December 2016 Moms
Options

sunday ticker change 9/25/16

where did the month of September go????

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Appointments or what's happening this week? 

Symptoms and/or cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY:  what are you most looking forward to doing again after birth that you can't or won't do during pregnancy now?

Re: sunday ticker change 9/25/16

• Options
    How far along are you?  28 weeks, I've been saying i'm in third tri now for a few days but now I feel like it's "official"

How big is baby?  eggplant

Appointments or what's happening this week?  I passed the glucose test last week and i'm now on the every 2 week appointments, so I go back next week- for what i'm not sure, just a belly measure and a Doppler- I kind of feel like cancelling it since I have a second appointment set up for 1 month.  I mean, I can check my BP at home.  i'm sure if I do I will have something come up though.

Symptoms and/or cravings?  I want to eat everything now.  until I open up the pantry and then nothing looks good.  definitely craving more fruit and sweets and I still can't stand beef.  no big changes in pregnancy symptoms, chiropractor seems to be helping a lot with the pelvic and back pain.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  just ragey about work.  i have far too much to do and not enough time to get it done.  i have two bosses who each give me projects and they don't seem to talk to each other before they delegate.  i'm just a little fed up, and even though i keep them updated it doesn't seem to matter.

GTKY:  what are you most looking forward to doing again after birth that you can't or won't do during pregnancy now?  i can't wait to be able to walk and stand without pain, and do as much as i want without having to stop and rest.  and i want sushi.  i would eat it now except DH gets so mad at me when i try to convince him it's okay for me to eat.  that's about it.  i only miss wine and beer when we are out by the pool or watching football, so i'm not jonesing for it too much.
  • Options
    Austenista  Austenista member
    edited September 2016
    where did the month of September go???? I have no idea, but considering that it was 98 degrees here yesterday, it probably descended into an autumn abyss to assess its failure to usher us into an actual change of season. Either way, I don't mind. I have my eye on December. 

How far along are you? 28 weeks. Hello, third trimester, I've heard stories about you, but I'm ready for your onslaught. Home stretch.

How big is baby? Eggplant (a 15 inch 2.5 pound eggplant might win a ribbon at the fair, but okay), coconut, echidna, or roller blade. 

Dear echidna, you're so weird you make me laugh, so I'm going to put this here. 

Appointments or what's happening this week?  I have the dreaded GT on Friday where I'll also be gifted with my rhogam shot and the TDAP. I am just so looking forward to it. 

Symptoms and/or cravings? Symptoms are pretty chill right now. Eaton is straight up camping out on my left side. It makes it pretty uncomfortable to lay on the left side because of it. Feels too solid or something, I can't explain, it just makes me want to roll over to the other side. Cravings aren't chill. I've been eating like a real jerk. This morning I made Trader Joe's pumpkin cinnamon rolls and they were delicious. I should never had looked at the nutrition label though, that was a mistake. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rant: So my baby shower of doom is still stressing me out. BFF likes to text me on Sundays and try to change the date again. This morning has been no exception. Which means invitations aren't sent out and things are still up in the air. I'm done like an overcooked Thanksgiving turkey at this point. I didn't even answer her today and I'm pretty much not planning on it. 

Rave: I made the best of DH having the on-call weekend from hell yesterday (he'll be turning in about 9 hours of overtime). I rode with him to work at an onsite location yesterday for hours and back with almost zero swelling in my feet. Other than the anxiety I've been dealing with (I *think* the medication is helping. Fx) I've been dealing with very little issues. So I've got to give thanks for that. 

GTKY:  what are you most looking forward to doing again after birth that you can't or won't do during pregnancy now?

1. Stomach sleeping
    2. Hot showers/baths
    3. Wine, Coffee, Tea 
    4. Eating without concern for what will effect Eaton
    5. Getting back on my weight-loss game ("This walrus life does not feel good," she says as she shamelessly licks pumpkin icing off her finger tips.)

Bonus: Kissing my baby. I was just listing to DH this morning all the places I'm going to kiss this boy when I finally get to meet him. He is just so, so wanted and loved already. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?  28 weeks... hello, third trimester, nice to finally meet you!  (Although I'm not looking forward to the weight gain, the swelling, and the increased tiredness.)

How big is baby?  Size of an eggplant.

Appointments or what's happening this week?  Appointment tomorrow and baby shower #1 on Saturday at my mom's house (which means a 3 hour road trip on Thursday after DH gets home from work).  I'm only working 3 days this week so I'm super pumped about that!  Could really use a break after the last couple of weeks.

