

Sorry, I'm stepping on somebody's toes for this thread.  I have a question, below.  

Re: Symptoms Thread 9/25/16

• Since last night, I've had this throbbing pain in my right lower abdomen.  It feels like the pain I get when I have large ovarian cysts, except that this pain is throbbing whereas the cyst pain is constant.  (Also, I shouldn't be having cysts while pregnant.)
    I don't THINK this is RLP. It feels different.  Has anybody else had this before? 
    If it gets worse or doesn't stop by tomorrow, I plan on calling my doctor.  

• Yes call your doctor if it persists. Always better to be safe than sorry!

BTW, you wouldn't be stepping on any toes today because this is a thread that @Xstatic3333 usually starts on Monday mornings. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Loading the player...
  • No worries to start the thread early, @AfKash! I definitely agree with calling your doctor tomorrow, but I have also noticed that RLP can take all sorts of different forms so hopefully that's all that it is. 
  • @AfKash It is probably normal but call your Dr just to be sure. when I had similar pain here is what the midwife checked:
    - do you have gas?
    - do you need to go to the bathroom? Does it feel better or worse when you go?
    - is it better in certain positions (i.e. sitting, standing, laying on one side, after you pee, etc.)
    - Is it rhythmic? (does it come every X minutes or sporadically?)

I sometimes get pain in that area if I'm doing something strenuous. Or if I've overworked myself.

Also, keep in mind some of this is just normal growing pains. As a fellow FTM I know the jitters are real. Call the Dr but you're probably okay :-)
  • Speaking of RLP, is it more prevalent during first pregnancies? I vividly remember having it while pregnant with my first, but I didn't experience it during my 2nd, 3rd, or this pregnancy yet. 
  • L Jane said:
    Speaking of RLP, is it more prevalent during first pregnancies? I vividly remember having it while pregnant with my first, but I didn't experience it during my 2nd, 3rd, or this pregnancy yet. 
    I barely had it with my first (unless my memory is failing) this time around it's a lot more prevalent 
  • Are you sure it's not cysts? Because I have them while pregnant. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Gretchypoo amen to water solving almost everything. 
  • Thank you, ladies, for your advice! The pain has gone away, for now, at least. @Gretchypoo the pain started while I was sleeping.  So I'm not sure what triggered it.  @Starfish113 I thought you couldn't get new cysts while pregnant because you're not ovulating at that time..were your cysts already there before pregnancy? 

• AfKash said:
    Thank you, ladies, for your advice! The pain has gone away, for now, at least. @Gretchypoo the pain started while I was sleeping.  So I'm not sure what triggered it.  @Starfish113 I thought you couldn't get new cysts while pregnant because you're not ovulating at that time..were your cysts already there before pregnancy? 
    Nope, mine is from my last ovulation. And unfortunately it's growing. I go for a level 2 ultrasound on Thursday so a MFM can look at them (one side is a regular cyst and the other side is dermoid). So it is very possible during pregnancy unfortunately!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @Starfish113 ok, yes, that makes sense. I had a cyst left over from last ovulation, too.  It was growing but luckily it went away by 3rd month.  I hope both of yours have dissolved by now, especially that pesky dermoid!! Good luck to you!!

• So I use a snoogle at night to help me sleep on my side but I've been noticing some nights I've been waking up with pain on the side of my hip that I'm sleeping on. Has anyone else noticed this?
  • @lfrank12 I haven't had hip pain with this pregnancy so far, but it happened all the time during my last 2. I noticed mine bothers me more when the weather gets cold. With DD she was due in Feb and I feel like I woke up nightly with hip pain. (The hip down in the mattress)

