Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Sunday

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R: 

CS/Q:

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done? 
Me: 31 DH: 32
Dating since: 11/17/2001
Married: 9/26/2009
TTC: June 2016
BFP: 9/01/2017
EDD: 5/14/2018

Re: WTO Sunday

• Loading the player...
  • @lulu1180 I haven't seen research on honey, though there are a number of random "natural health" websites that recommend it for fertility. At least it doesn't seem to hurt! And I imagine it's a healthier option than refined sugar since it has less blood sugar impact. Honey is also believed to be an aphrodisiac in some cultures so... could help with FW :) 

@Polarbear517 FX for FW coming soon!

@TheMrs Yay for CH! I hope this is your month!

• @adirat I'm so sorry you had such a tough TTC day yesterday! All the creepy stranger internet hugs to you 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • @adirat Sorry to hear.  Creepy internet hugs

Month/Cycle: 3/2 

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: pnvs, temping, going to try opks for the first time this month.

R/R: Ditto @lulu1180 except I did temp and now I'm mad at a .3 spike ruining my just started chart.

CS/Q: when do you start trying opks?  5 days past AF?

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done? They're completely bare.  Pedicures for vacation (slave to fashion for the color)
  • @CrystalPDX If you don't know, why would you move? Just curious what makes you think it's over? I rarely O before CD17 personally.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • @GlitterFish I usually have a 26-28 day cycle, so based on my cycle history FF is guessing I already ovulated, but that is just based on cycle length. I guess I could stay, I'm not sure what to do! If you can't confirm O do you just stay and stay, even if it's until AF?
  • @CrystalPDX I ageee with @GlitterFish I wouldn't move without some kind of confirmation that you did indeed O. Otherwise, you will most likely get frustrated hanging out in the TWW for an extended time without turning a test. Most of the ladies here will be happy to do a CS if you would like some insight 

"It's time to try defying gravity."

Me: 38  DH: 38
    Married 6/11/16
    TTC Since 6/2016
    12/2016 RE appt; 1/2017 SA & HSG results - all normal
    3/2017 Dx Hyperprolactinemia; 5/2017 Prolactin levels normal; 8/2017 Low Ovarian Reserve
    8/2017 TTA for personal reasons; 10/2017 NTNP; 12/2017 Re-start TTC
    7/2018 Clomid+IUI
    11/2018 Letrozole+TI
    12/2018 Letrozole+IUI
    2/2019 NTNP
    5/2019 Stopping all TTC efforts; living Childfree
  • Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD:  23

WAYDTGKU: PNVs, OPKs, temping, preseed, HIO as much as possible

R/R: much needed, lazy Sunday

CS/Q: just waiting for signs of O

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done? 

My toenails are almost always hot pink and I usually get a pedicure once a month or so. My fingernails are almost always natural because nothing withstands my job. Not even gel color or jamberry wraps so it's not worth it to try. 

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• @NYTino24 @lulu1180 @GlitterFish  Thank you for the feedback. I'll temp the next few days and see what happens, and continue to hang out here. Still learning, clearly!
  • M/C: 1AL

CD:14

WAYDTgKU: OPKs, PNVs

R/R: Starting to feel like my body is getting back to normal after my loss.... And my hubby went to work late this morning so he could hang out with us and have breakfast.  It was nice to spend the morning together.  Fingers crossed he doesn't work until midnight tonight!

CS/Q: no chart to stalk, no questions to ask

GTKY:  my fingernails are currently Au Natural.  Toes are purple.  When I do have my fingers polished I do it myself but I like a gel polish on my toes and a nice pedicure to go with it!  I am way over due for a pedi.

Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• vflux33vflux33 member
    edited September 2016
    Month/Cycle: 1/2 really really trying; 6/6 saying we were trying and getting timing wrong

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: Basically everything except temping because of sleep-related stress.

R/R: Rant: Too. Much. Family. Drama. Rave: Geographical distance at least makes it easier to avoid said family drama. 

CS/Q: No thanks.

GTKY: This is probably going to make me sound fanatical after my question about food the other day, but I only do my nails at home because I'm afraid of the chemicals in nail polish and removers, which means I can never get them done professionally unless I bring my own polish (which is pointless because I'd be sitting there breathing in all the crap I'm trying to avoid). So I use a special brand that has an all organic remover and the polish isn't 100% organic but doesn't have a lot of the "bad" chemicals in it. This isn't something I started doing just for TTC --started getting concerned about chemicals in cosmetics and buying organic alternatives a few years ago. And I am kind of fanatical. Matching dark purple on nails and toes currently. 

theweevee I don't know which you are using, but I use the CBA OPK and it has a chart in the package showing you when to start testing based the length of the shortest of your last few cycles. For me that meant CD 10 because I have longish cycles. But that OPK needs to get a "baseline" for you since it's digital, so if you're going Wondfo you could probably start later (though it is super cheap if you want to start earlier just for kicks). 