Symptoms and/or cravings?  I've started to notice some swelling in my legs and feet.  Was hoping this would hold off for a little while yet.  Little Miss Bean is still hanging out near my bladder (which will make the aforementioned road trip to my parents house SO much fun...)  As for cravings, thanks to failing my three hour glucose test and getting diagnosed with GD, I'm really watching what I'm eating lately.  But I was able to have a small slice of apple pie (with ice cream!) after dinner at my in-laws on Friday without my numbers spiking TOO much.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rave: DH has gone into super productive mode.  The crib was put together today while I was at the grocery store.  He also took off work on Friday and cleaned out our garage, and it looks (almost) as good as it did when I moved into the house 8 years ago!  The million dollar question for my OB this week is will the GD affect my due date in any way, shape, or form?  I'm hoping they tell me yes, she'll be here closer to the beginning of December!

GTKY: what are you most looking forward to doing again after birth that you can't or won't do during pregnancy now?  I'm looking forward to NOT testing my blood sugar four times a day!  I'm also looking forward to having wine and decent-sized servings of dessert again!  And I'm very excited about going part time at work.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    How far along are you?
    27 weeks. Yay for the third trimester! ;)
    How big is baby?
    As big as romaine lettuce
    Appointments or what's happening this week?  
    No appointments this week. Took my 1 hour glucose test on Saturday, so hopefully I'll get my results early this week and crossing my fingers that I pass.
    Symptoms and/or cravings?
    Nothing new this week
    Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Nothing
    I want to be able to eat a sandwich with lunch meat without heating it up lol.  I'm also looking forward to my hips not hurting everytime I lay down to go to sleep. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? Eggplant

Appointments or what's happening this week?  I have the 3 hour GTT on Tuesday. Not looking forward to being a pincushion all morning. I barely failed the 1 hr test, so I'm not too concerned

Symptoms and/or cravings? More swelling in my feet the past few days, more fatigue, and I think I have a cold I can't seem to kick

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Sleeping however I am comfortable
    Drinking all the coffee I want
    Having wine after a stressful day
    Having some time off work, I can't seem to be left alone even on my days off. 
  • Options

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    How far along are you?  30 weeks

How big is baby?
     A cucumber or a cabbage

Appointments or what's happening this week?  Not much in the way of baby news, though my appointment last week went well.  In other news, the contractor may finish our home renovation project this week (yay!). 

Symptoms and/or cravings?   Just a bit tired at the moment.

Rants/Raves/Questions:  (Mini-)Rant:  I really want to stay home and relax, but instead I have to go socialize tonight with my in laws.  Rave:  I finally picked a floor for our home renovation project.

GTKY:  Wine!

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    @Austenista I read on online today that all canned pumpkin is really just butternut squash. Whomp whomp :( autumn FAIL.  Just because of that I'm declaring (in my shorts and tank top sitting in 90 drug weather) it still summer and celebrating coconut and lime. F pumpkin and her betrayal.
  • Options
    @zubenescamali this doesn't disappoint as much as you might have expected. Butternut squash is so friggin hard to cut, I was asking DH did they can it. Now I'm going to do some sleuthing to see if there's a way to make butternut squash soup without breaking a sweat and running the risk for an emergency room visit. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @zubenescamali this doesn't disappoint as much as you might have expected. Butternut squash is so friggin hard to cut, I was asking DH did they can it. Now I'm going to do some sleuthing to see if there's a way to make butternut squash soup without breaking a sweat and running the risk for an emergency room visit. 
    Have you tried steaming it in a water bath in the oven for 15 minutes before cutting? Makes a world of difference! No more sliced fingers :)
  • Options
    @zubenescamali and @austenista I just saw a thing where you can steam it in the microwave for 3 1/2 minutes then peel and cut it.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks! Hurray for third trimester - the end is in sight!

How big is baby? Eggplant

Appointments or what's happening this week?  Just did my glucose test this morning, waiting for results and got my TDap shot.

Symptoms and/or cravings?  Swelling! So tired. No cravings really, just excited for all the soups and warm casseroles for fall. Hello potato leek soup! my fav

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing much right now. Excited to spend some time with DS and DH since we don't have my step-teenagers this week and it's our wedding anniversary on Wednesday.

GTKY:  what are you most looking forward to doing again after birth that you can't or won't do during pregnancy now? Stomach sleeping!! Also, just not constantly thinking about what I'm eating.

Sometimes my grocery store has pre-cut squash in the produce section... because squash soup is fantastic.