October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

Re: Weekly Randoms 09.26.16

• I've never understood this "points" leadership thing in the right column.... does anyone? 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • What do you ladies do with spare change at your house? We have a huge jar. I don't want to take it to coin star because they take like .11 cents on the dollar. I think you have to roll it to take it to the bank, right?  I just want my change converted to dollars without losing any of it. 
  • @NicholeL16 Yes, you need to roll it to take it to the bank, but you can get a nifty coin sorter to do it for you! We have a huge jar too and I hate that Coinstar takes such a large percentage.
  • @NicholeL16 I remember when we were kids sitting around the kitchen table rolling coins to take to the bank. 

It seems like these days that might be your only option... though I've heard of some smaller banks still having coin counting machines.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • Random question: Can someone explain when/how I should start my diaper subscription on Amazon Prime? I want to order a box to have at home in the next couple of weeks, but I don't want repeat delivery until baby is here ... can I order just one (with the discount) and then delay the next box? I want to get the discount, but if that doesn't work, I'll just go buy a package from a store to get started.
  • I didn't know coinstar took a percentage! What a ripoff. 
  • @NicholeL16 Call your local bank branch and ask if they have a coin counter ... Some will let you bring in your change jar and they'll count it for free (if you're a customer). Our bank does! But that might just be a small town thing ... 
  • @bamacoop- JUST saw your new arrival!!  Congrats, lady!  What an adorable little peanut!!
  • @mommathoner, not sure about putting the subscription on hold, but you can choose how often you have the diapers delivered. 

DH and I had sex last night to culminate our weekend of dates. To say it was uncomfortable is an understatement. It was unbearable. Basically DH had to go super duper slow he was barely moving. I don't think it's gonna happen again till after baby! 
  • @kmolleltz - I don't understand the leader board either, but I remember someone from that Lisa Frank group coming on here once and was all braggy about being on there every week, so maybe it's a popularity thing... I dunno. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @annabenanna You have all of my kudos.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • interesting... but there is nothing tell me when I get points? So how do you accumulate? Hahah. Oh well. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • I've seen our own mrscorker over there a few times before though, and I think she has a life! Not sure how you get there though. 
  • i don't usually see it bc i mobile. maybe the points are ranked on what you actually do? i had looked at that snarky lisa frank girls profile when she was there and it showed no activity bc she does it all in that group so idk. 

also @mrscorker does have a life so idk how it works lol
  • @f47 it seemed like a good idea at the time. But nope, no it wasn't. Not gonna repeat that same mistake again. Lol
  • @annabenanna - We had sex Saturday and it was awful. I "played through the pain" for DH because I wanted him to have one last hoorah before the baby gets here, but it was just so uncomfortable! Needless to say, it ended well for him, but definitely not for me. :/
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @bnsmith85 yeah but its such a mindless thing that you could binge watch netflix AND roll coins! haha
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • @CopperBoom86, awful isn't it?  It literally was a sacrifice of love!  
  • Props to anyone having sex. I can barely get myself off the couch or out of bed, much less attempt to get in some kind of comfortable position for sex. How are you doing it?! 

I guess we will try it if little man decides to be late. I'm sure that would be the one thing to induce labor for me ha! 

Exactly how I feel!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I finally cooked a REAL meal tonight for DH for the first time in forever. He's going to be so excited. Hahah.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • To those having sex, nesting and making meals, send me some of your energy please!! I can't do more than shower, take my daughter to school and pick her up from school. I am so tired all.the.time.
  • @nicholel16 I have a small account at a credit union and they have a coin sorter similar to coin star but it's free if you have an account. I used to have a car loan with the bank and had to have a savings account in order to get the loan. The account has $5 in it- worth it for the free coin turn in with little fuss! 
  • @LMNOBaby I think your priorities are right on.  I asked my husband if he thought wine would be allowed in the hospital room.  I was only mostly joking.

@CopperBoom86 Hooray!  So glad that worked out for you and you don't have to stress about it.
  • Re: Sex. My normal, overactive sex drive was in full gear most of this pregnancy but sex itself was NOT comfortable. My vagina would be sore for days, but I was so randy, I went with it anyway. Now my sex drive is dead for the first time in my life, but I'm willing to try anything to get this baby out so we've continued.... and sex has actually been more comfortable now than it has been in months. I'm hoping that's a good sign, like everything's opening up and getting ready for him to come down?? Maybe I'm crazy, but it makes me feel better while I sit here and bounce on my stupid ball morning till night. Lol

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @CopperBoom86 Ugh, I'm so relieved for you! What a stressful situation. Celebrate with some cake or something!
  • Re sex........ yeah its not happening here anymore either.  Maybe once a week.  I feel bad for SO, but seriously, I feel like a turtle who can't get up and then after Im sore, swollen and crampy. it's all just not cute!
  • Sex has been horrible for me this whole pregnancy, it's been just awful. But Saturday it was actually much better so I was surprised! I think @AllyTheKid mentioned it was better for her too recently and now she's in labor, so maybe it is a sign that labor is getting closer! (Fx anyways)
  • Sprinkels28Sprinkels28 member
    edited September 2016

@copperboom86--We were dealing with a similar insurance nightmare recently.  I'm a contractor so I pay for my own medical coverage, to add the baby it was going to be about $500/ month for me and him alone. CRAZY crap, and with a super high deductible.  Thankfully we found we had another option which will only add $36 a month, but holy crap, I was panicking for a good week or so there. 

Glad to hear your insurance fiasco is over with! Thank God for just making it under the income guidelines.