Edited for typo
  • Month/Cycle: 2/2 (+ 7 NTNP)

CD:21

WAYDTGKU: normal stuff

R/R: with one more high temp FF will say I ovulated Friday.  I am ridiculously excited about the prospect of being back at my pre-DD "normal" cd19-20 O.  I very much hope my LP length will follow suit!  We didn't get as much sex in as I'd like bc DH was out of town, but I already consider this cycle a victory so whatever.

CS/Q: nope!

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done? I do them myself.  I do monthly boxes from Julep.  Today they are naked bc I do all of the painting on Sunday nights in anticipation of the week ahead.  My toes are always painted, even in winter, bc I do a lot of yoga so people always see my bare feet!
  • @adirat that sounds like an awful CD 1 :( I am so sorry that you are going through this

@GlitterFish welcome to TTGP! 

@Kiki75  Sorry that your friend is not being sensitive... I hope that turns around. Maybe she thinks that you'd rather avoid the subject? Either way, you'd think she would at least refrain from nonstop pregnancy talk 

@GeorgiaWife6912 fx for O soon!!

@CrystalPDX seems like you may not have ovulated yet... do you typically see a clear shift and also turn OPKs? 

@theweevee if you don't know much about your cycle I believe the recommendation is CD 10, but the package should include instructions based on cycle length if you are pretty regular. My last cycle was 34 days and my wondfo package says to start on CD 18 for a 34 day cycle... BUT since last cycle was my first off of BC I started earlier than that 

Me (28) & DH (35)
    Met 4/2010+Married 8/2014 
    TTC #1 August 2016BFP 10/2016= DD Born 6.23.17
    NTNP April 2018. BFP 5/2018 EDD 1.29.19 *Team Green*

• BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited September 2016
    Month/Cycle: 3ttcal

CD: 8

WAYDTGKU: sex, temping. PNV

R/R: work is never ending. I don't think I'll be able to finish a book for my book club this week. Thankfully book club is 95% chatting, eating, and drinking and only 5% book talking..haha

CS/Q: nope

Ive never had my nails professionally done...not even for my own wedding:S

toenails are usually hot pink, but they're light pink now. Fingers are rarely painted because I pick at them or it comes off in the kitchen...

edit: pressed post before I typed anything!

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• hartmichhartmich member
    edited September 2016
    @adirat I'm so sorry to see you here. I think with what you have learned about your LP, it's totally understandable how you feel even though it's "only" been four cycles. I hear you on that summer '17 baby - H is a teacher and man what perfect timing that would have been. But if it doesn't work out for us to get those summer babies, we are all here to support you and get you through this crappy process. I hope you are able to talk to your doctor and get some tangible steps to take to increase your LP and get you that baby! 

ETA - duh you posted about talking to your doc (I'm on mobile, so that's my excuse!) I don't have experience with that, so I hope someone can chime in, but I'm really glad to hear you have a doctor who is willing to take you seriously. It seems like that's not always the case!

• Sirius37Sirius37 member
    edited September 2016
    @adirat I'm sorry you're having a rough time. All the creepy internet hugs to you. 
    @BertieMeetsGertie Ugh. Jean shopping is the WORST. Mainly because I hate having to take off my shoes constantly (it's a thing) but because like you said everything is a skinny jean now! Whatever happened to plain old boot cut style? Bastards.
    @delujm0 YAY for a sense of normal! FX for you that you get to move to TWW tomorrow!

Month/Cycle: 3/3

CD: 18

WAYDTGKU: Temping, HIO EOD, OPKs

R/R: It seems like my usual signs of O started to appear yesterday so I'm hopeful that it means O is imminent and just later than usual. What's really interesting (to me) is that my temp pattern is lining up to be identical to what the previous week's looked like before my originally anticipated O. Maybe work stress really did delay it and it's gearing up to have another go? Time will tell I suppose.
    On the other hand, our town had its annual pirate pub crawl last night. Basically all the adults dress up as pirates, are given a "map" where they have to get a stamp from all these specific bars to enter into a prize drawing, and get wasted along the way. I got to put eyeliner on DH and he looked like my own personal Hook. I wanted to jump him when he got home but he was a little too intoxicated for much. 

CS/Q: Not specific questions. Here's my chart though in case anyone wanted a look  (I really need to put a link in my signature. Guh.)
    https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/sirius37

I never have my nails done. The few times I have, my little sister asks me of she can and it's usually a green color since it's my favorite. 

Edit: forgot to add chart link
  • Month/Cycle: 11/10

CD: 5

WAYDTGKU: pnvs, temping, rrl tea.

R/R: none today

CS/Q: Nope.

They're bare. I rarely paint them, and when I do I do them myself. The last time I had a professional do them was my wedding.