My new symptom is that I've been noticing crazy weird dry legs!! My legs seem like they are constantly getting rid of the dead skin and it doesn't stop. I've tried extra lotion, and body scrub stuff. I don't know what else to do.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited September 2016
    @lfrank12 yes I've been having awful hip pain. It's due to your ligaments stretching to get ready for childbirth. I don't remember it being nearly husband my first pregnancy but I'm told it can get worse and start sooner with each pregnancy after your first. It can also be from a combination of that and a firm mattress since that is a pressure point. :( 

just an FYI don't use salonpas or Patches on the area because apparently the mess in them can pass through the uterus. My doctor recommended a heating pad only on the joint area  to alleviate pain (not on the stomach/pelvis/near baby)
  • @lfrank12 I'm also going to see a PT this week to hopefully learn some stretches etc to help with the discomfort.
  • Allergies are still going batty. I def have more RLP and stretching pains in my belly, and the belly has for sure gotten bigger. Getting winded going up and down the stairs too.
  • @lfrank12 I've had that too. Usually I just flip to the other side when I wake up for pee breaks in the night. When I sleep on my left, I get the hip pain and now actually the side and top of my thigh tends to go numb. According to Doctor Google it means I'm squishing some nerve that's in there. Fuuuun!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @AfKash you definitely can get cysts while pregnant... My sister developed one in her last pregnancy, but by the time they found it, it was too late to remove it (the baby was too big and taking up too much space to get in there). Maybe it was from her last ovulation? She didn't have an u/s until her anatomy scan, so it could be it was there from the beginning. They waited until a few months after the baby was born to remove it, and everything was fine. The biggest problem for my sister was that it was just super uncomfortable - the baby had a habit of kicking her ovary, which was slightly painful.

It could very well just be gas, though. Sounds similar to gas pain I've had. Glad it's subsided!

@lfrank12 Yes - I wake up with a sore hip and have to switch sides every night! It's pretty annoying.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat, and today I cannot stop sneezing. Ugh. So frustrating!

I have had hip pain too, but only one my left side. I plan on asking the doctor about it on Thursday. 
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

• @imalwaysme79 - I am in the same boat with the sneezing and sore throat. Yucky!

• @Patience7150 hang in there lady! Even just commenting the way you have is a step forward. Is there someone you can talk to about the way you have been feeling? Could you try to do
    something with even just one of your friends this week to help you along?
    & the movements will come, i was 22 weeks past on sunday & its only really been the past week that ive felt movement. It will be worth the wait!
  • Add me to the sneezing club. I've been fighting this since Thursday and my sore throat went away yesterday but the sneezing/running nose is just not getting better. It's making it hard to sleep because my nose is so stuffed up.

I'm sorry you're feeling withdrawn @Patience7150. I hope it passes for you soon. I'm with you on the wanting to feel movements. Idk my placenta position and my doctor said not to expect any until 20 weeks but at 18+5 I'm dying to feel anything!
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @madamerwin Ouch! I'm suprised the baby didn't pop cyst that your sister had! Thanks for the info!

@Patience7150 I'm so sorry you're feeling like this! I can actually share in your feelings. I've been more depressed since the last week because of finances, family stuff, bla bla bla. Are you taking any medicine for depression? I thought that maybe I might need to increase my dose again. However, I'm trying to hold out as much as I can. But for realz, if it doesn't get better soon, I'll have to call my doctor. I usually can tell when my depression is getting worse by the amount that I'm able to sleep. An early warning sign for me is insomnia. And ya, I've had that since last week.
    I don't know how long you've had depression or anything, but I recommend you talking to your doctor. Because it also sounds like you might? be not attaching well to the baby? Just an observation as an outsider.

• Hey there Pregnancy twin @Patience7150. Thinking about you. I can sympathize with how you are feeling. I have many many days where I feel the same. Sometimes I think my feelings are also a reaction to generally not feeling like myself. I am in the bed a lot these days. It's annoying because I want to go do something, but at the same time all I want to do is lay in the bed. Hoping your mood picks up. We are all here for you and understand what you are feeling. 
    Me: 36, H: 37
    FTM, 2 Furbabies
    married 03/17/07
    lived in Houston, Austin, Los Angeles and NYC
    due: 2/15/17
  • @Patience7150 I'm sorry you're dealing with depression right now - I suffer from anxiety and I know it's a hundred times worse now that I'm pregnant. Go easy on yourself. And if it makes you feel better, I'm 19w today, FTM, anterior placenta, and other than one night last week where I might have felt movement, I haven't felt the baby move yet either. I just keep reminding myself that between being a FTM and having an anterior placenta, it's relatively normal not to feel movement until closer to 22w. Sending hugs...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Patience7150 I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. Have you tried talking with your S/O at all about it? I would also definitely try to talk with your doctor, solely because you want to ensure that with the hormonal changes they're aware of how you're feeling, especially before PPD can potentially set in. Our hospital actually hosts a class about dealing with anxiety and depression during pregnancy and post-pardum. I'm attending one in a few weeks as I struggle with anxiety. Also, I'm 21 + 1 today and this is the first day I really felt some stronger movements during the day. I've been drinking toooooooons of water today, and then ate some pineapple and laid down as close to flat on my back as I could without feeling off. Baby started kicking up a storm! I only could feel him on the outside 2-3 times but definitely on the inside. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • +1 for the root beer @Patience7150 !! I hope it works for you!!