@adirat I am so, so sorry for your rough ttc cycle. I totally understand how you feel . I feel like such a complete and utter failure right now. You would think that scheduling OB and RE appointments would help me feel better....nope, I feel worse.  And, we have to TTA next cycle so that is also fun. Sooooooo many hugs sent your way.
    K

I will come back to comment later, but am at a football game now!
  • Month/Cycle: 5/5

CD: 11

WAYDTGKU: I am going to try mucinex this month. I still getting over my cold, so I have to take it anyways.

R/R: Just finished two 14 hour work days. 

CS/Q: None

Toes are purple.
    Nothing on hands.
    I paint them my self. 

• @adirat so sorry! I hope you can figure it out. I am rooting for you and sending you some positive vibes. 
    TTC#2 
    DS born 9.17
    TFMR 10.19
  • Month/Cycle: 4/5

WAYDTGKU: on to all things!

R/R: not much at the moment.

CS/Q: not yet

I almost never paint my nails because it lasts all of 30seconds before it gets chipped. I do however paint my toenails. they were purple but yesterday I switched them to a champagne color. I cant stand a french manicure on toes, i think it just looks like you need to cut your toenails , end rant

@adirat creepy internet hugs. It is so hard when your dream for the future doesn't pan out. I think we all daydream about the perfect time to get pregnant and have that little. If it doesn't happen it is heart breaking, all the more so when you know your going to have to take a break and put that dream off even longer. I am so sorry for CD1. Its great to hear that your doc is taking your concerns seriously and that you have a plan while your TTA. try to be good to yourself.

@glitterfish welcome and sorry for CD1
    @maebee87 hoora@maebee87
    @kiki75 i'm sorry you have one friend who cant step outside of herself to support you during this challenging time, but I'm glad you have another friend who is there for the good and bad. 
    @nytino24 that is an awkward situation with the crib. hopefully it will all work out in the wash
    @bertiemeetsgertie I feel your pain trying to find work cloths. I need stuff that looks professional but that can stand up to wear&tear and dirt. Skinny styles just dont cut it. I hope you have better luck today.
    @sirius37 hooray for impending O.  That pub crawl sounds like fun
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• manillabarmanillabar member
    edited September 2016
    @adirat, sorry you had a rough CD 1! i'm glad you and your doctor have a good plan for the workup. I don't know much about progesterone supplementation, unfortunately, but I can understand her reluctance to start treating you without getting the full picture first.   

@kiki75, sorry for your loss! Hope brunch goes well, its not easy to spend a lot of time with "friends" who only want to hear the good stuff. I'm glad you have some who can handle the tough stuff too
    @GeorgiaWife6912 I hope O comes soon!!

Month/Cycle: 3/4

CD:1

WAYDTGKU: in general, the usual suspects. today, nothing

R/R: Image result for period meme

CS/Q: I didn't bother setting my temp alarm last night because I drank and now I'm glad I didn't since it's CD 1. I prob won't start temping for a few days 

GTKY: What color are your nails? Do you paint them yourself or get them professionally done?  My nails are currently naked... I usually do my fingernails myself with the exception of special occasions (like my wedding) and I go through phases where I either do them weekly or not at all for a while. Previously I was using seche vite top coat but considering it has toluene, I'd like to try something else. Anyone have a good fast-drying top coat they wanna recommend? 

Edited to fix some stuff
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• @BaileyM321, best of luck making your decision! When I went to get my masters, it was to get the right experience to apply for a PhD program. I graduated 5 years ago and just don't have it in me to pursue a PhD. My heart isn't in it right now. 
    @adirat, loving your comfort food idea!!
    @wabash15, a million times YES for French toenails! It just looks like your toenails are way too long. Yuck! 
    Me: 31 DH: 32
    Dating since: 11/17/2001
    Married: 9/26/2009
    TTC: June 2016
    BFP: 9/01/2017
    EDD: 5/14/2018

• Month/Cycle: 8 months, 1 TTCAL 

WAYDTGKU: temping, opks, cm, extra methyl-folate 

R/R: temp was high enough to be around my normal cover line. I tend to raise up like a hill then have a sharp drop right before O. Not much else going on!

I'm at work. And it was ridiculously busy this morning. It calmed down, so knock on wood.

CS/Q: nope

Mine have a clear coat on right now. I actually have been getting them done professionally when I DO get them done. @GeorgiaWife6912 there's a new indestructible (it seems!) polish called dipping powder. It's fabulous, and is nicer to your nails than the gel. I had mine on for 4 weeks untouched before they grew out so much I had to have them removed. Removal is done by the salon though; I don't think there's a way to do it at home.

I normally get coral all the time during the warm months. Winter I go more red.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @leilac Sorry you're struggling post-loss. I can't even imagine what you're going through. Paying forward the creepy internet hugs. 

@BertieMeetsGertie  Clams are also high in iron per ounce so they're a good period food. Yum.