• @kswiger06 I recently just got a dry brush and have been dramatically less scaly. 

@Patience7150 and @krob all the hugs. 
  • I know we've talked about depression here before, and I'm hoping this is just a last few days/today thing and will turn around tomorrow, but I am finding myself withdrawing from friends/this board. I had to take a step back from this place last week due to work, and just couldn't....care? desire? something...to really step back in over the weekend. That then translated into not wanting to talk to friends either. I generally love this place and my friends, but just don't want anything to do with either. I'm trying hard to inject myself in here today to hope that turns things around, but blah. 

Also, I wish I felt more movements from the baby. 20w on Wednesday, I know I have an anterior placenta and FTM, but still...it'd be nice. 
    You summed up my feelings perfectly. I literally feel the exact same way you do. I'm not a FTM and not sure yet if I have an anterior placenta or not, but other than that I could have written this post word for word exactly as you did. You are so not alone in feeling this way. Please know I'm here if you need someone to talk to and I hope you start feeling better soon. Good for you for recognizing you're feeling off and still trying to participate even though you don't really feel like doing so. 
  • kjd291 said:
    L Jane said:
    Speaking of RLP, is it more prevalent during first pregnancies? I vividly remember having it while pregnant with my first, but I didn't experience it during my 2nd, 3rd, or this pregnancy yet. 
    I barely had it with my first (unless my memory is failing) this time around it's a lot more prevalent 
    Same here. Nothing with DD but pretty consistent this time around.
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• This cold is making me miserable. I go to the doctor on Thursday but what can I take to help alleviate the congestion and sneezing? Can I take Tylenol cold? Or just lots of OJ and honey and rest?

• @imalwaysme79 Did your OB give you a list of acceptable meds? If not I'd call them... mine gave me a list of safe meds and there were several cold options! But they are very specific types of each medication (no decongestants, etc).

@Patience7150 I'm late to the party, but I'm sorry you've been feeling off. You are always welcome here, so chime in as you feel up to it. It is great you are making an effort! On the movement front, it is definitely a bummer you aren't feeling much yet. Have you considered maybe getting a doppler in the meantime? It still is a connection to LO, and they are fairly inexpensive for the peace of mind.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @Patience7150 I'm so sorry for how you are feeling. You're in my thoughts and always welcome to talk about how you're feeling here. 

@kswiger06 I have the itchy legs too! It's awful! I've found that loose clothing and moisturizer help the most, but it still sucks. 
  • @WinchesterGirl, no, I didn't get a list. I guess I'll have to call there this morning. 

They weren't kidding when they say your immune system is weaker. I rarely ever get sick....blech. 

• Does anyone here deal with anxiety? I pretty much self diagnosed myself a few years ago (I know that is probably not the wisest choice but I really want to avoid going on meds). Usually it has just been small attacks only made worse because I have asthma, but I've always been able to calm myself and get my breathing in check to get thru them. Since my pregnancy I feel like my anxiety is happening more often, the latest being this morning. If anyone has advice on how to naturally get thru it I would love to hear it! I also think I will finally mention it to my midwife when I see her next week because I know it's not good for the baby.
  • @Patience7150 I am so sorry you are feeling this way. This place seems like a very open community for discussions like this so I hope you feel like you can come here and get some support :)

Soooo I'm going to try to get out of this with as little TMI as possible haha. What do I do when Metamucil, a lot of water and veggies, yogurt, coffee, and walking doesn't work? Guys I'm so backed up I'm not even convinced any of this bump is a baby :'( halp.